November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mario Badescu - Healing Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I know this has been discontinued, but I think Mario Badescu should be ashamed. I was a faithful user of Healing Cream for 15+ years, having suffered from acne and oiliness very heavily in my teens and early 20s. Oddly enough, this product was the only this that kept by oiliness and breakouts at bay. I found myself, over time, almost becoming addicted. Had to make sure I had a few jars of this and never run out, because any time I wouldn't use this, my face just felt funny, itchy. I knew something was up when I suddenly couldn't find this anywhere and MB was dodging my questions as to why and when it would be available. Like other women on this site, I suffered from massive steroid withdrawl symptoms. Itchy, blotchy, even rash and patch like symptoms, and hives. Classic steroid withdrawal symptoms. I am now under the care of a dermatologist, and getting off of this is like weaning off of any other toxic substance. It is difficult. I will NEVER purchase anything again from Mario Badescu. And I was a faithful client ordering at least half a dozen times a year for over a decade. Shameful. This company should be shut down.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by SuziL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just want to say, I used this product for years to control breakouts on my face, often in the same areas where I was plucking/tweezing (sorry if this is too much information). I thought it was a Holy Grail product and every time I stopped using it, my skin would become a mess, and I would immediately go back to it and it would look better. Then I ran out completely, and couldn't find it anywhere. My skin quickly became a disaster -- a red bumpy, itchy, miserable rash all over. No wonder. It turns out the product contained undisclosed corticosteriods (there is currently a class-action suit). What I thought were breakouts the cream was controlling, were actually classic rebound reactions from stopping the steriods. Any time I used less, more breakouts. And guess what? Steriods on the face cause hair growth, among other problems. So the very same plucked areas I was treating with the Healing Cream were having new growth stimulated by the "natural" cream. I promise I will NEVER, EVER buy or use another Mario Badescu product again.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by NJchick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The reason you can no longer find this product is because the S. Korean FDA found undisclosed corticosteroids in it and MB was forced to pull the product. Horrible, unethical MB had been getting all of it's consumers' skins addicted to topical corticosteroids and THIS is why you all think it worked so amazingly well. It contained potent steroids which should NEVER be used on the face and most consumers used this product as well as the Control Cream for many, many years. If you are one of those consumers, you are now learning what stopping long-term topical corticosteroid use does to your skin and are experiencing, as one famous researcher put it, 'a living hell'. Be sure to thank Mario Badescu for ruining your skin! Get to a dermatologist and explain this situation and be sure to file a report with the FDA as soon as possible. We who have been injured do not plan to go away quietly so also contact me at rustirestaino@gmail.com. You are not alone! Also check out a one star review I'd posted for Control Cream back in April. You will see the many comments from fellow users of MB Control Cream and Healing Cream.

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Arvuitton

Does anybody know where to get this product at the moment!?

I can't seem to find anywhere online that still has it in stock /:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by aaswi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know the big problem with this is spreading it. To make it easier and not have globs of it on the face I spray a bit of rose water before application for easier distribution and rose water is a nice toner as well.

This helps things heal, plain and simple.Helps my redness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cream, and I hope it won't be discontinued or reformulated, as it's been out of stock on MB website for a while now, and I only found one place to buy it online.

I suffer from adult hormonal acne, so I got this a few months ago, together with the Buffering Lotion. I like both, they work really well together (first I like to apply the lotion, let it dry, then glob the Healing Cream on top). On not-so-angry cysts I use it alone, and it totally works to take away most of the redness and calm them down.
    It is not a miracle worker, it doesn't make pimples disappear overnight, but it greatly reduces the time they stay on my face, and makes them hurt less.

I love the medicinal scent (I know, I'm weird), and the jar doesn't bother me, I just find that it is difficult to pick up product from the sides, and also that a tiny bit of product gets dry because of the contact with the air. You gotta make sure you pick up the product and then screw the lid back up right away.

I have tried using this cream all over my face, but it didn't do anything, just wasted product, so I'm just using it for spot treating. It's very comforting to me, I always feel better knowing I have it around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Lapiz

I bought this product a few months ago based on the reviews, but I didn't really find much use with it. It didn't really improve acne scars nor did it prevent active breakouts from becoming worse. So there it sat on my counter until a threading accident where Neosporin just wasn't working. Little slivers of skin had been torn on my face during threading and I could see where the thin top layer of skin had been peeled off. I grabbed a Q-tip and applied this cream overnight and a thin layer the next day under moisturizer. It got rid of the redness and really helped calm the irritation. And by that night? It was healed. I kid you not, my skin was completely healed. No scabs, no dry skin. I have never been as impressed with a product's healing efficiency until this cream.

So while it may not really help my acne, I will always count on it for skin injuries and definitely purchase again to have on hand. Though with the size of this product and how little I needed for my skin, I think I'll have this jar with me for a while! Worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by niurka86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Best Product Ever!!!!! healed my red inflamed skin overnight....been using it for about a year and i can't live without it!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:40:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the past 3 days, something has cleared up horrible acne and old acne scars on my jawline enormously. It's either this, the MB AHA moisturiser or Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser. I'm pretty sure it's this.

I've been using it at night on the affected area (on top of the AHA moisturiser), and each morning the angry redness has faded a bit more, and I have no new spots. It's amazing. I'm never going to have 'nice' skin, but to have skin smooth enough, and scars faded enough to be able to cover them with makeup is my holy grail. Something's working :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's been a while since I've taken the time to review a product, but I just have to join the choir with this one.

Backstory; about two months ago, I switched birth control, and my skin went crazy. I got deep, painful cysts and big, painful whiteheads all over my hairline, temples and around my mouth/cheek area. I have kept to a very simple and effective routine for years, which has always worked for me - my skin is an annoying combination of very dry (lacking both fat and moisture), very sensitive and breakoutprone, so it takes a delicate balance.
    But my skin went from clear to anything but, and I just didn't know what to do. I tried what I already had - a combination of chemical peels from MUAC, homemade coldpressed organic oil blends by night and Embryolisse by day. This would usually work very fast on anything, but it only mildly softened it. I would apply foundation first thing in the morning, something I've never done before, and even with foundation on I looked an awful mess.

Enter Mario Badescu Healing Cream. I have seen the brand before on BeautyBay and sites like it, but I always thought it was an expensive hype-brand, so I never bothered to try it. After reading the reviews on the site and on this forum, I thought "why not?" and got it.
    I put it on at night two days ago, and when I woke up, I litterally giggled, screamed and jumped in the air - my face looked almost normal, the breakouts looked tiny and un-scabby, the redness in all of my face was practically gone. I applied it again last night, and this morning; same thing. There is almost nothing left, and my skin looks so calm and healthy.

I really thought people were overexaggerating, but apparently not. I'm going to keep on using at night for the next 3 days, by then my face should be better than normal, and then I'll take a break.
    Based on the other reviews, I think you have to be careful not to overuse it - otherwise it might lose potency on your skin or/and make your skin dependant on it.
    The colour is a greenish yellow, and I think it smells like an odd brand of candy (BonBon) from Denmark, which is weird, but nothing unbearable. The texture is, as others have pointed out, like a moistureless moisturizer - it's very weird, and feels almost dry when you put it on, but it doesn't look dry and it moisturizes very well.
    I usually have problems with sensitivity, but I only got a very slight tingle from this one (unlike the Dermalogica Toner, which burns like a freaking acid).

Another thing I noticed; I've always mixed my own mineral foundation from smaller brands, because regular colours look strange on me, and I came to the conclusion that my foundation needed to be paler and more golden/yellow than my face to actually look natural. Well, when I woke up this morning, my face was the precise same shade as my foundation - my foundation might even be a little darker. So it turns out that my skin really does look like that; it is just always pink and flushed due to who knows what. I have no idea how it does it, but the Healing Cream has been a miracle worker for me, and I didn't even expect it to be. Holy Grail, big time!

Edit: So apparently, Mario Badescu is an unethical douche, who doesn't feel the need to tell customers what they are putting on their faces. Luckily for me, I have never used this reguarly, but only when my skin is acting totally crazy. So I have only used this the way you would any over-the-counter steroid cream, and I will probably continue to use it this way. But I will be extremely cautious of overuse - never more than 4 days in a row, always with sun protection, and only ever other month, so it doesn't wreak havoc on my skin.