Clinique Long Last Lipstick - Dubonnet Soft Shine

4.8

on 6/27/2007 10:35:00 AM

A lot of the females in my family use Clinique (I mainly use MAC) and they're always receiving lots of GWPs, and luckily they give quite a few of them to me. Dubonnet was one of these, and it quickly became my favorite reddish lipstick, and I've tried quite a few. One of my HG lipsticks! Can look too bright if applied straight from the tube like the previous reviewer said, but I simply blot it with tissue paper until it looks the way I want it to. Love it, will buy a new one when I run out of my current GWP tube!

on 8/21/2006 3:43:00 AM

Just bought this based on MA's advice at the counter. She said it was very popular. Was looking for my beloved Berry Berry Matte in LL but I think its been discontinued. I was initially skeptical because it looked like it could be coral when I applied on my hand and I always buy coral and REGRET because it looks too bright and orangey on me! But when I dab this on my lips - voila! Beautiful color that I think I'll wear for a long long time... NOt coral at all. I HAVE to use a lip brush or my finger to apply. Applying straight from the tube is TOO bright and almost orange on me. But smudged on, its a lovely non-loud reddish color (almost like a reddish/rich tangerine) that looks like a redder version of my natural lip color. I can wear this for day with all my makeup. For reference, I am a pale Chinese with some yellow tone in the skin but look better in neutrals / slightly cool / slightly warm colors. Strangely, warms that are too warm look terrible on me.

on 6/4/2004 1:32:00 PM

First of all...I love full size, not GWP, Clinique Package. It lasts well compared to those plastic packages and it looks stylish. Simple but stylish.
And the product: Long last soft shine is not very long lasting in my opinion but it is not the worst one either. Just regular creamy lipstick. Dubonnet is a cool rosey shade on my lips. It looks very natural but made up. Works great for creating that rosy pout if youre cool PPP. If i wear this straight from the tube it looks too sharp and made up but if I use my finger WOW...Soft Lolita lips! this is a similar type of color as Chanel Infrarouge Cool nature.

on 1/12/2004 10:35:00 AM

I've been wearing this shade for years & years. The formula is quite smooth & moist, and the color is one of those soft, pretty ones that would look good on everyone: warm reddish brown with a hint of wine. Clinique may not be the trendiest line around, but it has great stuff - probably why it's been around for so long.

on 1/12/2004 5:28:00 AM

I usually run a mile from reds or tawny lip colour, but as I had been experimenting with corals lately, I guess getting into tawny reds was the next logical step. I purchased Dubonnet mainly because of the name (!) but was surprised to find it a lovely, semi sheer tawny orange red that looks really nice against my very pale (yellow undertone) skin and dark brown/copper hair. Very flattering. I apply Chapstick first then dab Dubonnet onto the top and bottom middle of my lips and blend gently, for a fuller soft look.

Popular Lipsticks