September 30, 2014 | 1261 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Odyssey

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

As a new Avon Rep I thought I should try out some of their old school frags. Odyssey is not for me. Some reviews stated this smelled fresh and clean. To me this smells sharp and of weird chemicals. I will hold on to this and try in winter but if cool weather doesn't help I will throw in garbage. Smells very dated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by B4theymkmerun

Cheesy bottle. If I could describe this fragrance in three words they would be fresh, clean, and classy . Great everyday inoffensive fragrance perfect for work or play.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance smells a lot like dove soap to me with a yellow floral note to it as well. It is not something I would wear often. I don't dislike it, but I do not like it all that much either. It's pretty strong as far as potency. The bottle is quite ugly and dated looking but that is kind of fun IMO. Luckily, it was a steal at 6.99!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very fresh and clean fragrance on me. Slightly spicy, but smells oh so good! And my husband loves it too, which is a big plus!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by mmarrs

Not a good scent I guess they got the Odd part right I cant believe I used to wear this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't think I liked this, but was trying to be a trooper and wear it occasionally anyway. Then I noticed people areound were saying, "Something smells really fresh and clean." I didn't know if they meant like floor cleaner or what. Then whoever they'd be talking too would say, "I know, it smells really nice. I don't know who's fragrance it is, but I like it." And it was ALWAYS when I was wearing Odyssey...so apparently Odyssey likes me...and I've grown to like it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A powdery floral scent that just isn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FUGLY bottle. But the scent is so unique, unusual, and intriguing! I wanna like it, I wanna hate it, that I'm in the middle of the road, wondering............As I keep taking sniffs. It is a rare scent. I don't believe I've smelled this scent on too many women, but it is a nice floral. And it's feminine. I find it to be a soapy/powdery clean musky scent that is a bit strong, so I'd go lightly with this(you don't want to use it as an all-over body spray!). And I don't get "old lady". I mean, enough of that already! GEESH! I mean, it is a "mature" scent, but it's not only for the geriatric crowd! On the right person, of ANY age, I think this would be a lovely feminine scent! No fruity candy stuff here! And THANK GAWD! This is sure to stand out and make a subtle statement. Which is classy! UPDATE:Thought I'd mention that this kinda reminds me a bit of Rare Pearls, but NOT as strong! So, if you want something similar to that, I'd say this is kinda close.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have loved this soft, powdery fragrance since it first came out in 1981. I'm not a fragrance snob. I like what smells nice and if it happens to be inexpensive, bonus! Odyssey is soft and feminine and stays close to the skin. There is no "body odor" note. My husband finds it quite alluring although it isn't what is normally considered sexy. The best description I can give is it smells exactly like my Santa Maria Novella Melograno. Not "scratchy" in the throat like the Melograno cologne, but exactly like the dusting powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

Mr. Mellow's review inspired a long-overdue test-drive of this, my mother's favorite fragrance. After she died, I kept a mini of this to remember her by, in spite of my less-than-pleasant memories of the fragrance itself. She used to douse herself in this before church, and I recall the scent of it filling our little Chevy Citation: hairsprayish white floral/musk with a bit of a pong to it, like a whiff of body odor. Never understood why she loved it so much, though I noticed that it seemed to make her more confident. My scent impressions may have been tainted by the strong smell of her hairspray. That pong, though--I think this scent clashed with her chemistry. Perhaps it works better on someone with drier, cooler skin? (I strongly suggest to anyone thinking of wearing this in public: ask someone honest to smell it on you first.) Never wore this myself until today. On me, at least to my own nose, it smells cleaner, smoother, surprisingly subtle. I was surprised to read Mr. Mellow's list of the base notes, but yes, I smell leather, vetiver, cedar. Those base notes, combined with the lilies, remind me a bit of Anais Anais, though these base notes are softer and sheerer, and the overall scent impression is subtler and smoother. Whereas AA makes me think of a very young woman, this seems like a scent for a mature woman (though not in a way that evokes um...ageist comments). AA evokes pink leather and white lace to me--Odyssey is a deep blue sky right after sunset, shot through with streaks of amethyst. There's a hint of cool spice (cool spice? yes, cool spice, rather like the anise leaf in Crown Alpine Lily) and a smoothness, a roundness to it, almost like ambergris. Don't be put off by the mimosa and magnolia; this isn't heady at all. Not soapy to my nose, either. The late drydown has a bit of powder. I can't decide if this seems more like a day or evening scent to me. Could be either, I think, provided you're dressed up a bit--this is not a t-shirt and jeans scent. I can't comment on whether it's sexy or not, because I associate it with my mother. Perhaps alluring, at least, on the right woman.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No