October 25, 2014 | 1689 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Bamboo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by mellymel11

This is my go to transition shade to put in my crease. I normally go for brown neutral looks. This shadow is blendable and very pigmented and suits my complexion better the Soft Brown. I don't hear much praise about it on YouTube. I purchased it on a whim, while looking for shadows to fill my 15 pan. Will repurchase when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

So far, I'm really liking this eyeshadow. I find it to be a very good crease color/blending color. It's also good for a touch of warmth. It's similar to "Kid" in my opinion, just not pink toned. (so if you liked Kid, as it's discontinued, maybe try Bamboo instead) It's very smooth, pigmented enough for what it is (blending) and seems like it would compliment most skin tones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every woman NEEDS a matte eyeshadow that is literally the exact color of their skin tone. This allows a perfect base for a neutral eye and helps makes other layers of eyeshadows blend so much easier. I am fair/ medium skin tone and bamboo is the PERFECT shadow for that skin tone. It has a slight peachy hue to it so it warms up any look. It blends like a dream on its own, works like magic as a transition shade, and is soooo smooth and soft. I would absolutely die if I ever lost this!! A must have for fair skinned women!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is sooooo nice! It's a light warm brown matte shade. I use this to blend colors in my crease or use it as a crease color too. It's so versatile and the color payoff is great. If you're trying to build a matte neutral palette for those warm/neutral face looks, this SHOULD BE in your palette hands down. I have backups just in case MAC decides to discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by meghab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went into Mac looking to create a soft yet sculpted eye look - essentially to look like a naked eye but better. I love neutrals on my eyes because I have blue eyes and especially for my work that is a little on the conservative side.

Talking to one of the girls, we discussed my options, and we decided to lean toward the warmer tones with a hint a peach. We easily came up with a neutral all overall shade that was my skintone but just a touch creamier. The girl at Mac suggested soft brown for my crease, which was really pretty, but with just soft brown on an almost naked lid, the colour was a little too orange for my extremely fair skin. We then cam up with bamboo, and I have to say I'm absolutely in love with it!

Bamboo is the perfect peachy beige colour that is great to softly contour my crease for a barely there eye look, works great as a base shadow, and for blending. It's got enough pigmentation to have impact, but blendable enough to create a subtle look. Bamboo is definitely going to become part of my permanent collection.

Bamboo seems to be a bit of an unsung hero in the realm of Mac eye shadows; however, for those of you with extremely fair skin, it's a great option for a warm eye without running too orange or red. I use the word peachy beige to describe the colour because it's just a little softer than your typical brown shadow, but don't get me wrong it still has impact.

My current "naked eye but better" is made up of
- Mac paint pot in painterly as primer (soft ochre runs warmer, but I currently prefer the slightly more neutral tones of painterly. I'm likely to change my mind next time though)
- Mac Orb all over the lid from lashline to brow (creates perfect base)
- Mac Bamboo run softly through the crease and blended down into outer third of the lid
- Mac Fluidline in Dipdown extremely close to the lashline with a micro wing effect
- Mac Sketch softly smudged over liner for days that I want some extra oomph

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! Bamboo has already leapfrogged to the top of my repurchase MAC core colors list and I've only owned it 3 days. Lest you think I'm jumping the gun, I should add I've been searching for a neutral my-lids-but-better shade for a while now. I usually stick to nudes, beiges or creams, such as Blanc Type, etc; but I have wanted the addition of a contrasting color that flattered yet did not close in my smallish deep set eyes. I have worn Bamboo non-stop since its purchase and will definitely be acquiring a pro pan for a 4 quad palette in the future. I find it mates well with other shades (specifically, Wedge, another favorite) and goes easily from daytime to evening with the outer "vee" smoked a bit with complimentary colors. I paired it with an emerald mineralized shadow (as liner) on first wear, loved it and can't wait to try other combos. I also love it with my go-to every day black liner. Very sophisticated feeling and not at all over the top. For me, this matte pick is perfect with my eye color and most likely will be a firm staple in my makeup wardrobe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

for a LONG time i've been in the market for a light peachy blush. I got MAC's "Peaches" blush, but it looked like a darker orange on me, not peach at all. still a pretty color that i did keep, but just not what i was after. it seems that all of the peach blushes i try all turn with pink or orange on me :(

i had a MAC MSFN i needed to exchange, so i went to MAC and just browsed and swatched the crap out of their blushes and eyeshadows. i found a few that were really pretty and looked peach in the shade, but as soon as i looked at them in the sunlight they were straight up pink. *sigh*

enter Bamboo.

i'm round-about NC15, more neutral than warm. and used as a blush this shows up as PEACH!!!! i'm so thrilled! i'm surprised no one else has mentioned using this as a blush, actually. the pan is almost too small to get MU blush brush in there, but it IS an eyeshadow, so i cant complain about that. i usualy use 2 layers of this. the 1st layer shows up subtly and gives a nice glow that doesnt scream "BLUSH!", and a 2nd layer will give a more blush-ed look, but still isnt OTT. if i wanted i could apply a 3rd layer and get something even brighter.

this color is matte, and blends very well. i usually apply my foundation, setting powder, contour, then this, and then my highlight, and it all blends together nicely.

i can see my self for sure re-buying this again and again in the future :)

UPDATE: i found an even better peach blush, L'Oreal True Match Precious Peach, but I still like this one! the PP is lighter, and this is a bit darker and SLIGHTLY more pink in tone. now i prefer to use this as a light wash just above my crease area and below the under brow highlight area, and it really warms up my face. i'd still re-buy this in a heartbeat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ally36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had no luck with this. I really wanted to like this because I like matte neutral eyeshadows, but when I applied Bamboo, even with a primer, it looked like I never put any eyeshadow on at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by MeMe16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really want to like this color, but it does not show up on me at all. I am a NC 45 and when applied to my lids it looks as though I have nothing there.
I was looking for the perfect lid color to match my skin tone and thought bamboo would give me the result i was looking for, but completely failed. I found that Samoa silk gave me the effect i was going for. =/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really nice nude/beige with slight peach undertones that is pigmented and has a smooth buttery texture. I find Bamboo to be quite versatile as I can use it as a lid colour, in the crease, or as a blending out shade. I like that the peach undertone adds warmth and dimension.