Cover Girl Ultimate Finish

2.9

on 9/9/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this because of the claim that it gives a powdery finish. It doesn't, from what I can see, but it goes on very smoothly and evenly. I have oily skin, so I'm still looking for a good foundation for my skin type. However, CoverGirl Ultimate Finish is a time-saver for me. The sponge makes the application neat and easy. The coverage is not thick, but perfect for a nice finish. It's a good thing to have, especially if I'm in a rush.

Update: I used oil-blotting sheets on my face, and it does remove the foundation resulting in uneven patches on my face. I found a better foundation, fortunately. This is just so-so.

on 2/9/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation on and off for years. It provides medium coverage. However, this product will crease and cake up on your face without setting it with powder. Also, I do find myself having to re-touch with powder throughout the day in order to keep the shine away, and to keep the foundation looking fresh as well.

Overall, I think that this is a decent foundation to use, if you are going somewhere and do not plan to be out very long. Otherwise, if you are going somewhere and you need your foundation to really last for hours on end, without needing to have to do touchups, then I wouldn't recommend wearing this foundation for such occasions.

Even though I rated this product 3 stars, I would buy it again. As, it's quick and easy to put on, it comes with its own sponge, and it's highly affordable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

The coverage this drugstore foundation gives you is pretty decent considering the price. I usually purchase two foundations and mix them for my perect color. This doesn;t really have that gross chemical scent that is popular for non high end foundations. I would recommend it bc it doesnt break me out.

on 2/8/2014 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I've been using this since February and I have come to really like it. It looks great on my skin when I use it with primer and setting powder. Pros: It covers acne scars well & it does not cake or oxidize. I do have to dab throughout the day but my skin just gets really oily no matter what I put on it. Cons: I wish Covergirl offered more colors and more product. I also can't seem to find this product anywhere except for online. I really hope they don't discontinue it.

on 3/3/2012 5:05:00 PM

This is a nice, average cream-to-powder foundation for me. For one thing, it's less powder-y and cakey compared to several others I've tried. I use the sponge to actually press it onto my skin, rather than spreading it, and this gives it a nice finish--matte, but natural-looking. It doesn't look like I'm wearing "makeup". It's quite sheer, so I just use it on those days where I'm running around doing errands and cleaning house, or when I just don't have the time to do the whole primer, foundation, powder routine. The packaging is as basic as you can get: black plastic compact, makeup, sponge, mirror. It's not pretty, but it's not ugly; it's just there. At least it's pretty sturdy, and I've never had issues with CG compacts falling apart or not closing properly. What is really aggravating is the outer packaging, where you just can't tell which shade is right for you. And it looks much darker in the compact than it does on skin, which made it even harder to figure out. Finally I went with Classic Ivory (#410) and luckily it's a perfect match. I think it's a good product for shaving minutes off your routine if you just can't be bothered, which is why I bought it in the first place.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this product as a concealer, actually. It works great, but I would put a moisturizer on before or it can look cakey/drying.

on 6/17/2011 7:56:00 PM

I got this cuz i wanted to try out powder foundation. At first i thought it was horrible and cakey but i started using less. i hav gotten so many compliments that my foundation looks so good. i luv this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I actually really like this product. I apply with my fingers only on parts I need it. Its great! For People who say its Cakey, you are the one making it cakey by putting on too much! haha! I got slightly darker than my tone, and it works great! I RECOMMEND!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Ehhh. I'm not so sure about this makeup. A part of me likes it because it's conveniently packaged and the texture of it is smooth and medium-weight, but it doesn't deliver everything that I need in a foundation. It's very hard to find the right color for my skin tone with this product and therefore it doesn't blend too well into my skin. Also, if you're trying to cover acne, it just looks like a caked mess.

on 10/7/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is awful. I've applied it with my fingers, a sponge, and a brush.. and the end result is always the same. It claims to have "the beauty of a liquid, a powder and concealer in one," but falls way short. It doesn't conceal anything, is difficult to blend, and like most CG foundations, you're unlikely to find a match the first time around. If any of the SDMs around my house believed in having testers, I could have avoided buying this. I see it works for other people, but it definitely does not work for me. Will never buy again.