October 25, 2014 | 829 users online

Moisturizers - Merle Norman - delicate balance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by MissyCoco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is expensive but has worked wonders to calm my skin. I kept trying to address increasing redness and irritation that showed up pst-pregnancy and this has helped the most. I will buy this again and again. It is worth the money for me. It has not caused breakouts and has made me alot less red. I still have some redness but it seems to improve more with each use. BTW, I have only been using this about a week but have used Merle almost exclusively for a year or so. This looks beautiful under makeup. I use this in combination with the Merle Powderbase, Aquabalance or lasting foundation. I find the Powderbase with this soothes my skin this most.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by zskin

Love this and the cleanser and toner in the delicate balance line from MN. It feels calming on my sensitive skin/and it is light, but really moisturizes well....am happy with this purchase! Price is great--MN creams last forever...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by SushiGirl8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I have highly sensitive irritated rosacea skin. I dont' tolerate most facial products well. I just purchased this one for about $52 canadian based on the MUA reviews. My skin usually starts to feel very rough mid-way through the day, but not with this moisturizer ! It's not overly moisturizing, but delivers the perfect amount of moisture for my combination dehydrated skin. It feels very comfortable on my skin. My redness has also gone down a bit, but I plan to update my review as I use this product more.. have only used it a few days so far.

Also, I want clarify a review below that states this moisturizer is just plain & basic. This moisturizer does say the following on the back:
- Improves the appearance of dry skin by 78% after 8 weeks
- Reduces the appearance of skin redness by 57% after 8 weeks
- Refines and conditions skin for improved smoothness and texture.

This is EXACTLY what I need in a moisturizer, and much more than basic to me. Basic moisturizer would be the Toleriane Fluid or something, which does nothing for my skin.

Some key ingredients are aloe, chamomile, beeswax, jojoba esters, and oatmeal extract.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LipstickStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer was recommended to me because of my Rosacea and sensitivity. I've been using it for a couple of years bc it is the best! Right now my skin is not sensitive anymore! It actually desensitized my skin!!! I am going to type out what it says it doesn't have so you know what I'm talking about...nON- comedogenic, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, dye-free, colorant-free, paraben-free, safe for those affected by rosacea ..and it's soooo sooothing and no more red blotches,

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had to return this. I was looking for a winter moisturizer. Although this felt nice and did not break me out, it just didn't deliver. My face was flakey and worse than when I used moisturizer I was hoping to replace with this. I felt the price was high for such a standard product. I would not repurchase at this time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

very calming and soothing to the skin, but not for dry types. not a steal at $38, but helps my sensitive, combination skin immensely. i am on my second tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this product because my skin is going through that winter funk (and it has just begun!) with now having to go in and out of heat, wind, and cold my combination skin is rough and flaky on my cheeks. They have been especially red these past few days as well. I got several samples and eventually purchased the product, as there was a dramatic change in my skin within only three days! I am now using the Luxiva facial wash (I forget the exact name, but the one with the microbeads in it!) for the morning, and I use the plain ole Cleansing Cream (what a bargain for $22!) in the evening, with my Delicate Balance Toner and now the Moisturizer. An occasional Miracol treatment and my skin has never looked better! I will repurchase, even though it does cost a little more than my previous skin care, but I am so pleased with the results of these products!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by awful_cherry

This would be a great moisturizer for someone with incredibly sensitive skin. It is basically just a "plain" moisturizer, with no dyes, perfumes, or parabens to irritate, but also no sunscreens, antioxidants, antiirritants, aging or acne fighting ingredients, or anything else. It is also not that moisturizing, it is very very light. I can use other moisturizers just fine so I would not repurchase this one. I got a small size as a GWP, but to me $38 is way too much money for such a basic moisturizer unless you literally cannot use anything else. There are hundreds of decent basic light moisturizers on the market (one favorite - Paula's Choice hydrolight) and I can use most of them so I see no point in paying for this one. I am giving it a 4 rating only because of its uniqueness in not having any additive ingredients and how much of a lifesaver it may be for people who cannot tolerate any extra additives on their skin, since most moisturizers on the market currently come with, if not dyes and fragrances, antioxidants, plant extracts, and/or SPF. For myself, I give it a 3 - it does nothing harmful to my skin, but is nothing special and way overpriced.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't really want to spend $38.00 on moisturizer right now, but my sensitive skin with Rosacea has been really irritated lately. I've been trying everything to sooth it, but nothing has been working. When my best laid plans failed, I bit the bullet and went to Merle Norman. I bought MN Delicate Balance Moisturizer and I'm really glad I did. This moisturizer calmed and soothed my skin immediately. It moisturized without being greasy or heavy. The best part was the cooling effect it had on my burning skin. It felt so much better. I highly recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin and needs a soothing moisturizer. It sure worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by delta69purple

I love this moisturizer. It doesn't leave my face feeling too greasy. It works well. My makeup coverage looks good when I use this first.