December 22, 2014 | 1802 users online

Masks - Rodan and Fields - Proactiv.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by gonecoastal22

I"ve used Proactiv since I was 14 (now 27) and it kept my skin flawless until a couple of years ago. I switched birth control pills and all of a sudden my skin was a mess with small red bumps all over it and it was itchy. I thought that it had ran it's course (not even thinking it was the BC and stopped using all BP products. Ever since then my face was no longer flawless no matter what I tried. I used Clinique Acne Solutions for about 6 months and it kept it looking decent but nothing like Proactiv. One day my face decided it no longer wanted SA on it either. Out of pure hope I tried Proactiv again and also switched back to my BC I was using the entire time I was on Proactiv and of course after three days of only using the cleanser because I think my face has became more sensitive - I am ALMOST flawless again. I will never leave you again I'm sorry :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I saw this on tv when I was a teen and begged my parents to get a set for me . It was years back and I recalled it was expensive . However this changed my skin . The only product that worked for me was the cream . The rest were useless . I had red bumps , and whiteheads and clogged pores . This reduced the red bumps in days . The best part was that I could continue the treatment as it was not too harsh and irritating on the skin . I tried other 2.5 percent bp products , but this worked best . This did not help for clogged pores or whiteheads though .

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Jshaath

We had bought this for my sister since she was breaking out really bad. I, at the time, DIDINT have much acne. I used this with her hoping it will get rid of some of my small acne/ prevent forming new ones. I woke oh the next day with so much new acne and I just kept getting more and more and more acne. It was terrible, ever since then I've been breaking out. Worst product ever. Do not try this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Chanel777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this twice in the past. the first time i didnt use it regularly. I bought it again and really stuck to it. I saw no difference in my acne. This made my skin, however, really really dry. Benzole peroxide is terrible on my skin, Since proactiv im still on the search for a cure without accutane. I have tried tetracycline aswell as hundreds of topical products and Proactiv was just another letdown.

The only thing i do suggest from the proactiv line is the refining mask. I use this on new zits i find when i wipe off my makeup at the end of the day and i leave it on while i sleep. It doesnt get rid of them but it tones down the bump slightly so its easier to hide with makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by tinastillitano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am 23 years old and have had acne since I was a teenager. I have used countless doctor prescribed creams/lotions and antibiotics which all worked well for the first while but then proved too irritating or simply became less effective over time. I finally gave proactiv a shot. For the first 8-9 months it worked amazingly. My skin was very clear, and improvements were seen within the first week of use.
However, over time I really took notice of how horrible my skin was actually becoming. DRY! DRY! DRY!...no matter how much moisturizer I used, my skin was was always extremely red, irritated, and flakey. I worried that if I continued to use proactiv I would age 10 years in a matter of months. Furthermore, it seems as if my skin started developing resistance because I started to breakout again and my skin was no longer as clear as it was during the first several months of using the regimen. I am now using zenmed, hoping to see results or give birth control pills a shot. I advise against using proactiv unless ur skin can truly handle how harsh and damaging it can be over time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I wanted this to be the product to get rid of my acne once in for all. I tried this product back in 2009, and it did nothing to my acne, and I felt so disappointing. They advertised all these people with severe acne and moderate acne and magically after a few months of using Proactiv there acne was cleared, I had moderate/mild acne and did nothing. A few years later in 2013 I tried it again because they said the ingredients were different and stronger, and yet again it did nothing. So disappointing with this product, will never try again. Waste of money and it didn't even help control my acne. They make all these promises and it does not work they need to do more research on this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Yeezytaughtme

proactiv worked for my teenage acne. it work for 2 years, my skin was clear. then suddenly my skin started to breakout (the worst it has ever broken out) and proactiv stopped working. i have noticed other long time proactiv users say the same thing, this product stops working after a while. not to mention the harsh benzoyl peroxide-based lotion thats applied to the skin every night causes wrinkles and premature aging. overall, i wouldnt recommend this product. if u really want to get rid of acne you need dermatologist prescribed antibiotics, all these topical applications dont really work and are a temporary solution

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by enza27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy grail. My skin looks amazing when I use it. Tried everything prior. High end to low end even dermatologists prescriptions. This works the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I purchased the original 3 step package with the dark spot corrector (free gift). It worked well for me! The dark spot corrector was my favorite. Since I could remember I've always had a "blotchy" look to my skin and I covered it up with heavy foundations... After using proactiv, my skin looked more even and the blemishes I had around my cheekbone diminished after a week. I used it until my face completely cleared then stopped and started with my old skin routine. Luckily, the dark spots never returned! MAC studio fix is a thing of the past! Yay

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:19:00 AM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this stuff is the best! It's not cheap so I don't use it regularly but when I do it's a treat. I swear this stuff is incredible! When I'm going out and I want my makeup to look absolutely flawless - like on a magazine flawless - I use this. I put a thin layer all over my face, leave it on for about 10 minutes, wash my face as normal and do my makeup, it will last for hours and hours without having to touch up once! I get home after hours of being out and still my makeup looks as good as it did when I left. A-MAZING! Cannot live without it...definitely recommend!