September 23, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Plump Your Pucker lip plumper

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice opaque formula that tingles a little but honestly it's not better than any other cheap drugstore plumpers...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I only recently discovered TheBalm products and am in total love with this brand. I have yet to be disappointed with this line. I still think the whole lip plumping gloss thing is a gimmick. I've never found one that truly plumped but I do love the minty tingle most have and until now Buxom glosses by BE were my favorite. These have a smoother, less stick feel then Buxom and I'm in total love with the minty very, very slight tingle. It's more of a cooling effect then a tingle. Hard to explain but I do love these.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by benny143

Plumping? That is a JOKE! Save your $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First things first: As a lip plumping gloss this does absolutely nothing. Nothing. Niente. Nada. As a simple gloss, however, this is a winner for me. I have this in "Cocoa my coconut" and I love its scent (chocolate, really!!) & colour. It leaves such a subtle wash of colour, it's very natural, not glittery at all, it's just the most perfect nude. This morning I left all of my MAC glosses at home and only took this with me. I'm absolutely in love with this and I will totally buy again. I only give it three lippies, though, because this is supposed to be a lip plumper, afterall. And it doesn't deliver. But if you're not expecting too much and only want a perfect nude gloss with a delicious scent, then go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by pianoscuba

I have been using this lip gloss for years in a variety of colors. My favorites include passion my grapefruit and coca my cola (i don't have them on me at this moment, so the names of the colors might be slightly different, but I think I got it right). They used to have a color called bubble my gum, which i still think is their best ever created. It was a sheer pink, and if you see it anywhere, definetely buy it. The closest to that that they produce now is probably passion my grapefruit, which is also very lovely. Coca my Cola is slightly darker with more red tones then either of the two previously stated, and is better for more elegant, formal looks.

As far as plumping, I love the tingling sensation that these lipglosses offer. You can really tell that it is working! I have never looking too much into plumping my lips, for they are already pretty full, but i have heard from others that it does the job for those looking for a little more pucker.

This is definetely a good buy, and I would highly suggest it to anyone looking for a new constant in their makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by missspell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried 'Passion My Fruit' and that's when I fell in love. It's such a gorgeous color - a shimmery cool hued lavender/berry/pink. The scent is slightly fruity but not overwhelming. It lasts a decent while and looks great alone or over lipstick. I haven't noticed any plumping but my lips are already plumped-up because of Lip Fusion (which works miracles for me!). This color is for cooler shades.
My next pick was 'Strawberry My Shortcake', a strawberry-scented, less shimmery but very pretty bright-but-not-too-bright highly pigmented blood red gloss. That color is better on top of a similarly colored red lipstick, liner or stain because by itself it has no staying power - not sure why that particular color does that. Maybe too thick or too thin enough to cover evenly? This color looks very neutral.
'Crush My Grapes' was my next selection. A grape scented sheer grape/plum color with a slight shimmer It's MLBB for me and goes well with many different makeup and clothing colors. Gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Berry My Treasure, which is a soft berry pink but goes on almost completely sheer. I like the menthol-and-berry scent quite a bit, and the gloss is fairly moisturizing and not at all sticky. On the other hand it's a tiny bit greasy and I doubt it plumps at all. I'm on the fence about repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by miaskies

I GOT BERRY MY TREASURE, AT FIRST TRY, IT SMELLS GOOD, HAS A NICE TONE, BUT DOES HARDLY NOTHING TO PLUMP OR MOISTURIZE AND IS OVERPRICED.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2007 7:00:00 PM More reviews by memepunk

I tried this a few years ago in "Pepper My Mint." The active ingredient for short-term plumping is menthol, and it had no effect on my lips, not even a tingle. The long-term ingredient is palmitoyl oligopeptide, which might have, only I didn't use it long enough to find out. The balm sat on my lips without ever feeling as if it penetrated. Eventually, it would slide off to the edges of my lips, requiring both clean-up with a tissue and reapplication to the part of my lips where I wanted it to stay. Good thing it wasn't tinted, or it would have looked a lot messier! After a few days, my lips began to feel dry and chapped, so I stopped using it, and the problem immediately went away. The concentration of menthol must have been just enough to irritate without causing the desired "plumping" effect. It might work for someone whose lips respond in the desired way to the active ingredients, and for those folks, it's a bargain, as lip plumper prices go. Not for me, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

Although I dont really consider this to be in the lip plumper category as lip venom and such, its still a really nice lipgloss. If you're expecting anything major in the way of plumping dont bother - but as a nice clear lipgloss with a touch of a minty tingle its really nice. I would definitely buy it again just because its a great container and the tingle makes it just a bit different than other glosses.