July 29, 2014 | 1983 users online

Styling Products - Alterna - Hemp Seed Spray Wax

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

I am conflicted on this product. It does give my fine, limp hair volume but it is really dulling in the process. It makes my hair grab - usually it is so slippery I can't get it to hold any shape. Like other reviewers, the nozzle gets blocked but you can fix that. The scent is nice but too strong for me. I will not buy this again due to the price and also the matte effect it has but if you have fine hair, this really does give it lift. I just can't handle the other aspects of it but someone else might be fine with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by jostoli7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stocked up on this product since it works so well when my hair is shorter. I have fine wavy hair and this thickens and give the cool piece-y look. However, same issues with the sprayer clogging. I just popped off the top and dispense it into my hand by pushing the thing to the side and down. I always sprayed the product into my hand to run through my hair- so the clogged sprayer didn't stop me from using it up. Great product though! Love the feel and look- tames frizzies and gives control and style. A little does go a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by 393939

Love this wax spray! have thick hair and this makes it thicker! I do not have to flat iron or roll my hair just blow dry almost dry the spray and mold or brush. I ove the smell too. Alot of product for the price and I get mine on Ebay so I rated 5 because I do not pay full $!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Alexis72986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells great and give real definition and texture to my hair. It is a bit pricey so I've been using big sexy hair spray way instead which works almost as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by jephphriey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does add amazing definition for any textured style; however, this spraywax pales into comparison to TiGi's HEADBANGER, as its hold wears off quite quickly. On top of things, the can will stop spraying no matter what. As the reviewer a few posts down commented, "no amount of hot water and toothbrush scrubbing" will help. It's hopeless. All together, a good product, but the packaging needs total revamping.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2006 1:54:00 AM More reviews by GraceQ

Not too shabby; I was looking for a spray wax that I could use to finish my hair style and give it a light hold and this works well. I like the light, I guess hemp scent, but I don't think the product holds up all day. Its also quite pricey but the bottle will last me a long long time.
*EDIT* My product dispenser got clogged before I even got to finish half the product! If anyone knows how to solve this, please message me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tried it thanks to the good reviews - gives an interesting, different texture. I rotate it with other products. Great stuff! *Update* Keeps getting clogged - very annoying!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2005 1:33:00 AM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair is finely textured, easy to take and hold a curl, and not especially thick as far as hairs per square inch. I style by scrunching with a blow dryer to encourage wave, finger style only, no brushing. This helps me get a tossled style and maximise body. The spray wax is fabulously compatable with my hair type and styling goals. Sprayed on the roots it adds body, and scrunches believable, SOFT texture that is slighly piece-ey into dried hair. The fragrance is a strong pleasent tropical, primarily coconut, but it is not lingering. It comes in an aerosol can, and the nozzle can sometimes clog, which you rinse under warm water and runs perfectly. The delivery of wax in spay is ideal for fine hair, where a paste wax would go on too heavy, this can be dispersed in an even light spray. The clogging nozzle is the price for great styling, and soft texture, because I can not stand stiff, sticky hair. You can not easily run a comb through this (why would you? it would ruin the point) but you or anyone else can touch your hair and feel hair- not product!! And $17 is peanuts for that. UPDATE: HAD TO DOWNGRADE FROM 5 TO 3. The can has clogged so completely that no amount of hot water or scrubbing with a toothbrush helps, and there's about 1/3 of the product left in the can. I pathetically keep it in my cabinet, hoping some day to reach for it and have it dispense this great product again, but it's not happening!! Not sure if I will repurchase at this price for the amt. I actually get out of the can.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 8:11:00 AM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this stuff. I have lifeless limp hair and this gave me some volume and lift. It smells like candy to me. You cannot use too much, though, it WILL weigh your hair down. So use sparingly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2004 2:41:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

The only Alterna hemp seed product that I've tried that I would repurchase. I have fine, straight, lifeless hair that really benefits from this spray wax. When applied to my roots, this gives my hair lots of lift and volume. The scent is a little too wax-y, but I'll get over it.