July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - In Love Again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love it I reach for it when I'm feeling certain emotions like my forever love is gone but I feel stirrings Similar to Chanel Christalle (which I wear when I feel jealousy) love the botte it's like a heart

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by HarieX

Just to let all my fellow MUAers know, this fragrance is coming back onto counters on the 23rd November as part of a 'Heritage Collection'. I know that for a fact about the UK; however, not too sure on the US. I know it's going to be 80ml for 69

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by anla0154

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of my favorite summer scents! Not too sickly sweet and not too citrusy. I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about notes, but to me it smells of grape and sandalwood. A scent that complements warm summer nights and has great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first YSL fragrance. I have the original release and purchased the re-release as a backup just in case. This is a wonderful light spring to summer fragrance. Beautifully blended. The citrus note reminds me of the fresh citrus tang of the starfruit which I think is unique to fragrances. If you like Cristalle Eau Verte, Chance Eau Fraiche or Fresh's Citron de Vigne you may like this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmmm...i have this fragrance which I bought way back in 1998 on a trip to London.

Im not wild about this scent but it definitely has its moments. Its a limited edition so quite sought after. I certainly wouldn't use it as air freshner as another of the reviewers have said but its not my go-to fragrance either.

Quite woody smelling on some days, sweet smelling on others. Im neither here nor there on this one unfortunately...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In Love Again is that rare fragrance that was released twice, both times in limited editions. It is once again out of production and it is commanding high prices when it can be found.

I've always seen In Love Again as the last "great" classic of the YSL catalogue and as a bridge between the iconics and things like Cinema, Elle, and Parisienne. It's a more sophisticated scent than any of these and it preceded little sister Baby Doll by a year. The segue from In Love Again to Baby Doll is interesting, since the two are quite similar and yet ILA would not have appealed to the Baby Doll market. Where ILA Is sharp, Baby Doll is sweet. The drydowns diverge but the zesty opening grapefruit, abundant in both cases, is the same.

In Love Again, to my nose, features a tomato leaf note that is a perfect companion to the grapefruit. The tomato leaf is precise and as surprisingly perfect as putting one's nose to summer's most enticing fruit. It is perhaps this note that lets the grapefruit swing away from the garlic/sweat spectrum that spoils Guerlain's Pamplelune for me. In Love Again is a fragrance of seasonal imagination and evocation unlike any other. The scent is so wonderfully glazed in a summer greenhouse that a note of unripened peach skin is almost missed.

Not missed is basenote musk and plenty of it. Along with rose, this puts ILA into the same category as MPG Rose Muskissime (a brasher take) and Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau (very similar but fruitier). ILA is the most balanced of the three. A gentle but apparent sandalwood runs as a parallel line to the musk.

The real strength of In Love Again is in how it holds up to summer heat. Once past the opening tomato leaf and grapefruit notes, the rest of the fragrance is as hazy and as aromatically complex as an August afternoon. A true standout that never found a decent market. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by micomico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my everyday scent - i normally hate fruity/summery scents - but this one is different - it's not sickly like a lot of them. And no watermelon - i hate watermelon fruity perfumes! The fragrance is not too overpowering, which makes it lovely for everyday - and is also good for my very sensitive pregnant nose at the moment (I had to throw out a very expensive bottle of Prada because the smell made me sick just sitting on the bathroom shelf)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2008 2:02:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received a sample of this and now, I would love to get FS bottle but apparently, it is really hard as mentioned by other reviewers, this is an LE item. Too bad.

I usually dislike citrusy scents as they are too sharp on me. However, I find myself very comfortable with this. Fresh but not sharp at all. This makes itself stand out from other perfumes because it is not as sweet. I don't like sweet perfumes, which IMO is too girly for me. LOL.

Staying power is not bad as an EDT. It lingers on me for like 8 hours during colder days here in Asia. Much shorter if it's summer...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Totally agree with Magicalmoongoddess in this one. Got bored of it very easily. Nothing remarkable about it. Yet another citrus fruity fragrance. No biggie. I use it as a room freshner now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

This perfume is just nice and right for daytime or even night time. It's really youthful,not fresh, but just so youthful, but this perfume suits people of all ages.And the bottle design is just so cute!!!