April 20, 2014 | 1000 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - NEW! Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lannnaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair has had it's fair share of damage over the years, and it certainly doesn't help that I have naturally thin hair as is. Every single shampoo I've tried has caused major hair loss in the shower and afterwards when combing it out, I kid you not. I've always been skeptical of Lush shampoo bars because they simply just looked weird -- how do I wash my hair with a bar of soap? To my surprise, this lathered AMAZINGLY and didn't leave my hair feeling rubbery as expected. I experienced little to no hair loss when using this product. The only con I can think of is that it leaves your hair feeling slightly dry if you don't use a moisturizing conditioner. I usually only lather the top of my head with the bar and not the midshaft or ends because of the slight drying effect. The product doesn't come with a container, so you can either buy one of Lush's small tins or just use a small tupperware container like I do. My hair is very picky about which products it likes and this is one of them! Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by blairxbianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This worked great for awhile like all of lush's shampoo products, but after a good 3 months of using this shampoo bar my scalp developed horrible dandruff and I was noticing more hair loss in the shower. My skin is mildly sensitive, so if you have very sensitive skin I would stay away from this product

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like to use solid shampoos because they don't contain the same amount of chemicals and unnatural substances than other shampoos do. Your hair may feel a bit different, dryer and not as soft after using a solid shampoo but these effects will quickly disappear. That goes for all solid shampoos by the way, not only for the ones manufactured by Lush.

I really enjoyed the natural cinnamon smell of this bar. It is really strong when you are in the shower but it is much more subtle aftwerwards. I really think my hair is getting healthier whilst using this shampoo, which is necessary because I messed it up in all kinds of ways.

I will buy this one again but first I am going to give Godiva and Trichomania a try as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ThatGirlWithOmbreHair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that this product is naked and I love the smell and the fact that the cinnamony fragrance is perfect for Christmas time. This shampoo along with other shampoo bars from lush has allowed me to get away with washing my hair just twice a week. My old naturally greasy hair is in the past , now my hair stays clean and voluminous for days on end. However the trick with these bars (all of them from lush except maybe the two in one bar) is too keep the lather at your roots because other wise your ends are going to need a heck of a conditioning. I also love this as it claims to stimulate hair growths and it just generally clears away the hundreds of coats of product my hair gets between washes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

best invention ever ! lasts months and months. leaves your hair shiny and bouncy. lathers up SO FREAKING WELL.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. First of all, the smell is wonderful--warm and cinnamony. It last a really long time (buy a shampoo bar container) and does a wonderful job getting my hair clean. I definitely need a conditioner after, though.

I keep this in my gym bag because its so compact and weighs so little. Will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have loved and used many of Lush's shampoo bars. They are a staple of mine. This one has a really great scent of cinnamon and clove. All of the shampoo bars - no matter what they say they are for, leave my curly, fine hair - with great no frizz ringlets, soft hair with nice volume. I've gotten so that I just buy the best 2 scents since all the shampoo bars seem to accomplish the same thing. Still I can't live without them and I think they are a bargain since they last so long. I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by butny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is nothing not to be loved about this product. the lovely smell, the great durability, saving the environment. leaves my hair beautiful used with big conditioner. I wanna try the other bars and see if they work as well as this one. best shampoo i've tried. ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by addikted

Update:
Yay! after using mostly this for the past few months, I can say it's the first winter without a flaky, itchy scalp! And my hair has grown so much, several inches. I also get barely any hair falling out in my comb or down the drain. My hair is long and thick, so that's also a first, not dropping hair on the floor when straightening etc. Downside is getting a bit sick of the puck in my shower, it's a bit of a pain keeping it dry yet handy. And it just snapped in half, getting near the last quarter of it. I will say it has lasted pretty well though considering.

Update 2:
So it's been maybe a month of not using this, since I ran out. Well I'm starting to see hair in my comb again & in the drain when I wash my hair..which has grown very long since starting on the New bar - also I'm finding my hair feels blah, like other shampoos are leaving residue. It doesn't dry as evenly either. I think I'm going to have to buy another one of these! Really. Only downsides to this are: messy, and I think it takes colour out of hair faster than a colour saving shampoo. But nothing drastic. Will be repurchasing.

Ok so here is the original review:

First time using the New! Shampoo bar. Well now, what a lovely surprise. After reading the reviews here, good and bad, I decided to give it a shot as my hair has been feeling a bit blah lately from using a shampoo I don't normally use until I can get my usual from salon.

My hair before - today it was a bit dirty, a bit flaky and a bit itchy. The ends felt dry. Brushing or combing my hair usually leads to several strands of hair coming out, no matter how good the condition of it is at the time.

I wet my hair thoroughly, lightly squeezed excess water out and swiped the bar over my hair about 6-7 times, it's a bit long and I wanted to make sure I got enough. Turns out that was plenty. My hair foamed up into lovely feeling sudsy, shampoo feeling bliss. The scent is subtle and smells stronger on the bar than in the hair.

I expected my hair to feel 'too clean', stringy and in need of conditioner. It felt SOFT, smooth and clarified.

I finished with my Keune conditioner and my hair is now lovely and fresh, free of flakes, and feels rejuvenated. I had maybe 5 hairs come out on my wide toothed comb after washing and towel drying, so fewer than usual.

The bar is drying on a little tray at the far end of my bathtub away from the shower stream. I didn't find it stained my tiles/grout like some have said.

Give this a try if your scalp or hair is feeling a bit blah, I think it made my conditioner more effective too.

Took off a lippie for packaging as the bar, while it is sold in a paper packet, it is a pain to store - really need to find a little round soap draining thing.. The tins are fine for once it's totally dry. I made the mistake with their Juniper bar years ago which turned to mush in no time. This felt nicer and I hope lasts longer.

I will keep using this and see if it keeps up the performance over time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Okay so I love and hate this product. I hate the smell, I hate the bar form and I can't stand using it. I was losing my hair and coming close to getting a noticeable bald spot so I bought this because I was willing to try anything. My hair stopped falling out and new hair grew back so it works and I would buy it again in a second if I needed to. I used it with Lush's Retread conditioner. The combination did make my hair soft and not dry but somewhat frizzy. If you are having issues with hair loss/fall pick this up. Would repurchase.