November 26, 2014 | 1176 users online

Fragrances - Korres - Vanilla Cinnamon Body Water

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Kanzaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This body water smells yummy and is perfect for autumn and winter due to the warm and spicy smell of the cinnamon. At the very beginning it smells like custard, but later the cinnamon takes on a higher relevance. Unlike the Mint Tea body water (is a must for summer), this body water doesn't last too much on the skin (less than 3 hours); being optimistic one could think that since it's also a tonic the smell isn't the aim, and in case more smell is needed it's as simple as applying again (and it'll be healthy for the skin) but being realistic I wouldn't repurchase it again. This great smell is quite more lasting at the body milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 7:29:00 AM More reviews by olgitaglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the smell of this product and I do think it smells like cinnamon and vanilla, more heavily on the cinnamon. The smell lasts about four to five hours. But it kinda smells like a typical bakery smell. I like more fruity, light and sweet smells. My favorites are from Pacifica, the Blood Orange perfume and then this other one my friend bought me for Christmas, Ruby guava something. If you're looking for something to make you smell like a bakery then this stuff is for you ; )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2008 5:35:00 PM More reviews by danai

First of all let me tell you, I am personally a sucker for the vanilla - cinammon combination and whatever smells like it, edible or not. So it's rather inevitable that I love this. I have used both this and the Mint Tea version in the past, and while Mint Tea is perfect for refreshing and revitalising yourself on hot summer days, the Vanilla Cinammon version is the warmest, cosiest smelling thing around for a cold winter day. I am planning to buy it again in a couple of months as the weather gets colder, along with the matching body lotion which I also adore, layer the heavenly stuff on me on cold winter afternoons after work when I curl up with my hot water bottle, a fluffy blanket, some hot coffee and a book...Ah just thinking about that makes dull winter days to come much more of an attractive prospect;-)
Anyway now back to the useful info: nice classy bottle, not much staying power though so it's better to use the lotion first to extend it. Not at all expensive - 9 or 10 in Greece, great value for money. Would recommend it in a heartbeat, unless you don't like vanilla or cinammon, in which case you will probably not like this either since the scent is very close to the real thing;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

As others have commented, the vanilla in this body water is hard to detect. I am not a very big fan of vanilla, in fact I find that vanilla scents almost always smell unnatural. In this fragrance though, the cinnamon is the most noticeable with the vanilla showing through just enough to balance out the fragrance. I also notice a slight warm wood scent (perhaps birch). This scent is nice though it doesn't last long, maybe 1-3 hours. Aside from the lasting power, another downside is that my skin reacts and turns red for about 15 minutes after the initial spritz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This doesn't smell quite like I thought it would; it's less creamy and sweet than I expected but it's nonetheless pleasant and wearable. The lasting power isn't particularly long and I find it just a bit boring and flat, but as a "body water" it's nice and I will finish the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by RedHead172

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I expected this to be heavier on the Vanilla, but it's mostly a strong Cinnamon that takes a long time to calm down into a softer yummier "bakery" fragrance. I was looking for gooey cinnamon buns but I got cinnamon stick instead. Nice if you like cinnamon a lot, but just not what I wanted.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 5:45:00 PM More reviews by wednesday1331

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product! Actually, I think almost anything Korres smells great! This is my favorite fragrance tho. It smells so delicious! I wish they made a vanilla/ cinnamon body butter. This fragrance is very light and dies down, but that keeps me from smelling overwhelmingly of baked goods, so I feel it's okay. Also, you get quite a lot, so it's a good price. Some people were upset that this is more cinnamon scented than vanilla and that's true, but I can definitely smell both. I can also remember reading in Discover magazine that a study was done and of all foody smells, and cinnamon is the one most men found attractive. My only word of warning is that since it does have quite a cinnamon base, it might burn the skin of some really sensitive skinned people out there. No problem for me, but keep it in mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by pook555

Oh, this smells so good! I got one of my $5 gift certificates from Pure Beauty (sigh, they have closed the PB I really liked by my house and I'm left with the further one staffed by nasty and somewhat stupid salespeople, but I digress) and decided to go and try the Kai body glow. Well, the Kai did nothing for me (no one can put a true gardenia in a bottle, I swear), but as I tried a quick spritz of the Korres Vanilla Cinnamon Body Water, I was in love - instantly! So, in the end, I bought this and I'm so glad I did! It really does smell amazing - yummy cinnamon and a touch of vanilla - kind of like spicy rice pudding, very comforting. Though the lasting power isn't perfect, it's about the same as a Demeter, so that's okay with me, especially since it smells sooo good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 5:36:00 PM More reviews by traes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is perfect for me. I got this to go with the shower gel and body milk. It smells just like them and helps the scent to linger a little longer. Not too strong or overpowering, just a light, cinnamony-vanilla-y scent. Just what I was hoping for!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2005 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Slipped

I barely use mine. The scent is a bit "sharper" in the spray form compared to the shower gel and lotion. Also, they don't keep well. I've noticed differences in older bottles that weren't yet to the expiration date. This is because the ingredients are all natural. During my trip to Greece I was told at a pharmacy that all body waters have been discontinued. And they are no longer available on Sephora.com.