November 26, 2014 | 1655 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Papaya Bath & Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nuchsrisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's quite good, but pricey. It only lasts like 20 showers max before it runs out. The gel smells amazingly amazing, but disappear after 1-2 hours eventhough i use the same papaya body butter as well. I like the feeling after you rinse, like its slippery kinda feeling and it hydrates well. will not buy it again cuz it's pricey and not worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:31:00 AM More reviews by claredemoda

This is one of the better smelling shower gels I had and in TBS. I find it refreshing after using it, so I tend to use it when I'm tired in the noon. However, it doesnt give the the moisturising factor that I need, and I dont feel as clean compared to my Dove shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mielr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got this on clearance at The Body Shop for $4, which I assume means it's being discontinued. That's a shame, because it smells GREAT and like all other Body Shop shower gels, cleanses and softens wonderfully. I may go back to stock up before it's all gone. The scent isn't as strong as some of the other washes-- maybe that's why it's being discontinued, because it's great otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:43:00 AM More reviews by windchimesss

This stuff smells SO good. I really don't need any other reason to have it. It cleanses and lathers well, and I don't find it to be drying like a few others have said. Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop gels used to be drying for me, but I found out that they dry my body when I use a sponge, but when I use them with my hands they are actually quite moisturizing. But I still apply some lotion after my showers anyway. However, when I use a sponge I end up using less product...it runs out quicker when I use my hands I guess. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's still a really great product that lasts a long time.

I also found that I prefer this scent to the floral ones. I definitely want to try some more TBS shower gels now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just an alright product for me. I really like the smell which isn't extremely strong, but it doesn't do a whole lot for moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

I love The Body Shop shower gels. They lather great, clean well, and don't leave any residue. Some reviewers mentioned that they found them to be drying, but I don't think that's the case at all. The papaya scent smells absolutely delicious and juicy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells just like a fresh, juicy papaya would. Cleans well, and is not harsh on skin. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice one! This fruity scent isnt too overpowering, smells just right and comforting. Foams up well and dosent strip my skin off moisture. Yum Yum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2007 12:56:00 PM More reviews by riffrandal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Papaya is now my favorite Body Shop shower gel. I got this as part of a gift pack and just finished using the entire bottle. It smells fresh and fruity, but the fruity is not overdone. The scent is wonderful and lasts a little while but doesn't compete with my fragrance spray which is not fruity at all. This gel lathers wonderfully and does not leave any residue.