December 21, 2014 | 1542 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kkrebs

Love these!! Just bought a pack of 5 for $19 here in Australia. Awesome colours. Love how glossy and lively they are, but they don't seem sticky. Love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugabeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Favorite glosses right now. Moisturizing, not sticky, great pigment and smells like cherry candy. for only $5, i will continue to buy them until they run out of stock!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by inventingshadows

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shade "French Kiss" this morning at the drugstore on my way to work. Put it on, and it stayed put for about an hour and a bit. Once I had my first cup of coffee, the color faded, but it was still prominent enough to be noticeable. Reading over some of the other reviews, I tend to agree that the shade is a bit on a shimmery side, but if you lay it on with a light hand, then it comes off looking quite lovely .... a dominating pink note with gold undertones; seems to work great with my olive complexion. I would probably buy a few more shades if I had the opportunity :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by letsburnbridges

PROS: This lip gloss is the perfect accessory to have in your purse, especially when you're running out the door. The color payoff is great, but not too overpowering. The product itself is super moisturizing, and makes your lips look very smooth.

CONS: The formula is not extremely long-lasting, so you will have to reapply a few times throughout the day, but given the cheap price, I still think it's a great product.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Very affordable and cute lip glosses, and quite a wide range of colors to choose from. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a cheap but decent lip gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by skylalavigne

i have only the shade sugar pie. not sure if its just this shade, but whenever i wear this, the smell of it makes me nauseous. its soooo sickly sweet its disgusting. also, the staying power could be better. otherwise the packaging, color selection and color payoff is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this lip gloss in the shade Ice Princess in a set with some other NYX products a while back at Marshall's. The set was an impulse buy, and I was mainly buying it for another product in the set but I was very surprised with how much I like this.

Ice Princess is a really nice, light pink shade-it's so light that it doesn't show up much on my lips, and I'm pretty pale, but it does give a nice pink tint and looks really, really nice paired over a pink lipstick or a lip liner. It's not sticky in the slightest, and when I take it off my lips feel really soft. The applicator is a really nice sized doe foot applicator. I don't know if this is with all the glosses in this line, or just the one I have since I just have the one, but it smells VERY faintly of cherries-it's more of a candy cherry smell than the smell of actual cherries, and it's only noticeable when you go out of your way to smell the applicator(which is just a thing I do-I always smell my products, that way I can tell people who are sensitive to smells).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by FaceIsBeatHunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'M not really one to fall into trends, It's either it works or it doesn't
In my case this totally works! I had heard a lot about these glosses via youtube and different blog sites but ignored all the raves and reviews the gloss got....After stalking Google for Ummmm at least one week straight looking at all the swatches I finally broke down and ordered a few I don't know why I waited so long:( I purchased mines off of eBay
I purchased The Kiss The Stars trio it comes with three to a pack which includes Sugar pie, Beige (it's not "beige")it's a taupe pink in my opinion, and Natural i bought it for 9.78 free shipping I was sent the LoveStruck trio which includes Frosted pink, Beautiful, and Natural which I equally adore just as much as the Kiss the stars ..The seller was so nice that they sent me the kiss the stars trio for free!! Can't beat that lol I also purchased an additional gloss in the color Nude Peach which Is not frosty or glittery it has tiny gold specs that aren't noticeable all the colors I chose are universal in my opinion I played it safe because I didn't know if I'd really care for them...I luv the glosses tho my new go to..

Pros: Not to sticky, Comfortable to wear, No white residue or cast, long lasting, smells like cherries, Consistent, Nice amount, Pocket friendly, Pigmented

Convenient...No complaints here

Cons: Some of the glosses are not true to color!, Some may not like the smell,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lip gloss I've used. I love the feel and look of it, I own the shades Frosted Beige and Sugar Pie. I wear them every day. They look great alone or over lipstick. The only thing is that I wish they lasted longer on the lips. But besides that, these are my favorite glosses! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I have the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look. It's one of the first lip products I've ever purchased by NYX cosmetics. I don't like it. The packaging looks cute with the bow on the cap, but what really bothers me about this lip gloss is the smell.

I'm not terribly fond of lip products with a scent. Actually, I'm okay with some scented lip products like the Nivea Lip Butter Lip balms in Raspberry Rose or Vanilla Macadamia, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Burts' Bees original Peppermint. But the thing is---I am not fond of the cherry scent that these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses have nor do I like the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks which have a watermelon scent. These scents are sickening and while they probably go away after a while...it makes the moment you put it on your lips unbearable.

It's not the favorite lip gloss I have in my purse because of the smell. Pigmentation wise it is very nude peach-ish. It can be streaky. I would not buy another one if I ran out of it and I'm really contemplating whether or not I should just throw it out. It will be my first and last mega shine lip gloss for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have this in the shade "natural" its a lovely nude shade (pink with Brown undertone) that will look great with any eyeshadow. What I love that it has zero shimmer/glitter. I usually wear this without any lipstick underneath because its very pigmented and opaque (idk if the other shade also like this). The lipgloss smells like children's Tylenol (cherry) I really don't mind it at all.