April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Ultimate Finish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have used this foundation on and off for years. It provides medium coverage. However, this product will crease and cake up on your face without setting it with powder. Also, I do find myself having to re-touch with powder throughout the day in order to keep the shine away, and to keep the foundation looking fresh as well.

Overall, I think that this is a decent foundation to use, if you are going somewhere and do not plan to be out very long. Otherwise, if you are going somewhere and you need your foundation to really last for hours on end, without needing to have to do touchups, then I wouldn't recommend wearing this foundation for such occasions.

Even though I rated this product 3 stars, I would buy it again. As, it's quick and easy to put on, it comes with its own sponge, and it's highly affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ThePrettyPinkRanger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The coverage this drugstore foundation gives you is pretty decent considering the price. I usually purchase two foundations and mix them for my perect color. This doesn;t really have that gross chemical scent that is popular for non high end foundations. I would recommend it bc it doesnt break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works great as a concealer! I dab this on spots where I need it and it covers well. I also use it as a foundation on days I want full coverage. I set it with powder and rose spray and it does not cake or oxidize. Also, it was really hard to find my color! They have a limited selection. I'm not that dark and I went with the second to last color. WTF Cover girl.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

This is a nice, average cream-to-powder foundation for me. For one thing, it's less powder-y and cakey compared to several others I've tried. I use the sponge to actually press it onto my skin, rather than spreading it, and this gives it a nice finish--matte, but natural-looking. It doesn't look like I'm wearing "makeup". It's quite sheer, so I just use it on those days where I'm running around doing errands and cleaning house, or when I just don't have the time to do the whole primer, foundation, powder routine. The packaging is as basic as you can get: black plastic compact, makeup, sponge, mirror. It's not pretty, but it's not ugly; it's just there. At least it's pretty sturdy, and I've never had issues with CG compacts falling apart or not closing properly. What is really aggravating is the outer packaging, where you just can't tell which shade is right for you. And it looks much darker in the compact than it does on skin, which made it even harder to figure out. Finally I went with Classic Ivory (#410) and luckily it's a perfect match. I think it's a good product for shaving minutes off your routine if you just can't be bothered, which is why I bought it in the first place.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by theg6princess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product as a concealer, actually. It works great, but I would put a moisturizer on before or it can look cakey/drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by hculver5

I got this cuz i wanted to try out powder foundation. At first i thought it was horrible and cakey but i started using less. i hav gotten so many compliments that my foundation looks so good. i luv this!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Bubblemonkey34

I actually really like this product. I apply with my fingers only on parts I need it. Its great! For People who say its Cakey, you are the one making it cakey by putting on too much! haha! I got slightly darker than my tone, and it works great! I RECOMMEND!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ehhh. I'm not so sure about this makeup. A part of me likes it because it's conveniently packaged and the texture of it is smooth and medium-weight, but it doesn't deliver everything that I need in a foundation. It's very hard to find the right color for my skin tone with this product and therefore it doesn't blend too well into my skin. Also, if you're trying to cover acne, it just looks like a caked mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is awful. I've applied it with my fingers, a sponge, and a brush.. and the end result is always the same. It claims to have "the beauty of a liquid, a powder and concealer in one," but falls way short. It doesn't conceal anything, is difficult to blend, and like most CG foundations, you're unlikely to find a match the first time around. If any of the SDMs around my house believed in having testers, I could have avoided buying this. I see it works for other people, but it definitely does not work for me. Will never buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

This is one of those weird bi polar foundations lol, some days it looks great and some days its awful. and thats annoying.