Maybelline Forever Metallics - Pink Zinc

3.9

on 10/22/2006 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, I have to say that I've strayed away from the baby-pink lips look. I remember buying this about 2 years ago for a semi-formal. It IS a pretty color...it's pink with some gold shimmer to it. The gold complemented my skintone very well =). But what I hated about it is that it was really drying even though I put chapstick underneath it. It was also a little too frosty for my taste. I ended up giving this to one of my friends. I will not buy again.

on 10/11/2006 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice girly pink color for girls :-) I'm NC20, Thai with black hair and eyes. This lipstick makes me look younger ~~ and feel very very girlish. I apply it on my Stila Jane Lipstick and my lips are so pretty :-) Not good for pigmented lips tho.

on 9/20/2006 3:41:00 PM

10 Pink Zinc is a very pretty light frosty pink with beautiful gold shimmer. It is so drying though that the only way I can wear it is to apply a good coat of my clear LipFusion Color Shine underneath. For more information, see my review on Maybelline’s Forever Metallics Lipstick. Will not repurchase.

on 2/1/2006 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

this is really pretty, pink with gold shimmer tones, very metallic, very pretty, its a bit drying, but hey it stays on, its a great buy, nice color, and it lasts! no awful smell like the wetshine lipsticks~ great value for money, a tube lasts a long time

on 6/15/2005 12:40:00 PM

Wouldn't repurchase again only b/c I have the m/u attention span of a gnat and get tired of lippies really, really quickly. But this is pretty nice. Comes in a shiny, metallic purple tube (a little Barbie-ish, IMO). The color is a lot like a lipstick/non-glossy version of Nymphette--very pale peachy-pink with tons of fine golden shimmer. Not a metallic finish, just frosty. Formula is a bit drying, so I'd wear lipbalm underneath. Looks very pretty topped with a clear or pinkish gloss. Might wash out the very fair, but looks nice if you have a bit of a tan/warmer tones. Too much might look too tacky, but rub lightly a little on for a pretty, girly shimmer. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The colour of this lipstick is full and gorgeous, and really warms up the face - a great summer colour. The packaging is very nice to look at though at times the cap would come loose and slip off. I found this lipstick to dry my lips out quite quickly; though my lips are always on the dry side to begin with.

on 7/26/2004 5:52:00 PM

This was one of the first Forever Metallics I bought and I fell in love with this pretty pink color. It is very light pink with a very pretty shiny effect. I got a couple other colors and this one is in a tie with Fool's Gold as being my favorite. Would recommend.

on 5/28/2004 9:31:00 PM

Have to agree with all the other reviewers, this is GORGEOUS!!! By the way, these are my new HG lipsticks. The texture is smooth and feels marvelous on my lips no matter how dry they may be, colors are all beautiful and the staying power is great. This color sort of reminds me of my fave CG shade, Rose Quartz, they are very similar metallic pinks. Maybelline has hit the jackpot with this one yet again!!!!!

on 5/11/2004 1:20:00 AM

Beautiful colour, a light-medium pink with a gold undertone. Pink-with-gold-undertone lip colour goes really well with my complexion, and it's extremely hard to find some that doesn't cost $20. I finally found one, and it lasts for about 7 hours (eating twice) before i had to re-apply! i had a $2 off coupon, so it didn't even cost 4 bucks!

on 5/9/2004 3:19:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Pink Zinc is almost like Urban Decay's X eye shadow, but in lipstick form. It's a light pink color, heavy on the golden shimmer. Although I wouldn't quite call it metallic, it's very shimmery. The texture is satiny, albeit a bit drying. It's a gorgeous color that brightens up my PPP complexion. continued >>

Popular Lipsticks