October 20, 2014 | 945 users online

Pressed Powders - Iman - Luxury Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by AllthatCharisma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I came back to my first true love. I started with Iman in my teens because this was a light powder great for a teenager looking for a light look. Since then I have tried so many different lines; (MAC, Clinique, Revelon, MUFE, BareMineral, etc.) Which are all great brands however, the trick to getting the best flawless look is finding the exact right color match and texture to fit your skin. There is no holy grail product that will fit everyone, yes, even MAC is not for EVERYONE. But for me, deep dark complexion (i.e. MAC 50 and Revlon Cappuccino) oily T-Zone, living in hot humid Florida; this is a great match for me. I can't stop looking at my skin skin. I have been all around the world and came back to my first true love Iman Luxury Pressed Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by deveyonnethedivaMUA

I am very disappointed with the outcome of my Iman luxury pressed powder. I bought this powder from Walgreens for about 20.00. I was excited to get it home and try it. I did hear that Iman products weren't selling good as when it first launched due to some type of change in product. Needless to say, they were right. In MAC I wear NC50 and went on Iman website to do a color match and it gave me, Earth Deep which was too dark and made me look dull. So I lighten up to Clay 5 which was perfect in cream. However, looks a bit off in the powder. The match is quite horribly dull and then above all else it gives a glittery gold glow. News flash every woman doesn't want a shimmery face. Disappointed, but something tells me I'll be trying it again in clay 4.Smh!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Earth Deep, the deepest shade. But beware, the color really isn't that dark but it's sheer so it works. This powder has a suprisingly rough texture and the puff it comes with is hard and stiff. However, I use a different applicator and I really like this powder. It isn't as reddish as her oil-blotting powder. I would purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by rosalynxrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping this powder would work for my asian skin but I was very disappointed with it. I really hate the finish, it just doesn't look very smooth and leaves an almost powdery/uneven finish. The colors are also weird... None of them were really a good match for me (I'm half filipino). I definitely don't think it was worth the price, I would buy a cheap drugstore powder over trying this one again. I tried it in hopes to finally find a color that matches me as well as to save a little money, but I'll stick to my favorite so far that is a lot pricier but way better quality- Cargo.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by MsGoddessV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a week now and so far I am impressed. The shade matches me perfectly and most importantly it keeps my concealer, foundation or BB Cream in place. I do have to blot my nose come mid day (oily skin), but for the most part it does what it says. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Of all Iman's products, this and the Afterglow bronzer are my favorites.

Unlike her oil-control powder (which controls oil about as well as a bowl of shortening), this powder is velvety, covers very well (I can wear it alone or with concealer) and doesn't oxidize over time.

The lasting powe is minimal but it's portable for touchups. It's best to throw away the nasty powder puff and use a brush.

I do wish Iman would do something about her bulky, outdated packaging which does NOT fit well in a makeup bag. Otherwise, fine, inexpensive product.

Me: NW50 (Earth Deep in this powder).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

So far so good...I must say I really like this pressed powder I use it after I apply my makeup forever mat velvet liquid foundation and it really sets the foundation good I have the color earth dark and it goes perfect with my red undertone...A little goes a long way with this also if you build to much on it'll look very fake and cakey...but this is my new go to press powder...also I like this because it doesn't have any sparkles in it like most other pressed powders I've used...honestly you could use this alone for a light coverage foundation..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Khaillah

PROS: I like the texture and the finish.
It doesnt look like i'm wearing anything, almost like perfect skin.
It seems to last a longer time than most other compacts

CONS: I just wish IMAN of all people would make shades for Black women. The undertones are orangey/peachy....i dont see any yellow, which is what i need. Sigh. I find that I have to use yellow-based foundation to neutralize the slight orange in the powder and it works out fine. But it shouldnt have to be so much work IMAN---

No, it doesnt stay matte for long ---but luckily i'm not one of those who like a pan-cake face, so it works out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Kissmeimabeanr

I LOVE THIS POWDER PAIRED WITH MY DREAM MATTE MOUSE LIQUID FOUNDATION I HAVE USED MANY HIGH END BRANDS CONSIDERING TYHAT I USED TO WORK AT MACYS WHERE I GOT A DISCOUNT AND SEPHORA WAS A FEW STORES DOWN AND I HAVE BEEN ON A BUDGET THE LAST 6 MONTHS SO I HAVE BEEN SEARHING FOR A FOUNDATION AND POWDER THAT UIS REASONABLE WONT IRRITATE MY SKIN AND FOR THE END RESULT TO LOOK EXPENSIVE. SO FAR EVERYONE HAS BEEN COMPLIMENTING MY SKIN I AM A LATINA AND IM NC25 TO 30 DEPENDING ON THE SEASON AND THATS REALLY LIGHT I USE MAYBALINE MATTE LIQUID IN MEDIUM BEIGE AND THE LIGHTEST IMAN PODWER SAND KLIGHT MEDUIM. I HAVE ALOT OF RED AND YELLOW IN MY SKIN AND THESE COMBINED GIVE ME ADDED COLOR WITHOUT LOOKING DARK OR ORANGE OR CHANGING COLORS THROUGH OUT THE DAY THE FINISH IS MATTE BUT SLIGHTLY DEWY JUST ENOUGH TO HAVE A GLOW BUT I THINK THE DEWYNESS COMES FROM THE MAYBALENE (SPELL CHECK) LOL BUT ANYWAYS I WEAR THIS WITH BRONZER AND A PINKY BLUSH AND GET A LIL COPPER GOLD EYESHADOW TO HIGHLIGHT THE TOP OF MY CHEEK BONES AND I LOOK LIKE JUST CAME BACK FROM A VACATION AND HAD SOME GOOD SEX LOL AWSOME QUALITY FOR THE PRICE AND IMAN IS TARGETED FOR WOMAN OF COLOR SO LIGHTER SHADES ARE MORE LIMITED BUT THEY WORKED FINE FOR ME CUZ IM PRETTY PALE I APPLY THIS WITH A BIG FLUFFY FACE BRUSH WORKS NICLEY HOPED THIS HELPED

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:18:00 PM More reviews by BeginMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! First of all its hard to find colors for dark colored woman, but using this product by IMAN is amazing! They have all shades for any color type (ecspecially for colored woman) & its also at drugstores! The only thing i hate is that its around 15 bucks! But its worth it. I would definitely repurchase this .