September 1, 2014 | 1877 users online

Styling Products - Beyond The Zone - Mad Mud

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by amcmaniac

I bought this product a few months ago, used it once and decided I did not like it. For some reason, I went back to it a couple of weeks ago for another shot at it and now I love it. Its the most flexible, least tacky, least wet looking wax product I've used. And I like that it shampoos out easily. I think it has something to do with what stage of between-haircuts you are in, also. When I first used it, I just had my haircut. Its longer now and I have alot of layers. Usually when my layers are long I tend to look like I got caught in the rain and my hair dried flat. Using this, Im getting lots of compliments daily about how great my hair looks long. This really helps longer hair "behave". I will never be without this stuff. It just goes to show that if you try something once and dont love it right away, come back to it another time and you may get a better result.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 8:13:00 AM More reviews by sh3ll3y

Ok, I am like on my third tub of this. I am a huge fan of Beyond the Zone and as my hair grows longer (started out with the Demented when my hair was short), my fave product changes. From Demented, I went to the Spike It Hair Cement, now I am onto Mad Mud. I have past the shoulders THICK layered hair. I use a curling iron to flip or tuck the ends. I first use Paul Mitchell Super Clean Gel while wet, blow dry and then smooth the Mad Mud through the ends. I finish with scrunching in some Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine spray. Mad Mud helps keep my "curls" in without being sticky. Too much can get greasy so go easy with it. As far as texture, it is a thick cream in a pot that you "melt" on your fingertips before you style.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by beetlegrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff! I think that this is a knock off of Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud which I also love. The packaging, color and texture are very similar and they both have similar effects. I use this to straighten my hair (this is the most effective product I have found in straightening my hair), smooth down those pesky flyaways and to give my hair a piecey look. I think that this is a little more pliable than Alterna Hemp Seed Styling Mud but other than that, the products are very similar. The pina colada smell is nice too. I'm very happy and will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 9:42:00 PM More reviews by catlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was really hoping this was going to be a great product. Looking at the package in the store, I thought it might be like a styling wax or gum, but maybe not as heavy, seeing as it lacked petroleum or wax. It's a thick cream that lacks any sort of thing I would say is fiber. It weighed my hair down and it smells entirely too much of coconut. I can deal with coconut elsewhere on my body, but right next to my face is just obnoxious. It seems like something that would make a better deep conditioner, honestly, or maybe something to help defrizz or control really curly hair.