August 1, 2014 | 1939 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Long Last Lipstick - Dubonnet Soft Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 10:35:00 AM More reviews by purplegirl62

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A lot of the females in my family use Clinique (I mainly use MAC) and they're always receiving lots of GWPs, and luckily they give quite a few of them to me. Dubonnet was one of these, and it quickly became my favorite reddish lipstick, and I've tried quite a few. One of my HG lipsticks! Can look too bright if applied straight from the tube like the previous reviewer said, but I simply blot it with tissue paper until it looks the way I want it to. Love it, will buy a new one when I run out of my current GWP tube!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by mrstrii

Just bought this based on MA's advice at the counter. She said it was very popular. Was looking for my beloved Berry Berry Matte in LL but I think its been discontinued. I was initially skeptical because it looked like it could be coral when I applied on my hand and I always buy coral and REGRET because it looks too bright and orangey on me! But when I dab this on my lips - voila! Beautiful color that I think I'll wear for a long long time... NOt coral at all. I HAVE to use a lip brush or my finger to apply. Applying straight from the tube is TOO bright and almost orange on me. But smudged on, its a lovely non-loud reddish color (almost like a reddish/rich tangerine) that looks like a redder version of my natural lip color. I can wear this for day with all my makeup. For reference, I am a pale Chinese with some yellow tone in the skin but look better in neutrals / slightly cool / slightly warm colors. Strangely, warms that are too warm look terrible on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 1:32:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all...I love full size, not GWP, Clinique Package. It lasts well compared to those plastic packages and it looks stylish. Simple but stylish.
And the product: Long last soft shine is not very long lasting in my opinion but it is not the worst one either. Just regular creamy lipstick. Dubonnet is a cool rosey shade on my lips. It looks very natural but made up. Works great for creating that rosy pout if youre cool PPP. If i wear this straight from the tube it looks too sharp and made up but if I use my finger WOW...Soft Lolita lips! this is a similar type of color as Chanel Infrarouge Cool nature.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2004 10:35:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I've been wearing this shade for years & years. The formula is quite smooth & moist, and the color is one of those soft, pretty ones that would look good on everyone: warm reddish brown with a hint of wine. Clinique may not be the trendiest line around, but it has great stuff - probably why it's been around for so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2004 5:28:00 AM More reviews by tomoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually run a mile from reds or tawny lip colour, but as I had been experimenting with corals lately, I guess getting into tawny reds was the next logical step. I purchased Dubonnet mainly because of the name (!) but was surprised to find it a lovely, semi sheer tawny orange red that looks really nice against my very pale (yellow undertone) skin and dark brown/copper hair. Very flattering. I apply Chapstick first then dab Dubonnet onto the top and bottom middle of my lips and blend gently, for a fuller soft look.