December 20, 2014 | 1239 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Luscious Color Lipstick in Gingerbread

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it! Looks great on brown skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by QueenSharon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gingerbread is a dupe of MAC's Strength lipstick, (I am an NW-45). I would describe the color as a golden bronze. Mary Kay lipsticks are of good quality and long lasting but I personally prefer MAC due to their large selection. Both are about the same price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE this lipstick! The very first word that popped into my head after I applied it was "classy". It is a darker color lipstick than I normally wear but somehow it still looks good. The color is a darker coppery rust. It's shimmery but not obnoxiously so. It makes me look and feel mature and classy. In my opinion the color is most suited to fall and not for very fair skin tones. I honestly don't think I could pull this shade off if I wasn't fairly tanned. I am active in outdoor sports so I am pretty tan for a redhead. I think this lipstick would probably wash out paler people.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

I really like MK lipsticks, so this isn't a bag on MK lipstick but rather the color. I have very pale skin, light brown hair, dark eyes and this color looks horrible on me - totally washed out and pasty looking. I think it's a pretty color, just not for one with my coloring.

If you mix it with other colors it gives a nice little boost, but that's too much work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by keeneye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My absolute FAVORITE lipstick. This color is so rich and beautiful, and stays on for hours. I love the copper undertones in this color. Highly-recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by luckchanger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with the 'Old Lady" comment. I thought the same, however, after trying this lipstick (very pretty), Downtown Brown and Rich Fig - I'm hooked. The Mineral Foundation is the best I've tried. It's the only one that doesn't settle in fine lines or look caked on no matter how many layers you put on. The blushes are the best I've used and the last the entire day. The makeup remover is also the best I've every tried. I was really surprised. The only drawback is the lack of a usable container for their eyeshadows (which are fantastic) and the blushes. I'd pay extra for a good container as opposed to buying a separate one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 3:08:00 AM More reviews by cdiorlipglossgirl

I'm 27. I first got turned on to MK by my co-worker who sold it on the side. I always thought it was old lady makeup :( She gave me a coupon last Mom's Day so I decided to try their lipstick. I saw Gingerbread in person and loved the gold flecks so I chose that. I love this reddish-gold color on my fair skin. I get tons of compliments on it. I love the fact that it has no smell unlike most other lipsticks.

Took off one lippy cuz the formula is kinda drying so make sure you use it with lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by PookyWooky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really am begining to love Mary Kay products. At first I thought that it was "old lady" makeup, but have changed my mind. After browsing on ebay for new lipsticks, I stumbled onto Mary Kays gingerbread. At $7,I decided to take a chance and buy it. Boy, am I glad I did! It is a bronzey-goldish color that looks really good! I got the one in the gold case, which has no foul odor. In fact, it has the same smell as the MK glosses, vanilla-marshmallow-ish. Oh, by the way, I am only 26 and I am really loving these products, so give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 8:45:00 AM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am wearing this color right now and it is GORGEOUS! I'm not big on brown lipstick, but this one has changed my mind. I am a DDD/NW 45-50 and it looks absolutely amazing. Golden brown with shimmer. I am wearing it with MK Beach Bronze Lipgloss. Wonderful combo! Definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 3:27:00 PM More reviews by thesavagefamily

This is such a great color--I am glad I purchased it before it ran out! It is a beautiful brown with gold shimmer as described in the other reviews. It is perfect for my medium skin tone and brown hair. Perfect, creamy, long wearning color!