September 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Moisturizers - Marcelle - Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Fromdaylight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I have the worst acne prone skin ever, super oily but super sensitive. This is one of the only creams that do not break me out. Idk why people are saying that it's greasy... It's not at all. Super light and gets absorbed really fast, and my complexion always glows in the morning. I feel that the ingredients are less harsh, too. I hope they never discontinue this line, it's really great (wanted to get the gel versiOn next but it was discontinued, boo).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product. It's just moisturizing enough for my dry skin and the gel consistency makes it easy to absorb and not greasy. I notice a nice glow to my skin the next morning when I use it, so I've been using almost every night for awhile now. Other than the brightening effect, I haven't noticed other effects but it doesn't promise other effects anyway. It's a great basic face cream! Avoid using in morning though as vitamin C and E will lead to spots under the sun. Packaging is a nice small jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by xelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this for 2 years now and i've never had a problem with it moisturize my skin perfectly and don't make my skin oily . Its a little bit expensive but it last for like 1 years ! I like it because there's an spf 15 in and i moisturize for 24 hours . I don't really like the packagin because if you don,t wash your hand and your face before they coul be bacteria in it but i always put it after my shower so its okay and this packaging left no waste . I reccomend it and i will buy this product again .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This face moisturizer was a huge disappointment. Everything about it really didn't work for me. The formula was way to thick and made my skin extremely oily and peeled right off my face after a feel hours- it looked terrible. I wasn't impressed by the packaging either, it came in a bulky plastic container and the lid was hard to screw on. I really thought I would enjoy this after all the good things I'd heard about it but I really wasn't at all impressed. I do not recommend this, especially to people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

I got this on sale for super cheap ($5), because I thought…what the heck? Can't go wrong with a $5 moisturizer. I previously used Clinique Moisture Surge and I love the "gel" consistency. This is also a gel-like consistency, but heavier than that of Clinique's MS.
It feels very "rich" and kind of thick going on, but it sinks in IMMEDIATELY and leaves absolutely no residue or oily skin or anything. My skin feels very comfortable and hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and after a month of use, I have not noticed any breakouts or rashes or problems. Overall, it's a great moisturizer and I will re-purchase, even at regular price (which is still very reasonable, $24).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by unconventionalbeauty

I really enjoyed using this product on my skin because it left it soft with a glowing shine... not a shine that I found greasy. The product was not out of this world or anything with an amazing texture but it was okay.. Although I do have to say that the price is outrageous an I do not like the packaging because it is glass and hard to travel with. I don't mind that it is in a pot because I mean who puts on moisturizer without clean hands?

I would not buy this product again because I am looking for a more natural moisturizer because it is much better for your skin to have a natural moisturizer because your skin is the biggest organ in your body.. ya da ya da ya da

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this cream after I came home from buying the Dior Hydralife Sorbet Creme, I felt a little sick thinking about the price (first time, I think :P) and decided to go to Walmart and return the Dior. I came across this cream and decided that for $13.99 it is worth a try. This cream is absolute love. It moisturizes well, leave a glow and doesn't look shiny at all. My t-zone is particularly prone to getting oily and this moisturizer keeps everything in balance. It serves as a great base for my makeup and another plus is that it sinks in fast. I have noticed my complexion is brighter but I have been using a Vitamin C serum on and off while using this cream too so I'm not sure if it's from the cream alone. As well, I have experiences no irritation or breakouts and my skin is very reactive. I will definitely continue to explore this line!!

Btw this review is for the Hydra-C 24H Moisturizing Gel-cream Dry Skin. I think they are changing the packaging and this is what it says on mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Claddagh13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this moisterizer as a recommendation from a friend that suffers from acne roseacia. I'd been using Clinique Dramatically Different Moisterizer for almost 10 years and picked this one up for convenience.

What a mistake. It's fine generally, however caused ugly uncomfortable rash on my eyelids near my brows.

I have pretty awsome skin especially for my age, never had any real problems. Usually use basic skin care regimen. I will definately NOT be purchasing this product again.

I do understand though what works for some does not necessarily works for others. Like I said my friend loves this stuff and she's always had problem skin, this stuff is one of the only moisterizers she's been able to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by nivea646

I have been using this cream for over a year.
The reason I stick to this one is because I have a really sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have tried even natural products but they make my skin too oily, leading to acne. So, I don't want to experiment with my skin any more and I am happy sticking to this one. I find it a bit expensive, I guess $22 CAD. But its hypo allergenic and gel-bases, so its worth.
One thing I would like to mention is that IT IS GREASY. Most people say its not, but trust me It is. I can never wear it while going out, or under my make-up. What I do is I apply it at night ( although it tells you to wear it in the morning). If my skin is feeling dry during the day, I apply it for a while and then rinse it before I go out. It does its job meanwhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ashtrayxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin, with both a bit of acne on my chin and cheeks and super dry patches on my forehead and around my nose. This product seems to make my skin feel soothed anywhere I apply it. Other moisturizers left a gross film on my skin, but this one doesn't. You also don't need to apply too much to feel it working. I never stuck by a face moisturizer before I bought this.

Marcelle doesn't test on animals and this is really important to me when buying cosmetics.