Rodan and Fields Proactiv.

2.9

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have had super high hopes for this product since I was young and only had one or two spots on my face. I remember begging my mother for Proactiv several times. Fast forward to February, I started using the old formula for about 3 weeks, until my skin was burning. I had experienced this before with the AcneFree line, and since I was almost out and was using a friend's extra kit, I gave her the rest of the product since it was working for her. I never really noticed a change in my acne then, but figured 3 weeks was too soon to tell. Fast forward to the last week of April, I see the new Proactiv + line everywhere on TV and online with great reviews and promising descriptions. If you're considering this product, check out their rating and reviews. There's hundreds. This product showed no improvement with my acne, but I FELT like it was doing something. The idea of the system and the things I had read seemed too good to be true, but I couldn't help but be hopeful. I was hopeful up until the point where I got burns on my face that made it EXTREMELY painful to apply anything to my face, even an all-natural moisturiser or a soap-free cleansing bar. Especially sunscreen, and let's not even talk about makeup. I had a thick layer of aquaphor on my face at all times, and the skin was raw until it became tight and cracked, like when I have gotten sun poisoning on my body twice before. I couldn't lay on it comfortably. I've heard of others with this experience. My skin is very fair. I am acne prone and have sensitive skin, but it's pretty tough and can handle a lot. Nowhere near ultra-sensitive. 2 weeks for healing. If this stuff can easily ruin all my towels, sheets, pillowcases, and clothes, I don't want it on my face.

on 11/12/2014 7:29:00 PM

I"ve used Proactiv since I was 14 (now 27) and it kept my skin flawless until a couple of years ago. I switched birth control pills and all of a sudden my skin was a mess with small red bumps all over it and it was itchy. I thought that it had ran it's course (not even thinking it was the BC and stopped using all BP products. Ever since then my face was no longer flawless no matter what I tried. I used Clinique Acne Solutions for about 6 months and it kept it looking decent but nothing like Proactiv. One day my face decided it no longer wanted SA on it either. Out of pure hope I tried Proactiv again and also switched back to my BC I was using the entire time I was on Proactiv and of course after three days of only using the cleanser because I think my face has became more sensitive - I am ALMOST flawless again. I will never leave you again I'm sorry :)

on 7/16/2014 11:17:00 AM

I saw this on tv when I was a teen and begged my parents to get a set for me . It was years back and I recalled it was expensive . However this changed my skin . The only product that worked for me was the cream . The rest were useless . I had red bumps , and whiteheads and clogged pores . This reduced the red bumps in days . The best part was that I could continue the treatment as it was not too harsh and irritating on the skin . I tried other 2.5 percent bp products , but this worked best . This did not help for clogged pores or whiteheads though .

on 6/19/2014 1:50:00 PM

We had bought this for my sister since she was breaking out really bad. I, at the time, DIDINT have much acne. I used this with her hoping it will get rid of some of my small acne/ prevent forming new ones. I woke oh the next day with so much new acne and I just kept getting more and more and more acne. It was terrible, ever since then I've been breaking out. Worst product ever. Do not try this.

on 5/18/2014 2:32:00 PM

I have bought this twice in the past. the first time i didnt use it regularly. I bought it again and really stuck to it. I saw no difference in my acne. This made my skin, however, really really dry. Benzole peroxide is terrible on my skin, Since proactiv im still on the search for a cure without accutane. I have tried tetracycline aswell as hundreds of topical products and Proactiv was just another letdown.

The only thing i do suggest from the proactiv line is the refining mask. I use this on new zits i find when i wipe off my makeup at the end of the day and i leave it on while i sleep. It doesnt get rid of them but it tones down the bump slightly so its easier to hide with makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am 23 years old and have had acne since I was a teenager. I have used countless doctor prescribed creams/lotions and antibiotics which all worked well for the first while but then proved too irritating or simply became less effective over time. I finally gave proactiv a shot. For the first 8-9 months it worked amazingly. My skin was very clear, and improvements were seen within the first week of use.
However, over time I really took notice of how horrible my skin was actually becoming. DRY! DRY! DRY!...no matter how much moisturizer I used, my skin was was always extremely red, irritated, and flakey. I worried that if I continued to use proactiv I would age 10 years in a matter of months. Furthermore, it seems as if my skin started developing resistance because I started to breakout again and my skin was no longer as clear as it was during the first several months of using the regimen. I am now using zenmed, hoping to see results or give birth control pills a shot. I advise against using proactiv unless ur skin can truly handle how harsh and damaging it can be over time.

I wanted this to be the product to get rid of my acne once in for all. I tried this product back in 2009, and it did nothing to my acne, and I felt so disappointing. They advertised all these people with severe acne and moderate acne and magically after a few months of using Proactiv there acne was cleared, I had moderate/mild acne and did nothing. A few years later in 2013 I tried it again because they said the ingredients were different and stronger, and yet again it did nothing. So disappointing with this product, will never try again. Waste of money and it didn't even help control my acne. They make all these promises and it does not work they need to do more research on this product.

proactiv worked for my teenage acne. it work for 2 years, my skin was clear. then suddenly my skin started to breakout (the worst it has ever broken out) and proactiv stopped working. i have noticed other long time proactiv users say the same thing, this product stops working after a while. not to mention the harsh benzoyl peroxide-based lotion thats applied to the skin every night causes wrinkles and premature aging. overall, i wouldnt recommend this product. if u really want to get rid of acne you need dermatologist prescribed antibiotics, all these topical applications dont really work and are a temporary solution

on 2/5/2014 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail. My skin looks amazing when I use it. Tried everything prior. High end to low end even dermatologists prescriptions. This works the best.

on 1/30/2014 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the original 3 step package with the dark spot corrector (free gift). It worked well for me! The dark spot corrector was my favorite. Since I could remember I've always had a "blotchy" look to my skin and I covered it up with heavy foundations... After using proactiv, my skin looked more even and the blemishes I had around my cheekbone diminished after a week. I used it until my face completely cleared then stopped and started with my old skin routine. Luckily, the dark spots never returned! MAC studio fix is a thing of the past! Yay

Popular Masks