Clinique Different Lipstick - Sugared Grapefruit

3.4

on 4/9/2014 8:45:00 PM

I got this as a GWP many years ago. I quite liked it then but it got overshadowed by flashier lippies. I "rediscovered" it and LOVE it. I used to prefer very bright, bold lipstick years ago but now prefer more understated looks.

This is a sheer, shimmery (I don't think it is "frosty") coral that is good everyday or summer lipstick.

I am very fair (nc15) and I really don't think anyone medium and darker would be happy with the pigmentation of this shade.

No fragrance or flavor and shiny enough that no gloss necessary

on 3/5/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Every time I go to the Clinique counter hoping to purchase Sugared Grapefruit Different Lipstick, the SA always talks me out of it and I never end up swatching it on. I end up with another neutral lipstick shade (albeit still gorgeous!) I went to Bloomingdale's and the nicest SA I have ever met at the Clinique counter helped me today. He told me that Sugared Grapefruit it is a bright shade, but at the same time, he said it was very sheer - so it actually shows up quite soft on the lips. He swatched a lot of colors on me to make sure I was sure I liked this shade. Out of all the swatches, Sugared Grapefruit was the color I have been searching for that I kept getting talked out of purchasing! When I applied it to my lips, the color is sheer pinky-peach color with a bit of shimmer. The formula is so comfortable too! It's a very happy and youthful shade. My lips have a natural coral tint, so this really brings out my coloring. I am very fair (I was swatched and my shade in the Superbalanced Foundation is Breeze - lightest neutral shade!) with dark brown hair. Perhaps if you are looking for a sheer bright color, give Sugared Grapefruit a try! This is my all-time favorite color in the Different Lipsticks and really gives a fresh and youthful look! LOVE IT!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

No pigmentation at all, very sheer to be a lip stick, just makes my lips look pearly, very disappointed

on 2/19/2012 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought this would be too bright and cool toned for my olive skin, but it isn't. It goes on creamy like a nice balm, and as it fades it leaves a pale coral tint on my lips that brightens up my face. When it fades it does feel a bit drying, but I don't mind reapplying. I hope it hasn't been discontinued because I would repurchase.

on 8/14/2009 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Light, playfu coral/pink color that's great for summer.

on 4/17/2009 3:07:00 PM

I didn't like this because of the frost. I am not a fan of anything frosty at all. No frost in my lipsticks and shadows for sure.....

on 7/11/2006 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

A nice bright color for redheads. Appears coral on me with a slight hint of pink and just touch of shimmer. Perfect for summer nights out and against tan skin! It's really a different shade and I highly recommend it to the orangey/strawberry redheads out there (versus auburn/burgundies) looking for something new and brightening. Has better staying power when paired with the Quickliner in Cocoa Peach.

on 4/16/2006 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

When I went to my local Clinique counter, I asked the SA for a spring-ish color that will flatter my olive complexion. She reached for this and I was quite skeptical at first. I thought it was way too "wrong" for me. In the tube it looked like a real bright orange-pink w/ lots of frost. She assured me it wasn't too garish looking on. I took her word on it and decided to try it before I shelled out the cash for it. I chose Allspice l/liner and tried it on w/ my fingers crossed. Surprisingly, though, it looked very nice. On me it was a pinkish coral w/ shimmer (in a good way shimmer) and wasn't too 60s austin powers era. I noticed the trick to applying this color so you don't get too much color and possibly too bright is to apply w/ a lipbrush. I was happy w/ the results and decided to purchase it. Looks great for the spring/summer months, but will be put back in the drawer come fall....

on 10/7/2005 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pretty coral-pink (but more pink) that is frosty. I have a problem with the clinique lipstick colors i choose being too sheer. Anyhow, i would only really wear this color in the summer and on warmer spring days. This looks good, but not *great* agaisn't my MMM yellow/olive skin, probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 2/26/2005 9:40:00 PM

In the tube this looks like a shimmery medium peachy pink, but on my lips it is much more pink than peach and a tad bright. It looks alright and I may find myself using it more in the summer, but for now I find myself toning it down with a gloss. For some reason I really like the name of this one--maybe one reason why I bought it! I don't think I'd get this one again, but I'll enjoy using the one I have.

Recommended for Medium Skin