The Body Shop Papaya Bath & Shower Gel

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzophenone-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citronellol, Caramel, Orange 4, Red 33.

on 10/9/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's quite good, but pricey. It only lasts like 20 showers max before it runs out. The gel smells amazingly amazing, but disappear after 1-2 hours eventhough i use the same papaya body butter as well. I like the feeling after you rinse, like its slippery kinda feeling and it hydrates well. will not buy it again cuz it's pricey and not worth it

on 5/23/2013 1:31:00 AM

This is one of the better smelling shower gels I had and in TBS. I find it refreshing after using it, so I tend to use it when I'm tired in the noon. However, it doesnt give the the moisturising factor that I need, and I dont feel as clean compared to my Dove shower gel.

on 4/10/2013 1:14:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this on clearance at The Body Shop for $4, which I assume means it's being discontinued. That's a shame, because it smells GREAT and like all other Body Shop shower gels, cleanses and softens wonderfully. I may go back to stock up before it's all gone. The scent isn't as strong as some of the other washes-- maybe that's why it's being discontinued, because it's great otherwise.

on 4/29/2012 2:43:00 AM

This stuff smells SO good. I really don't need any other reason to have it. It cleanses and lathers well, and I don't find it to be drying like a few others have said. Great stuff!

on 5/7/2010 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Body Shop gels used to be drying for me, but I found out that they dry my body when I use a sponge, but when I use them with my hands they are actually quite moisturizing. But I still apply some lotion after my showers anyway. However, when I use a sponge I end up using less product...it runs out quicker when I use my hands I guess. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's still a really great product that lasts a long time.

I also found that I prefer this scent to the floral ones. I definitely want to try some more TBS shower gels now.

on 4/13/2010 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is just an alright product for me. I really like the smell which isn't extremely strong, but it doesn't do a whole lot for moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love The Body Shop shower gels. They lather great, clean well, and don't leave any residue. Some reviewers mentioned that they found them to be drying, but I don't think that's the case at all. The papaya scent smells absolutely delicious and juicy.

on 7/1/2009 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like a fresh, juicy papaya would. Cleans well, and is not harsh on skin. Love!

Nice one! This fruity scent isnt too overpowering, smells just right and comforting. Foams up well and dosent strip my skin off moisture. Yum Yum

on 2/18/2007 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Papaya is now my favorite Body Shop shower gel. I got this as part of a gift pack and just finished using the entire bottle. It smells fresh and fruity, but the fruity is not overdone. The scent is wonderful and lasts a little while but doesn't compete with my fragrance spray which is not fruity at all. This gel lathers wonderfully and does not leave any residue.

Popular Gels/Soaps