LUSH Solid Shampoo

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 7/20/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love LUSH! Although I am a noob (have honey I wash my hair & Brazilliant for shampoos w jungle & the big conditioner as conditioners that's my collection oh & tins for all! Coz I'm retentive like that). These pucks are amazing! I was a little surprised go see them shrink as much as they did from a few washing but I will get more coz I love how they make my hair feel. One wash w a Lush shampoo bar cleans my hair better than what I was doing 5x washing w a cheap DS shampoo. My hair feels stronger & seems to air dry faster. These smell amazing! They live in their little tins but upside down in my shower to keep from sticking. Would make an awesome gift (make sure u buy a tin w it) for any world traveler I'm so done with my DS shampoos I will use a clarifying one maybe one a month. With Lush I can get away w washing my hair twice a week. And no longer is shampooing a long involved process of drudgery! Yay! I'm sold!!

on 7/16/2015 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a review for the shampoo bars in general. I was snobby at first, Ive always used salon brand shampoo and I would never give a second thought about using a solid shampoo from Lush. I thought they wouldn't work, or mess my hair up, I thought it was kind of hippie like or just usable for camping(which if I did go camping, I would sleep in a cabin or an RV! Not traditional camping like being completely in nature). I gave the shampoo bars a chance and Im very impressed, very happy with these.

My hair profile: Very long(almost hip length), straight, thick(lots of hair and thick in diameter), lightly colored, oily roots, ends have the most damage, daily usage of heat tools(blow drier&curling iron)

So far I have tried Godiva, Ultimate Shine, Seanik, Montablano, and Karma Komba. I actually like all of them! If I had to pick one, it would be Montablano because I feel like it gives me a lot of shine, brightens, it cleans thoroughly, it smells fresh, my hair has some volume and it's still in healthy condition(it does everything pretty well). Going on smell ALONE, I would choose Godiva because it smells like jasmine and Im crazy about jasmine scented anything. It's also the most moisturizing of the bunch.

What they ALL do is thoroughly clean my hair. clean my roots, getting rid of all the junk, build up, greasiness, dirt, etc, they are all decent clarifying shampoos. They all smell fantastic in their own way. They all give a sort of shine to my hair. None of them damage my hair or leave my hair in knots and they all leave my hair(roots/scalp specifically) in normal condition. They are so cheap considering they last a long time(many washes&months just be sure to let it dry or not siting in water) and they are extremely portable friendly.

These shampoo bars all work for me. I am a type of person that likes to have the shampoo clean&clarify my hair(that's what shampoo is for) without damaging or over drying or leaving my hair in knots and then to have the conditioner/mask/treatment do all the heavy moisturizing&repairing. The shampoo bars achieve all of that. I do NOT recommend these shampoo bars to people who need extra moisture, lots of moisturizing in the shampooing step and or people that need a light&gentle cleansing shampoo. I'm guessing this would be women with thick, coarse, curly/wavy hair. All I can say for fine/thin hair is that my mother has fine thinning hair(she has balding spots and self conscious of it), she loves cinnamon so I gifted her with the NEW shampoo bar. She was skeptical as well but she ending up loving it and her hair! Im not saying her bald spots grew back but her hair that she does have looks better and she's happier with it. This is a women that only uses Matrix Biolage shampoo and she set that aside afterwards.

Very long review for a small looking hockey puck! Overall I love these, I use these, there are many different kinds, they do work, I think the shampoo bars is a genius idea and for most people including myself, could possibly replace regular liquid shampoo(although I do love LUSH's Cynthia Stout Beer shampoo too!). I recommend these!

on 7/1/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I notice New helps a lot with hair loss since the first day I used it, so I was very happy with my purchase already. I don't need to use much of this product and for sure don't need to use it twice like people say you should do with normal shampoos. I tried wash my hair twice with this and it got so clean and dry it got oily in the next day trying to compensate for the lack of natural oil, now I just use a little bit and my hair looks great. I do feel like it drys my hair a little bit, it doesn't make much difference in my scalp, but I make sure to use a great amount of moisturizing conditioner in my ends and the problem is solved. I travel a lot, so for me the product being solid and not occupying space in my luggage is a huge plus. Will definitely buy a solid shampoo again, but I think I will try a more moisturizing one the next time.

on 5/30/2015 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I got the new Brazilian shampoo bar. It smells really good and lathers well. Its also much easier to store than a bulky bottle of shampoo. I can't say it made my hair more healthy tough.

on 1/22/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I haven't brought anything from lush for quiet a while, I am a subscriber of Michele1218 and in one of her recent video, she mention the 'New' solid shampoo and how great it was.
I was near a Lush store the following day and decided to purchase this. Lets start by saying this is the most I've ever spent on shampoo, I usually don't spend a lot on Shampoo, Conditioner or Body Wash.
In the last year I have experience quiet a lot of hair fall out, colleagues at work are complaining because they have to clean after me, my work place is covered in my hair.
The 'NEW' shampoo stinks! I hate the scent, it's not exactly Herbal Essence. It smells of All Spice powder in your hair, good thing is the smell doesn't linger and it does go away as soon as you walk out of the shower.
This stuff lathers up really well and you don't need a lot to get it going. I do feel that this cleans my hair so well that it feels like it's almost too abrasive for my hair....if you know what I mean.... I would NEVER use this shampoo without conditioning my hair afterwards. I feel after I was my hair with this shampoo, my hair seems to take in my conditioner better.
I notice ever since I started using this shampoo my hair feel a lot more clean, NO fall out which was really interesting, my hair feels softer and it feels and looks like it got more life to it. I feel the shampoo itself done a fantastic job at cleaning my hair and preparing it for my conditioner, I feel the results I got was because my conditioner got to work better because my hair is a lot cleaner thanks to this shampoo.
I must say I love this shampoo, luckily I brought 2 bars when I was at Lush cause I'm not oftenly near there.

on 11/8/2014 3:24:00 PM

These things are a life saver. As a frequent traveler (especially when living out of a backpack), the lush solid shampoos are just awesome. First of all they're tiny compared to a bottle of shampoo. If space is an issue, then look no further because these are the size of a hockey puck, but can last for almost 3 months (shampooing every other day or so). And that's pretty impressive as I have really long hair and usually go through a normal sized bottle of shampoo in under 2 months. They lather really well, which is something I was worried about because I like my shampoo to lather nice a rich. New smells nice but I don't find the smell stays in my hair, but I've never had the smell of a shampoo last as the conditioner always comes out stronger. As New is such a bold colour, I found that it did leave some colour behind in the shower (or wherever I put it to dry) but it never stained so I wasn't bothered. As for the actual cleansing powers, I find this to be pretty on par with what I expect a shampoo to do. It's not like it's changed my life with how my hair looks or feels or anything, but I've never found a shampoo that has done much in that aspect for me. It gets my hair nice and clean, doesn't leave it any dryer than normal, and I'm totally happy with that. Of course the only thing that sucks with this is storage!!! It turns to mush if you leave it be in the shower or if it doesn't dry properly. I can be a real pain sometimes if I forget to properly put it away. While traveling, I would leave it out somewhere to dry then put it into a soap container. This worked fine but is a bit more effort than just closing the cap of a regular shampoo bottle. But even after considering this, I still love these and will keep purchasing, especially for travel.

I thought I should add, my hair type is quite pretty normal, not super dry, maybe a bit on the oily side when I skip shampoo for the day, and it dries almost completely straight. My friend on the other hand, has very curly hair. She also tried this shampoo and really like it, so goes to show that it'll work with more than one hair type.

on 10/25/2014 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

This is a re-purchase for me, it leaves my curls bouncy and clumped, which I love. The smell is amazing too! It does leaves a pinkish stain sometimes in my tub, and will not dry properly if not stored correctly. Other than that, I love this little bar. I'd like to try a few other LUSH bars, but this one works so well, I'm afraid to try something else! I wish the scent lingered, it's that good.

on 7/2/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So i LOVE the jumping juniper (purple one with lavender smell) and thought this one gives my curls more glow and smells delicious. But it made my scalp shed like crazy and itches horrible. I don't know what I do wrong since it has an average rating from 80%.

I have frizzy hair and suffer from horomonal hair lost. (I'm 16) It totally helps with the hair lost and I can feel my hair being softer now (still a kinda frizzy though) My hair is noticebly healthier now. Its easy to apply too (despite popular belief) I like its smell but once applied on hair and washed off you can't smell it anymore.(it smells like spices) (the bubble it produces are pink!) I actually favour solid shampoos over liquid ones now thanks to this. Will definitely buy it again!

on 3/7/2014 9:42:00 PM

My hair has had it's fair share of damage over the years, and it certainly doesn't help that I have naturally thin hair as is. Every single shampoo I've tried has caused major hair loss in the shower and afterwards when combing it out, I kid you not. I've always been skeptical of Lush shampoo bars because they simply just looked weird -- how do I wash my hair with a bar of soap? To my surprise, this lathered AMAZINGLY and didn't leave my hair feeling rubbery as expected. I experienced little to no hair loss when using this product. The only con I can think of is that it leaves your hair feeling slightly dry if you don't use a moisturizing conditioner. I usually only lather the top of my head with the bar and not the midshaft or ends because of the slight drying effect. The product doesn't come with a container, so you can either buy one of Lush's small tins or just use a small tupperware container like I do. My hair is very picky about which products it likes and this is one of them! Love it.

Top Rated LUSH Products