October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Mega Shine Lipgloss

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this lip gloss in the shade Ice Princess in a set with some other NYX products a while back at Marshall's. The set was an impulse buy, and I was mainly buying it for another product in the set but I was very surprised with how much I like this.

Ice Princess is a really nice, light pink shade-it's so light that it doesn't show up much on my lips, and I'm pretty pale, but it does give a nice pink tint and looks really, really nice paired over a pink lipstick or a lip liner. It's not sticky in the slightest, and when I take it off my lips feel really soft. The applicator is a really nice sized doe foot applicator. I don't know if this is with all the glosses in this line, or just the one I have since I just have the one, but it smells VERY faintly of cherries-it's more of a candy cherry smell than the smell of actual cherries, and it's only noticeable when you go out of your way to smell the applicator(which is just a thing I do-I always smell my products, that way I can tell people who are sensitive to smells).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by FaceIsBeatHunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'M not really one to fall into trends, It's either it works or it doesn't
In my case this totally works! I had heard a lot about these glosses via youtube and different blog sites but ignored all the raves and reviews the gloss got....After stalking Google for Ummmm at least one week straight looking at all the swatches I finally broke down and ordered a few I don't know why I waited so long:( I purchased mines off of eBay
I purchased The Kiss The Stars trio it comes with three to a pack which includes Sugar pie, Beige (it's not "beige")it's a taupe pink in my opinion, and Natural i bought it for 9.78 free shipping I was sent the LoveStruck trio which includes Frosted pink, Beautiful, and Natural which I equally adore just as much as the Kiss the stars ..The seller was so nice that they sent me the kiss the stars trio for free!! Can't beat that lol I also purchased an additional gloss in the color Nude Peach which Is not frosty or glittery it has tiny gold specs that aren't noticeable all the colors I chose are universal in my opinion I played it safe because I didn't know if I'd really care for them...I luv the glosses tho my new go to..

Pros: Not to sticky, Comfortable to wear, No white residue or cast, long lasting, smells like cherries, Consistent, Nice amount, Pocket friendly, Pigmented

Convenient...No complaints here

Cons: Some of the glosses are not true to color!, Some may not like the smell,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by swizzlequeen24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best lip gloss I've used. I love the feel and look of it, I own the shades Frosted Beige and Sugar Pie. I wear them every day. They look great alone or over lipstick. The only thing is that I wish they lasted longer on the lips. But besides that, these are my favorite glosses! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I have the NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look. It's one of the first lip products I've ever purchased by NYX cosmetics. I don't like it. The packaging looks cute with the bow on the cap, but what really bothers me about this lip gloss is the smell.

I'm not terribly fond of lip products with a scent. Actually, I'm okay with some scented lip products like the Nivea Lip Butter Lip balms in Raspberry Rose or Vanilla Macadamia, Smith's Rosebud Salve, Burts' Bees original Peppermint. But the thing is---I am not fond of the cherry scent that these NYX Mega Shine lip glosses have nor do I like the Milani Color Statement Lipsticks which have a watermelon scent. These scents are sickening and while they probably go away after a while...it makes the moment you put it on your lips unbearable.

It's not the favorite lip gloss I have in my purse because of the smell. Pigmentation wise it is very nude peach-ish. It can be streaky. I would not buy another one if I ran out of it and I'm really contemplating whether or not I should just throw it out. It will be my first and last mega shine lip gloss for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have this in the shade "natural" its a lovely nude shade (pink with Brown undertone) that will look great with any eyeshadow. What I love that it has zero shimmer/glitter. I usually wear this without any lipstick underneath because its very pigmented and opaque (idk if the other shade also like this). The lipgloss smells like children's Tylenol (cherry) I really don't mind it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

For the price, this is hands down the best lipgloss I've ever tried. It's not sticky and the colors are so rich and pigmented. All the colors just look so creamy and natural, not like the ones that sit on top of your lips. Highly recommend.

Please watch my fresh spring look using this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by DecembersWoe9895

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Some of my favorite makeup products in my whole collection are lip products. Basically, I love anything from lip balms to lip liner to lip gloss, you get the point. But I have got to say that this has got to be one of the worst lip glosses I have ever owned. Period. I swear, this came straight out of my worst nighmares! Okay, while that last part may be a tinsy bit of an exaggeration, I honestly did not enjoy my experience with my NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Neutral.

I purchased this at Ulta for about $6 and was just looking for a possible Holy Grail gloss. I saw this and said "Why not?" My mistake becuase I can conjure up a quite an extensive list of "Why nots." Since I would hate for you all to think of me as a Debbie-Downer, I will kick this review off with the Pros.

So, while the gloss itself is a hot mess, I was actually pleasently surprised at the lovley (though heavy) fruity/floral smell. However, I've heard several people say that this smells sickly sweet to them so if you are sensitive to fragrance or don't enjoy somewhat 'perfumy' scents, stay away.

In addition, the taste is not too bad. Personally, I don't particularly like the taste of lip glosses, so if it can be avoided I try not to taste them. I must say though, this one did not taste like synthesized goop... more like a fruity lip balm.

Probably most importantly, the packiging of this gloss is some of the best drugstore ones I've seen. The tube is your average gloss size, but has the cutest bow on top. The wand does not break off or gets supper gunky, it reaches down to the bottom, and it doesn't pick up too much product. The plastic tube is thick and sturdy, with cute black print written on it. Overall, very classy and practical

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, here's for the part nobody wants to hear, the Cons. I'm not going to waste too much to my and your time with seperate paragraphs about each con, so this is gist of what you need to know:

This lip gloss is streaky, has a horrible frosty finish to it (which is never a good look), is extrememly runny (at least it doesn't dry out lips), has really poor coverage, accumulates in the lines of my lips, as well as accentuautes any dry patches. This is so bad, I have seen better quality in play makeup from when I was a little girl! Not to even mention that this color drains all the color in my face. I honestly look like I could be a recent addition to the zombies in The Walking Dead while wearing this!

This product is just not any good so don't waste your time or money!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Dis8ged

This lip gloss is rather disgusting to use. It smells, weird, it tastes weird, and most importantly, it emphasizes ALL the lines I have on my lips. I would assume that it dries up my lips even more. Would have preferred the formula to be less sticky. Nice colours though. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

THE SMELL IS TERRIBLE!!!I had this in Natural(Beautiful color, the perfect nude for me!) but it was so disgustingly chemically and i had to return it and get something else instead, so i got another nude gloss but from maybelline(beautiful color, almost like the one from NYX).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oooo lordyyy! I love these glosses! I have them in Tea Rose, La La, Natural, Dolly Pink, Frosted Biege and Clear. I adore them all! Great for applying over lipsticks for added shine, moisture and/or sparkle. Also, fabulous on their own! They have great pigmentation, and the formula is slick and smooth... Not too thin, and not too thick and tastes/smells great.. Like vanilla sugar cookies or something. Just perfection! The tube is adorable and very sleek and simple, yet cute: Clear (so you can see the color), rectangular, long tube with rounded edges with a black twist off cap and the top of the cap has a cute little bow on it, which makes them easily identifiable inside my purse. The product is applied with a sponge tip applicator that I enjoy and that works quite well. I like these so much and I really want to get them in every color! (And there's a very wide range to choose from) Maybe a chocolate brown or plum color for fall.. Or a fun bright red! And at $5 a pop, I can definitely afford them all! Highly recommended!