Cartier So Pretty - Rose Verte

3.9

on 1/6/2013 7:54:00 AM

I bought this one some 13 years ago. I think I gave it away soon after. It smelles very sexy and glamourous, but in an old-fashioned way, that did not fit me back then, when I was in the mid-twenties. Not long ago I bought the new apple-perfume from DKNY, Golden Delicious, and immediately it reminded me of So pretty. The same warmth and elegance, though the apple perfume is lighter somehow.
So pretty is very ladylike, the smell is round, warm and over in the white-powdery area...

on 11/17/2008 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a very floral feminine fragrance - soft and not too strong. At first when I sampled this in the store, I had to have it. It reminded me of Madamme Rochas which is one of my old time favorites. Thought I had found something new. While this fragrance is very nice it is nothing entirely special. More of a classic fragrance and nothing for someone looking for a fresh new scent.

Negative point is staying power. For the price of this fragrance it does not last very long - barely makes it to lunchtime and I must say at about 4 pm it does tend to smell a bit old. Packaging is very pretty and it looks great on the dressing table so I will not swap.

I will stick to Madamme Rochas.

Update - Since writing this review about 2 years ago, I believe either my taste has changed or my increased knowledge of parfumerie has made me more appreciative of a wider variety of scents. I am really loving this fragrance and will get a back up bottle as I believe it is discontinued.

on 8/4/2008 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This perfume is, as the name says it, Pretty, I find it a light fragance and really nice and fresh. My mother used to have this perfume and I really liked it but I donīt know if I would buy it, as I find that perfume, even the lightest one, smells terribly strong and metalic-y on me.

on 7/1/2006 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Cartier So Pretty strikes me as halfway between Chanel 22 and White Linen --
a rose-iris scent, possibly has some violet and moss in there too. Old
fashioned.

on 1/25/2006 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very heavy like older generations of fragrances. It was good idea in the store but now realize it was idea. Smells like something old ladies would like. TOO HEAVY..

on 11/13/2005 4:56:00 AM

I'm wearing this tonite and even though I put it on almost 12 hours ago the effect is mesmorizing. It lasts forever. It's so feminine and I got a compliment on it tonite. My friend said I smell very nice. It's light and classy smell. I didn't know what it was until I read a review here tonite and realized it's definitely roses. Those tea roses that smell very nice too. I just love this fragrance and I recomend it to anyone who is looking for something sophisticated to wear especially on a date or some romantic occasion it carries that vibe with you .

on 11/9/2005 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

There was a review here that stayed with me: "love this for the tension it creates between appealing (rose) and unavailable (secret notes you cannot quite name)." Delicate rose water, soft and femme, with faintest metallic hinting at, as mentioned, something unavailable. This is a sweetly conservative scent, innocent but knowing, the type to wear to family brunch, morning church, or a coy first date. One spray is all, it lasts with good sillage; three sprays (as I tried once) ruins the innocent effect.. more of a dampened, musty rose. Still in stock at strawberrynet.

on 9/14/2005 9:50:00 AM

I received So Pretty as a gift. Right before I was about to leave for a party, I sprayed some on liberally right upon opening the box. My date scrunched his nose immediately and subconsciously moved away. The evening was awful as I actually felt the fragrance coat my sinuses. By the time I got home several hours later, the fragrance morphed into rotting roses. My mother compared it to the underwear of an old woman. I think this is actually my least favorite fragrance of all time, good for a laugh, but only once.

on 2/28/2005 8:41:00 PM

This is the BEST, BEST of them all! The name says it all! I could sing 'i feel pretty' whenever i have this on. Everyone loves this smell when i have it on...especially men! Unfortunately, they are discontinuing, so I bought another big bottle! I'm on a hunt for another one! It also stays on you for a long time. You can become so sweaty but this perfume still will come out! It's true! at least for me.

on 12/30/2004 4:21:00 AM

So Pretty was the fragrance I wore for my wedding and honeymoon. I hadn't worn it previously so every time I smell it now, I am transported back to that day! Utterly feminine and quite unlike any other perfume I have worn. I only wear it on special occasions...

Popular Fragrances