NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss

4.3

Polybutene, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline wax, Lanolin oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Perfume, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, and B.H.T. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No. 7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100) , D&C Red No.28 (CI 45410), D&C Red No.34 (CI 15880), D&C Red No. 36 (CI 12085), or Ultramarine Blue (CI 77007).

on 2/14/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a really nice, solid lipgloss. I own two and they are both great, despite having completely different shades and finishes. "Pink Nude" is a favorite lipgloss of mine because it is a lovely pale pink and it's awesome both by itself or for topping other lipsticks. Anyways, the formula is smooth, emollient, not tacky at all, and moisturizing. It feels really nice on the lips and would never emphasize dry patches. Sometimes, it does emphasize the lines in the lips though which is part of why I took off a lippie. The other reason is because it doesn't last very long. If you eat or drink at all, this is gone. It lasts about 2 hours on me and most lip products last a long time on me. I think this might be normal for lipgloss, but I'm comparing it to my favorites which last up to 6 hours. But all in all, this is a really great, solid lipgloss. I definitely recommend it.

on 1/21/2015 9:06:00 PM

I always buy these. I have so many colors! Cheap price, good quality, very pigmented.

I bought this gloss in the 122 natural, and it has ended my search for the perfect natural colored lip gloss. It gives a nice dewy, but not shimmery look. I love it!

on 12/18/2014 6:41:00 PM

Love these!! Just bought a pack of 5 for $19 here in Australia. Awesome colours. Love how glossy and lively they are, but they don't seem sticky. Love, love!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My Favorite glosses right now. Moisturizing, not sticky, great pigment and smells like cherry candy. for only $5, i will continue to buy them until they run out of stock!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I got the shade "French Kiss" this morning at the drugstore on my way to work. Put it on, and it stayed put for about an hour and a bit. Once I had my first cup of coffee, the color faded, but it was still prominent enough to be noticeable. Reading over some of the other reviews, I tend to agree that the shade is a bit on a shimmery side, but if you lay it on with a light hand, then it comes off looking quite lovely .... a dominating pink note with gold undertones; seems to work great with my olive complexion. I would probably buy a few more shades if I had the opportunity :)

PROS: This lip gloss is the perfect accessory to have in your purse, especially when you're running out the door. The color payoff is great, but not too overpowering. The product itself is super moisturizing, and makes your lips look very smooth.

CONS: The formula is not extremely long-lasting, so you will have to reapply a few times throughout the day, but given the cheap price, I still think it's a great product.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Very affordable and cute lip glosses, and quite a wide range of colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cheap but decent lip gloss.

on 11/2/2014 3:20:00 PM

i have only the shade sugar pie. not sure if its just this shade, but whenever i wear this, the smell of it makes me nauseous. its soooo sickly sweet its disgusting. also, the staying power could be better. otherwise the packaging, color selection and color payoff is great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I got this lip gloss in the shade Ice Princess in a set with some other NYX products a while back at Marshall's. The set was an impulse buy, and I was mainly buying it for another product in the set but I was very surprised with how much I like this.

Ice Princess is a really nice, light pink shade-it's so light that it doesn't show up much on my lips, and I'm pretty pale, but it does give a nice pink tint and looks really, really nice paired over a pink lipstick or a lip liner. It's not sticky in the slightest, and when I take it off my lips feel really soft. The applicator is a really nice sized doe foot applicator. I don't know if this is with all the glosses in this line, or just the one I have since I just have the one, but it smells VERY faintly of cherries-it's more of a candy cherry smell than the smell of actual cherries, and it's only noticeable when you go out of your way to smell the applicator(which is just a thing I do-I always smell my products, that way I can tell people who are sensitive to smells).

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I'M not really one to fall into trends, It's either it works or it doesn't
In my case this totally works! I had heard a lot about these glosses via youtube and different blog sites but ignored all the raves and reviews the gloss got....After stalking Google for Ummmm at least one week straight looking at all the swatches I finally broke down and ordered a few I don't know why I waited so long:( I purchased mines off of eBay
I purchased The Kiss The Stars trio it comes with three to a pack which includes Sugar pie, Beige (it's not "beige")it's a taupe pink in my opinion, and Natural i bought it for 9.78 free shipping I was sent the LoveStruck trio which includes Frosted pink, Beautiful, and Natural which I equally adore just as much as the Kiss the stars ..The seller was so nice that they sent me the kiss the stars trio for free!! Can't beat that lol I also purchased an additional gloss in the color Nude Peach which Is not frosty or glittery it has tiny gold specs that aren't noticeable all the colors I chose are universal in my opinion I played it safe because I didn't know if I'd really care for them...I luv the glosses tho my new go to..

Pros: Not to sticky, Comfortable to wear, No white residue or cast, long lasting, smells like cherries, Consistent, Nice amount, Pocket friendly, Pigmented

Convenient...No complaints here

Cons: Some of the glosses are not true to color!, Some may not like the smell,

Video Reviews & Tutorials