Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Firming Eye Creme

3.0

A little of this product really goes a long way I have found. Its pretty unsuitable for my skin type since I don't have fine lines nevermind deep crevices around my eyes. But nevertheless, I wanted to test it on the basis of it being a very emollient protective eye cream. Its absolutely beautiful and hydrates quite well. Its super concentrated so you don't need to use a lot of this product to get a great result.

on 8/2/2004 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to preface all my eye cream reviews with the fact that i try each one regularly for about a month and have never noticed a reduction in the amount of lines or dark cirles. I have found a few that depuff (MAC Fast Response)but no under eye cream really delivers what it promises.
With that said, this is a nice eye cream. This product is supposed to "- immediate brightening to instantly and significantly reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- immediate soothing of puffiness with rare Eyebright Flower Extract.
- immediate lift and hydration to smooth out the look of crepiness."
I do notice a little lightening around the eye area due to the "Highly selective optic technology singles out the one corrective pigment common to dark circles in all skin tones. The effect? The darkness and shadows are dramatically brightened. Plus, the same micronized South Sea Pearls that are in the face creme also leave the entire eye area looking absolutely radiant." It is not dramatic but i do notice it to lighten a little. I do not notice any of the firming or depuffing. This comes in a jar, which i dislike cause finger nail issues. It is ridiculously overpriced at $100 for .5 oz so even though i like it, i would not repurchase. It made a nice moisturizer for under the eye and gave me a nice base for smoooth application of my concealer and caused no milia but the price is insane. If i spend that type of money, i better notice a reduction in my wrinkles!

on 3/24/2004 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I found this product to be somewhat deceiving. It feels pretty good right after you apply it and appears to smooth out the lines. After a few months of using this product, I began to notice that the lines under my eyes were worse than ever! In other words, this product did nothing... zer-O, to help the skin around my eyes. I'm now on a search to find something to repair the damage. To clarify: It's the product in the gold jar.

on 3/15/2004 10:12:00 AM

Oh, I had a cross with this eye cream (this is the one in a golden jar) a couple of months ago. It seemed very rich and emollient, something that could be nice for winter, but it irritated my eyes badly and the skin around my eyes, paradoxicaly, become VERY dry, like a desert. Every morning - catastrophe: dry, dry, dehydrated, irritated skin. Of course, I had to stop using it after a week. I'm giving two lippies not one because I'm sure it could be O.K. for someone with not so sensitive skin around eyes.