August 21, 2014 | 2114 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Blonde Venus

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by redcherry32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally found my favorite nude this is it blonde venus on my nc45 skin is just very natural looking a little caramel nude with just a hint of peach and to be a little hint of red its beautiful I love this lipstick I espcailly love it on days when I don't want to look so made up. It's a keeper please nars never stop making blonde venus.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Noirablue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One more rave for Blonde Venus. Perfect neutral, peachy nude color. Exquisite texture, creamy, fairly long-lasting. Smooth application which leads to gorgeous lips w/o screaming: "Look at my lipstick!" For a very pale, cool skinned blonde (though by no means a "Venus"), this is a terrific everyday lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It fascinates me to see this described as a "nude" or a "peachy" color -- because on me it's apricot! In other words, a golden orange, not a pink/peach one.

I bought this to wear under the Velvet Gloss lip pencil in Hopi, to give Hopi something to stick to, and BV is the closest match among Nars lipsticks. I'm not crazy about BV without gloss over it -- the Satin formula is still more matte than I like -- but the color alone is flattering on my lightly pigmented, warm-toned lips.

For reference, I'm about NC10-15, Becca Sand, Px Ecru. In Nars foundations, I'd mix Siberia and Gobi to get the right pale, warm color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dandamilmar

I am inlove!!! This is the perfect nude for my skin complexion.. I love that it has a peachy beige color and it does not wash me off and does not look like a cheap nude like some MAC lipsticks do... Packaging is okay, not too fancy but still the color is amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This l/s arrived today from my Sephora order. I got Honolulu Honey as well. I think this and Honolulu Honey are very very similar. BV is probably a shade darker, a bit warmer than HH. I still consider this a nude lip color (reminds me of the lip colors Angelina Jolie would wear). Great paired with smokey or neutral brown eyes and pink cheeks. I'm glad this worked out for me considering that I've never tried it in-store. Definitely a great color I will always have. =) (For reference, NC40-42 , Asian skintone)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I agree with juicy69. I'm an NC45 and I love Blonde Venus. I too found Honolulu Honey a bit light for me. I prefer Blonde Venus even to my MAC Ravishing lipstick although they're both about in the same color family of Corals. Blonde Venus is like a lovely, easy summery color when you want to put a lipstick on that's effortless and also seems to go along with all the sunshine outside, if it gets sunny where ever you are! LOL

I must also add the last time I bought a Nars lipstick it was Manhattan, which was beautiful and neutral but it had the most horrible metallic plastic-y taste, so I'm glad to see that Nars finally did something to rectify that bitter, disgusting situation. Because I bought the Blonde Venus fairly recently and wouldn't you know it? I could actually live with it, and even eat with it without wanting to wash it off!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by juicy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw many tutorials on YouTube for WOC for Nars Honolulu Honey and wanted to buy that but it was just too pale for me. I tried Blonde Venus and feel in love. Mind you that I must wear gloss, clear or tinted, because the lipstick alone needs a little shine to make it wearable for me. On me the color is peachy nude and is a perfect match. I can wear a lip liner or not. Now the price was a bit steep but I do love the look on me. I can't beleive there aren't more reviews from WOC for this lip color.I am MAC NW45/50.

Update: Just found another beautiful HG lip combo for Blonde Venus. I applied Revlon Life's a Peach over it. It gives a pinky peachy iridescent look. Very Pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so fabulous :) Probably my favorite lipstick ever because it's natural enough for a simple daytime look but also looks great paired with smoky eyes for nighttime. It's basically a very neutral pale peachy brown that goes on so as to add just the slightest amount of color. It also moisturizes very well and adds a slight shine. I'd say it looks even better with a pale brown lip liner, but I'm a lip liner fanatic so I'd say that about anything :) Definitely a must-have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Like most Nars lipsticks, I find it more drying than other brands. This is a creme formula and has decent staying power, though nothing lasts through eating for me.

The color is a very pale peachy beige with no shimmer. My favorite way to wear it is with a neutral pencil and a sheer pink gloss for a sophisticated look that is not overpowering with a fully made up eye. It works well with Chanel Rose Bronze blush. I am a yellow based PPP with copper hair and this combo is a current favorite of mine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I wasn't expecting to like this lipstick as much as I do. Blonde Venus is a peachy beige and it's perfect for perking up my naturally rosy-mauve lips. Very pigmented, smooth and creamy, although I think mine is close to turning bad so it smells funky like old crayons.

Compared to Napoli, Napoli is sheerer and has more pink in it. I no longer have Honolulu Honey but my recollection is Blonde Venus is more pigmented and darker than HH. Blonde Venus is a neutral color to me, but I could see this turning up too muddy fair skintones.