October 22, 2014 | 1478 users online

Lip Gloss - Clarins - Colour Quench Lip Balm - 04 Watermelon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EDIT: I just realized I had gotten the #7 shade so this review is for that particular colour.

Clarins Colour Quench lip balm, how I love thee! I bought a few tubes in different colours several years ago before they repackaged them. This #7 shade is the one gloss I used the most. It was my go to gloss for those days when I wanted a 'feminine' look.

They've repackaged it but it's still that beautiful pinky/red that's perfect when paired with a neutral eye look or for those minimal makeup days.
It does have a floral scent which I actually like. There is shimmer but nothing over the top and it makes my lips look full.
I can layer it for more colour and it's relatively long lasting for a gloss. It does have a slightly sticky texture but nothing like MAC's Lipglass.

Love, love, love!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

While I'm not sure why this is called a lip balm when it's clearly a lip gloss with lip balm properties, I really like this product. It goes on smoothly and layers beautifully with a few of my MAC lipsticks. I really like it over Mornage when I want to soften the colour a touch or even over Reel Sexy in which case it smooths out the colour. I will wear this on its own as well as it has a lovely colour payoff and just enough shine without the goopiness and stickiness of some lip-glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't actually know how much this cost because I stole it from my mom. This is the best colored gloss. It's shiny and nice and is so much more pigmented than I expected. I thought it was just going to be like juicy tubes, or everything else I'm familiar with, but it was a nice surprise to realize I could use this all alone without layers of color. I think I will try some more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jumitch

I've been using this lip balm for a couple of years now - I am never without a tube - I carry it everywhere, I even have one that I leave in the car! I love the colour - I'm blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned. I find that the more I apply it the pinker it looks and I really like the more natural look it gives compared to traditional lipsticks. It nourishes my lips and is easy to apply without a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 6:37:00 AM More reviews by frohikesgal

This stuff is addictive! Wonderful texture with a nice scent - my lips miss it on days when I choose something else. It's turned me off JTs for good! The colour is a warm deep pink with gold shimmer - very natural on my pigmented lips. It lasts a decent amount of time (slightly less than JTs but feels soooo much more comfortable) except when eating a meal. Will probably go for a stronger colour next but would definitely repurchase for a MLBB look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 4:55:00 AM More reviews by SnOw_baLLs

This is becoming my favourite tinted balm. I love the scent and the colour. I regret not buying this eariler. It's great for lazy days when I'm lazy to apply too many lip products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2006 9:07:00 PM More reviews by tsukino

I got this lip balm as a gift. I haven't purchased any Clarins products before, but they just might have found a new customer, thanks to my generous friend!

The colour is perfect and rich. My skin is yellowish and this tone suits it well. Compared to my Juicy Tubes gloss, this lip balm feels easy and smooth to apply and doesn't feel like a coat of glue. On the downside: The scent is not as unappealing as it could be - there are worse ones on the market - but I would still prefer an unperfumed lip balm. Still, it made me curious to try some of the other shades in this range.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by thekeek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm going against the flow here, but this is my least favorite lip gloss of anything I've tried recently! I have #04 and I expected it to be pinkóI do not look good in peachy tonesóbut that is what I get for buying from online color samples! I find it quite sticky, so it lasts a long time on, but it dries out my lipsóI did not expect that from something calling itself a "balm." If I apply a lip balm underneath, I can wear it, but with my pale skin and silver hair, it's not flattering! I'm "sticking" with Cargo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by nikua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like the colour quench balms. They are a wonderful lip treatment even if your lips are severly chapped. They double as a lipgloss/liquid lipstick (highly pigmented) combination, so that's another plus. I have three of them and like them a lot, BUT...

I really don't care for the scent. It's sickenly sweet and lingers quite a while.

I noticed that Clarins uses different product names in the US and in Europe (probably Asia, too?), mixing up the names of the product lines, at least I saw reviews refering to a number-name combination I was not familiar with.

This review is for 04, a hot corally-pink. It's called 'Guava' in Europe. This was my first one and was recommended by an sa. I would have gone with 03, but she said I'd need some color so I decided to give it a try.
04 is a shade I'd NEVER EVER tried on my own, but I'm surprised how it really brightens and livens up my face. It doesn't look as "hot-pink" as I had imagined, actually it looks really pretta and amazingly natural although it's really pigmented.
A staple I will repurchase without a doubt. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2005 9:46:00 PM More reviews by chocolacious

I love this gloss/balm. For years, I use a lip blam then apply lip gloss on top of it. When I got Clarins Color Quench I only needed that. It leaves my lips moisturized and gives the subtle gloss that I needed. I like the taste too. The only problem is that it doesn't last very long on the lips and that I have to reapply it frequently during the day and it doesn't have SPF. But it still better than most lip glosses - Color Quench is not sticky at all and the moisturizing effect is a major plus. I got 04 Watermelon which looks great with my yellow-toned complexion!