April 24, 2014 | 1546 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cle de Peau - Refining Corrector for Lines

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Alyne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a line corrector, I find that it fails. It's supposed to defuse light to draw attention away from the shadows that your lines cast but I think it just leaves a whitish sheen on my face that's a bit greasy looking and sticky. I use it as an eye shadow primer and it's great for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

I was ordering a replacement for the transclucent corrector for pores when the SA recommended this.
It is a thick, whitish primer you use under makeup for any fine lines, ect.
I use the transclucent corrector on my t-zone, then this around my eyes.
As another reviewer mentioned, you need to let it sit for a minute or two , then apply your makeup. Makes you look more refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by ciscocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Like others, I tried this product before and had mixed results. I think part of the problem was that I was using a sunscreen that was kind of greasy. Now that I've changed my skincare routine, I've started using this again in the area between my brows, under my eyes and around my mouth and it does fill in the fine lines quite nicely. It is a white concealor, but it's thin enough (and I'm pale enough) so that it's not obvious. After I let it set, I apply Cdp's satin foundation, but only in the areas it's needed and set it with loose powder. I was using CDp's primer, but have skipped that step for now and find that just this concealor and satin makeup is enough to give my skin the polish I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

A sticky whitish cream in a tube, you apply this over primer and under foundation to conceal undereye lines. Results are impressive, but it does leave a trace of whitish cast, and you have to be very careful not to shift it if you apply foundation on top. This was my favourite line corrector until Trish McEvoy's displaced it, and although it's more expensive than the Trish, you get more product for the money, so it's a better bargain (if anything from Clé de Peau can be called a bargain that is).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Dbeech

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does a great job in temporarily tightening the area around the eyes making lines less apparent. A new winner from CDP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2004 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a little tricky to apply to achieve good results. I used it several times initially with not so good results (my makeup looked cakey where I had applied the product). This was almost going into my product dungeon (the dud items that don't work for me). Then I mentioned to the MA at Sak's how disappointed I was with the product. The MA gave me some additional tips on how best to use it. First, you want to put your moisterizer and sunscreens on your face. The product, of course, works best with CdP skincare underneath. Then gently apply a small amount(lightly spreading and patting) on areas of your face where there are lines (smile lines, crows feet). Let absorb/set for one minute or so (this is where I goofed before). Then apply your makeup as usual. When applying makeup where you have applied the line corrector lightly pat (also important) so the products adhere and stay in place. Overall result, lines are less apparent and makeup looks flawless longer. Definitely an extra step in a morning routine and very pricey. About $45 or so USD.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 4:58:00 AM More reviews by JCCM328

Another new product from CdP - it is a translucent hydrating concealer that fills wrinkles and fine lines in the eye area. It is a tube form packaging and the cream is very light - to be used after primer. I find that the product is easy to apply on and it does keep my eye area hydrated all through out the day. I use the computer all day at work and with make-up as well, I find that it is very drying but having used this, I find that my eyes are not as tight and the fine lines around do not appear as deep. It can be used as an extra to eye cream. This product keeps my eye area hydrated. I love it!