LUSH Enzymion

3.3

Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Stearic Acid, Freshly Juiced Papaya (Carica papaya), Organic Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Freshly Juiced Organic Lemon (Citrus limonum), Organic Cold-Pressed Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Organic Cold-Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben}

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is definitely more like a primer to me. I have tried so many expensive primers for my oily/combo skin and nothing ever worked. From porefessional by benefit, to smashbox to even using finishing sprays. This is the ONLY product that keeps me matte all day and keeps my makeup looking flawless. It's not drying though! My skin feels plump and slightly hydrated when I wear this under my makeup. My only issue with this is that when I first apply it my face gets super red in certain areas and looks slightly irritated. That goes away in like 5-10 minutes after applying and it doesn't sting or anything. I think it has to do with the acid in the lemon. Something that really bothers me is the price tag. I try stock up on samples from Lush anytime I can so I don't have to run through full sized containers of it so quickly. Overall, it is like a miracle for my oily/combo skin and I definitely recommend it for oil control.

I have only used this moisturizer a few times. When I first used it, I found it amazing, it's not as moisturizing as I'd like but it didn't leave my face feeling greasy like most creams do. It dries quickly so it's good for use under makeup and it keeps oil away for some time. However, when I used this while I was abroad, it seemed the burn my face. I was left with red, dry patches on my skin, and whenever I applied makeup, primer or another cream, that would also burn. And I broke out horribly. So I stopped using it but my skin didn't get better until I bought an aloe vera cream which cooled my skin and helped with the dryness. I don't know if it was the lemon that did this to my skin, but I definitely wouldn't use this if you have sensitive skin. Try Celestial instead, it's kinda greasy but it's so moisturizing and calm on skin.

PROS:
- leaves skin super matte for hours (I get to skip my primer!)
- moisturizing enough for the summer
- leaves skin soft and dry to the touch, but not like DRY dry
- a little product goes a long way
- hasn't caused any breakouts on my sensitive skin
- makeup goes on smooth
- it's a LUSH product, so you know it's cruelty free, vegan, fair trade and all that jazz.

CONS:
- probably not moisturizing enough for very dry patches
- smells hella weird (doesn't last on skin)
- expensive af (around $40 cnd for 45g)
- packaged in a tub (unsanitary, easy to spill cause it's pretty runny)

So far so good. I have super oily skin all year round, acne and dry patches (usually in the winter) and this moisturizer has been performing really well so far. It's actually so mattifying that I've stopped using a primer most days and my skin stays matte for a really long time. It's a very light product that sinks into the skin quickly and leaves skin matte within a few minutes. You don't need a lot to cover the face so I think I'll be able to stretch each tub for quite a while. I have a feeling it won't be heavy enough for the winter when I have very dry skin around my mouth and nose, but maybe I can keep this moisturizer for my T-zone and my trusted cetaphil cream for those dry spots. A few things I don't like about this product that keep it at 4 stars is the smell and the packaging. I don't know what this is supposed to smell like, but I hate it. It's not bad enough that I would stop using the product, and it fades away on the skin very fast, but I actively try not to breath through my nose when applying. The packaging is just a simple tub with a screw on lid, but I prefer lotions that come in a pump as they're more sanitary and I don't have to worry about spilling. Another downside is that this product is pretty expensive, but I can overlook that since it performs so well and lets me skip a primer. I would definitely buy this again and would recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

I would recommend just going to LUSH and asking for a sample. That's what I did and they give you enough to last for almost 2 weeks so you really get to see how it performs.

this moisturiser is very light and smells lovely
it didnt make my skin matte
but it didnt make it greasy either

One of the Lush workers recommended this moisturizer to me as I have combination/oily acne-prone skin. She gave me a sample as I was a bit hesitant to buy it. My favorite thing about the moisturizer is that it smells so fresh and is very light weight on the skin. It didn't make my skin matte though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this moisturiser, it's fresh,smells great and works wonders for my oily skin. It is a bit pricey but definitely worth it the pot lasts ages as you only need to use a tiny amount each time you apply. Perfect as a base for makeup I don't need a primer this moisturiser acts as both a primer & moisturiser. A lot of people say this feels sticky on the skin it really doesn't feel sticky it glides onto the skin so smoothly. It helps prevent spots. So if your super oily like me prone to brake outs give this a try you won't be disappointed. For me this is my HG moisturiser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this and I'm glad I didn't buy it right away. It smells okay and feels great on the skin (although it might have been too watery for my dry spots), but my face turned VERY oily within about 45 minutes after applying, so I'm never buying the full size. For comparison, it usually gets oily after at least 3 hours from moisturising, and my skin is acne prone, sensitive&combination with very very "high contrast" between oily&dry spots.
For short:
consistency NO
keeps oiliness under control NO NO NO
moisturises YES
price NO
packaging (as seen in places) NO

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

horrible for my oily skin. I feel like lush really don't know what to do/ can't offer anything for oily skin - the salesgirl who was totally lovely gave me this as it was 'the only moisturiser without cocoa butter'?!?? like as if that suddenly makes it ok for oily skin. I gave it a fair shot - two weeks use - partly cos I really wanted to buy into the whole natural skin care philosophy and partly cos it was so bloody expensive (if it was good I could have stomached the price). But it gave me spots like nothing else! not subtle blocked pores or those tiny white under the skin spots but horrible juicy yellowheads vom!!! I know it doesn't contain cocoa butter but it was as if I was rubbing like cocoa butter for your body on my face! I admit it was really good at keeping the shine down, I loved this about it, and loved the smell too, but the spots were in no way worth it. I bought this a couple of months ago and my reason for reviewing now is that I just ran out of moisturiser so picked this up in desperation and literally two days later I'm getting the yellow spots again, I've counted three so far. normally the only spots I get are from stress, too much oily make up or touching my face too much so it's shocking to me that a moisturiser claiming to be for oily skin can have such a bad and sudden effect! really sad that this didn't work for me. oily girls please be careful!!! get a sample first if possible!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Enzymion claims to be good for oily skin , and I think the opposite is true . There are a lot of oils in this, and while LUSH claims that they are good oils they r mostly not . Look up the ingredients ! Many are comedogenic (pore clogging) and the perfumes are a big no no (and it doesnt even smell good, i hated the smell) I have oily, acne prone skin and this just clogged my pores and felt greasy. Also, it is SO expensive. I just got the sample because I didn't want to spend 40 DOLLARS. Another overpriced, overrated LUSH moisturizer

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just not a good product for my oily skin. It felt really thick and sticky on my skin like there is a film laying right on top of it and it can't breathe. First off, this is suppose to be a moisturizer and its not even a bit moisturizing for my skin. Especially since i live in Singapore, the weather here is constantly wet, hot and humid, i would prefer something more moisturizing and less sticky as compared to this.

Packaging is super unhygienic. I don't like the idea of constantly sticking my fingers in although they are clean (or i hope they are lol) And it is really pricey for the amount of product you get! I was quite shock when i first opened the lid as it was only half way full and i paid like 50 dollars for this. Totally not worth its. Not repurchasing this, EVER.