September 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Skincare - Face - Christian Dior - iOd Aqua Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2006 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with nearly everything every other reviewer has said--a pretty decent mattifier bought because it looked cool. It's a little messy to pour into your hand, but I like how as soon as you brush it over your skin, it turns to liquid then becomes a matte layer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 12:51:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

I agree with the majority of other reviewers about this being a bit of a novelty product yet quite messy to use. Once you have managed to apply it to your face, it works quite nicely and kept me shine-free all day. However, I wouldn't bother repurchasing this as I prefer using Jurlique Silk Dust on my t-zone which keeps it just as matte but it's less expensive and a lot easier to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sjbrodwall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, it's certainly an interesting concept, which was why I bought the stuff in the first place. It does a decent job of mattifying, and it feels very nice going on, but the packaging is very hard to deal with. How do you put a powder on your t-zone when it comes out of a little hole in a bottle? When I try squeezing it out on my fingers and applying it, I get either a teeny amount that's not enough to do the job, or way too much and it flies everywhere. Also, it's very expensive. So, unless they start repackaging this stuff in a more sensible manner, I cannot recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 9:46:00 PM More reviews by g00sie

I was using Shiseido "The Matifying Veil" b4 I gave this product a try ... I decided to give this a try because of the nice concept of this Aqua Powder ... haha ... I kinda like the feeling of this Powder-turn-Liquid when you apply it on to your skin .... and it seems to control oil on my t-zone area quite well (even better than the Shiseido that I was using b4)... but I find this to be quite EXPENSIVE .... because you need to use a lot of this Powder for it to fully cover your t-zone area ....

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2004 7:43:00 PM More reviews by DressMeInPink

I love the concept of this product. Its soo amazing and fun to see the powder turn to liquid as it touches your face. However, its a pain to apply cuz you first put it on your hands to apply to your face, it dries up much too fast. Therefore you end up shaking the bottle over you face/tzone where you need it. Most of the time, too much or too little come out. It keeps your face matte alright, but only for a VERY short period of time. I will not be purchasing this again even tho its such a fun product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

This mattifys and that only. Yes, nothing else but it does do a good job of it. I love the concept: it is a powder in the beginning but as soon as it touches skin, it turns into a liquid. It does do a good job of keeping my t-zone matte for 2 1/2 hours maximum, which isn't bad. It's also very cheap at around $35 since you don't need a lot of product. One thing does bother me: the smell! It's a bit too strong to my nose. Overall, not bad and it should get a 3.5 but I'll be generous and give it a 4 out of 5. The performance does not convince me enough to buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 1:02:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So as neat as I find this stuff, I have to say I won't be buying it again. First off, it's really expensive for the amount you get. Second, the container makes it really hard to use. I don't usually have issues with containers, but this one is really annoying. It has a tiny little hole, and you use it almost like a squeeze bottle to puff a little bit of the powder out. So I get a little pile of powder in the receiving hand, and since the stuff sort of liquifies as you touch it, I always ended up using the entire pile on one spot on my face, since I couldn't spread it. That said, I love the way it sort of "melts" and the mild hydrating/cooling effect it has when first put on. Also, it mattifies my oily skin where most silicone-based mattifiers actually turn me into super greaseball girl, and doesn't seem to leave any sort of nasty residue. I have since found however (fortunately, 'cuz the stuff is just too expensive) that washing with a non-stripping cleanser in the first place is far more effective for controlling shine than putting on any sort of mattifier. I also don't have to use as many products on my skin that way, yay! If you have a Sephora near you, some of them carry this powder, so I'd suggest trying a dab on your face in the store, 'cuz it is kinda fun.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2003 7:52:00 PM More reviews by babyvoice75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has a pretty interesting concept in which powder instantly turns to liquid when there's contact with you face, but as a mattifier, it really didn't work that well. It has a weird smell to it (like sweat or something like that), but it's a fun little product that could be fun to use in hot weather.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2003 10:22:00 PM More reviews by cyberleeze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get this! It seemed like a pretty good concept, a powder that turns liquid when it hits the skin. But a far as it job as a mattifier....uh...no. Aside from the weird smell, it left my face (and my fingers) sticky and tacky. I don't know if it absorbed any oil, because my face still looked shiny and the feel of it on my skin was so disturbing that I immediately put some MAC Blot powder over it to take away the tackiness. I would'nt buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 11:06:00 PM More reviews by casperdiesel93

I bought this powder as I was told it would help to minimise my large pores. Did not do anything at all, in fact pores probably look bigger. I think this product is expensive and a waste of money. I do not recomend.