September 3, 2014 | 1444 users online

Palettes - Lauren Hutton - Good Stuff Face Disc

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by 860Diamond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice product. I have both the Pink disc and the Yellow one. The Pink disc is too light and too pink for me. I would only recommend that shade if you are extremely light skinned with very light eyes and hair. Otherwise, it will make you look like a ghost. I have light brown hair, light somewhat freckly skin and dark blue eyes and the Yellow disc works really good on me. For brushes, I recommend a blush brush, brow brush and eyeliner brush. The lip balm is awesome. Not only can you use it on your lips but you can use it as a brow wax and you can mix it with the eyeliner powder for a more intense look. Word of advice for using the blush as a lipstick. Pat the powder on your lips BEFORE putting on the lip balm. It is neater, uses less product and is more natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dyoung47

Love this Disc, can only find it on ebay at a much more expensive cost to the last time....Can anybody recommend where to purchase please.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazingly, I have not yet reviewed this palette, though I've owned one and have been repurchasing refills for several years. Recently, I got this little treasure out again, and have been enjoying the "paint by numbers" style of application and the resulting very natural look. As I approach my 40th birthday this coming autumn, I LOVE the magnifying mirror in the compact. Thanks, Lauren! Application is a breeze without the use of a separate mirror. The sheer concealer is fabulous for the undereye region, and doesn't settle into fine lines. The spot concealers lend their opacity for creating a flawless yet believable complexion. Lately, I've been setting the concealer with a light touch of Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation, because the coverage is variable and doesn't appear cakey with touch-ups. After I blend the contour powder and blush, I spray a misting of pure rosewater over my entire face. I follow Lauren's guidelines for lining my eyes, though I don't always use the other powders for shading and shadowing unless I'm trying for a more polished look. For work today, I just did the basics, and received several compliments on my healthy glow from within. Nice! When I came home, I deepened the eyeliner and added a touch of shadow to my lids. I touched up with powder, and left for dinner with my son. In town, a stranger stopped to tell me I looked angelic! That was a first...but I credit that compliment to this palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by dustyjil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this disc. So why only a 4 star review? Because I love it, but don't use all the products, and would prefer powder with powder, cream with cream products. I am light/medium with pink undertones. Pink works well, but I can use yellow carefully. My must haves are the Sheer Concealer, Contour Powder, Blush, Brow Powder, and the Liner and Lip gloss are very nice. I do not really use the smaller opaque concealers. I normally use this in conjunction with my normal makeup routine, foundation powder and eyes. When I try to follow Lauren's guidance more carefully, I am always amazed at the transformation. It looks like nothing is showing up when I am applying. When I step back and see my entire face, I always do a double take. I look younger, more rested and healthy, and like I am not wearing makeup! I just enjoy a little more on normal work days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by AJOHN020

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

love this palette. Ive been using this since 2003. I don't use all of the steps, but I do use this pretty much everyday. The blush is my favorite HG. It has the most perfect matte brown eyeshadow that can be worn every day, and the concealers arent bad either. The only thing Im not a fan of is the lip balm. It could be creamier. Best part about this is that they sell refills so you dont have to buy a whole new pallete when I run out of blush/ concealer etc

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by bek7bek

Ok, so this is one of those products I've had for years, and pushed to the back of my drawer and forgot about. I decided I wanted to go for the au naturel look a few weeks ago and brought it out of retirement and I suddenly fell in love all over again. I've ordered a new one with fresh products. I know this marketed to over 40, but I originally bought it for the natural look. Everything is all in one place. I don't need an entire makeup bag when travelling. The only think I don't like about this palette is that the lip balm seems to be too close to the powders. I use the pooch, brow powder and eye liner as eyeshadows. I love the blush color...it looks great on anyone. The contour (I think...the large brown powder pot) works as a bronzer. The main reason I love this palette, other than looking natural, is the concealers! There are several different shades and they work miracles on my eyes and any acne spots I need to hide. I do use my own brushes.

It seems to be slim pickings on the Lauren Hutton website these days. I beleive HSN pulled her line too. Does anyone know if its going to be discontinued? She had a great 10 pot lip palette too, but its been years since I bought it and I couldn't find it anywhere either.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by tereads

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only product I've ever bought on an infomercial. And I feel lucky that I happened to see it: as a former theater professional I knew right away that this product, if the formulations were good would go a long way towards solving all my issues with make up (including, but not limited to, age appropriateness and the effect of NOT looking like you have makeup on).
From the first day I loved it and nothing has changed five years later. It's easy to apply, looks great and best of all, the face disc pots are refillable so there's no need to replace everything when all you need is one or two replacements. The sheer concealer is the first product of its type that I've found that works correctly, blends perfectly into one's skin and needs no reapplying all day. If you watch the video (I recommend this) and follow the instructions and tips you will have a good result. This makeup changed my life!
Over a certain age requires adjustments in makeup and Lauren Hutton has really nailed it.
I use the yellow palette and my only issue has been needing a stronger brow color. This was solved by using Divaderme brows in a bottle.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by cannape

I have had this in Yellow for years. It lasted me forever because I have way too much makeup, so only used it from time to time. I did still love it because whenever I used it, it gave me a subtle, fresh face.

However, I'm a shade darker than most other east Asians (NC35), so Iím kind of in between the Yellow and Olive discs. A few items in the yellow face disc were a little blah on me. The sheer concealer would look ashy around my eyes (though maybe this is because I inherited this from my mom, and it got a bit dried up by the time I was using it). The spot concealers, while they worked very well most of the time, were all lighter than my skin, so if I had a rough patch to cover up, wherever the concealers would bunch up, it would be obvious. The blush was just ok on me. The contour powder never looked dirty, and just gave me some slight slimming even though I'm really bad at contouring. Sadly, it was so subtle, it kind of didn't show up on one side of my face. The nose powder was great-- it made my nose so subtly slimmer, it was kind of spooky. I have no pooch, so I didnít use it for that purpose. It was hard to tell if the brow powder did anything, since it was basically the same color as my skin. Eyeliner barely showed up, but still made my eyes pop-- kind of magic!

I just bought a Natural Face Disc in Olive to see how those colors would suit me. The sheer concealer is probably a much better color for me-- it lightens dark areas without going ashy. However, it doesnít get rid of my undereye shadows completely, so Iím going to try the Yellow sheer concealer to see whether a fresh one would work better. My favorite spot concealer, the Yellow ďAĒ, is gone in the Olive palette, replaced by a brown. The other three concealers are the same as the Yellow disc, just shuffled around. Iím going to get the Yellow ďAĒ in a refill, and replace one of the Olive concealers. The brow powder and eyeliner are darker and pop more. Oh, the blush! It is the perfect cooler color, and makes me look so fresh and young. The pooch & nose and contour powders are darker as well, but since these are the sculpting powders, they now require a more steady hand. I find that I would be able to get much more contouring doneóif I knew what I were doing! As it is, I often toe the line between sculpting and dirtying my face. Maybe practice will help.

Since Iím regularly mistaken as being in my mid-20ís, going darker in the disc works for me. However, if you have more age concerns, you will probably want to go lighter rather than darker in the disc, as thatís probably going to give you a more youthful look.

Very glad you can get refills for this disc, since that means that you can tailor it to suit yourself exactly!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product. If you follow the instructional DVD you can't go wrong. And once you get the hang of it all of the little trick are quick as lightening. For me it's really important not to look like I'm wearing make up at all. I just want to look "ehanced" and the best I can possible look. I cannot say enough good about this product. The only thing is I just can't see how they are making money from this disc, mine has lasted forever. Granted I use a light hand but still I use it every day and it's like I'm never going to have to replace it. One of the best things ever, is that when you travel this can be the only thing you take along for a great look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by prettycool

I am an addict to make-up. Drawers full of the stuff, every color you can think of. But as time goes on I want to look "naturally" pretty.
I am using this face disk (or some part of it) every day. I rarely use the undereye concealer, or any concealer in that area because I find it creases. I love the color selection for the concealers, some of the best shade selection i've used and I have very pale, pinky skin with spots. Most concealers look "white" or "yellow" or "pink" on my skin. I find the texture of these very easy to blend. I love the lipbalm and how it's part of the package. It saves another step because it's right there though I don't use that one to reapply during the day. I love the shadow color, very neutral but gives the eyes a pop. I use my own eyeliner under my eyes though I use the brown color for the lids (wet). I rotate between the blush but if I go away for the weekend I like it enough to not bother taking another one with me. In fact the only other thing I take with me is brushes and eyeliner. This really does have everything you need to make a perfect face.
And it's fast. Once you get it down pat you really can run out of the door in 5 minutes or less. Plus I don't think it looks like your wearing make-up. Hasn't seemed to make me break out yet. Very surprised and pleased at the product...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No