August 1, 2014 | 1730 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Enzymion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by peachhsorbet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin does get very oily, and I have used moisturisers that were making it worse. Before I tried this product, I was using a Neutrogena moisturiser and whenever I put it on at night my skin would be crazy oily in the morning.

Enzymion is the complete opposite of this. I use morning and night, and you only need to use a little at a time, so for the price is it a good investment (the use by date is only a couple of months from when it's made but the employee I spoke to in my local Lush store said it can be used for longer).

When I use it at night, it doesn't keep heavy or sticky on my face like other moisturisers. I also don't wake up with my face feeling sticky and oily either, which is a massive plus for me as this makes me break out in red bumps on my t-zone.

Using it in the morning instantly refreshes me due to the fruity, citrus scent. This product also serves as a great base for makeup. Furthermore the employee I spoke to told me it will help combat oily skin when wearing makeup, which I can honestly say is true as I no longer have to blot my face or touch up my makeup during the day, which is a pain especially during these hot summer days.

I am not keen on the parabens in this product though. Although I know Lush do look for alternatives as they know people are more aware of them (and don't want products with them in) so I hope in the future they find them. I also do not like the packaging - it's not that sanitary. I wish this product was in a bottle with a pump, or in a container in which you can squeeze the product out.

Overall those this product is amazing. Quite pricey but because you don't need much every time you use it, and also it works very well with my skin, it is a great investment for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Enzymion claims to be good for oily skin , and I think the opposite is true . There are a lot of oils in this, and while LUSH claims that they are good oils they r mostly not . Look up the ingredients ! Many are comedogenic (pore clogging) and the perfumes are a big no no (and it doesnt even smell good, i hated the smell) I have oily, acne prone skin and this just clogged my pores and felt greasy. Also, it is SO expensive. I just got the sample because I didn't want to spend 40 DOLLARS. Another overpriced, overrated LUSH moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by kailingggg

This is just not a good product for my oily skin. It felt really thick and sticky on my skin like there is a film laying right on top of it and it can't breathe. First off, this is suppose to be a moisturizer and its not even a bit moisturizing for my skin. Especially since i live in Singapore, the weather here is constantly wet, hot and humid, i would prefer something more moisturizing and less sticky as compared to this.

Packaging is super unhygienic. I don't like the idea of constantly sticking my fingers in although they are clean (or i hope they are lol) And it is really pricey for the amount of product you get! I was quite shock when i first opened the lid as it was only half way full and i paid like 50 dollars for this. Totally not worth its. Not repurchasing this, EVER.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Acne-prone babes -- attention!

I feel your painz. Mostly because it is on my face.

This product will very likely break you out. I got a sample and for the first few days, it seemed okay and then... small bumps, white heads, and THREE big ol' cystic bumps!!! You name it, I got it from this!!! Argh. I haven't had a break-out in over 10 months, I almost forgot how bad it can be. And now this is going to take MONTHS for me to fully recover... So please, acne-prone gals, be careful!!

COMEDOGENIC INGREDIENTS:
1. Cocoa Butter is VERY/HIGHLY comedogenic
2. Wheat Germ Oil is VERY/HIGHLY comedogenic
3. Stearic Acid is MEDIUM comedogenic
4. Cetearyl Alcohol MEDIUM comedogenic
(5. Evening Primrose Oil is LOW-MEDIUM)
(6. Avocado Oil is LOW-MEDIUM)

DAT A LOT, YAH?!

resources:
for oils:

Plus, parabens (preservatives) are known carcinogens. I mean, it's common enough knowledge that even Sephora's website offers "paraben-free" products as a filter option. I'm very disappointed in LUSH, a company that appears in their marketing to really care about their consumer's health but clearly does not if they are still pushing paraben-filled products.

I was so busy this week that I didn't check MUA or the ingredients in this product before trying my sample -- a sample that I only grabbed because I suddenly ran out of moisturizer and there's a LUSH right by the subway. (Toronto, Dundas Stn, I'm looking at you and your ill-informed though well-intentioned employees.)

This is the lowest rating I've ever given a product. I feel kinda bad... but it had to be done.

P.S. The packaging for this is pretty unhygienic -- having to open it and dip your finger into the product exposes it to bacteria (even if you wash your hands) so this moisturizer definitely should not be kept for longer than 6 months maybe.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So first off, I do want to mention that I am a LUSH Sales Associate, however, I promise that I am completely honest when I review about the LUSH products I use.
I have used many facial moisturizers out there, and so far I have only found a few that have been decent for me. But when I found Enzymion, I was completely blown away. I have very oily skin and so it is quite difficult to find the right moisturizer that won't make me feel even oilier than I already am. Enzymion is formulated with multiple fruit enzymes such as papaya. Additionally, lemon is literally the first ingredient in this product; therefore, this really helps at keeping skin very matte throughout the day and clear of any oil blockage in the pores. Lemon also helps to brighten skin and fade away pigmentation or post-acne scars (which is problem I have). This is LUSH's most lightweight moisturizer and it also doubles up as a makeup base, so you actually don't have to use a makeup primer afterwards, which is SO great.
I use this moisturizer morning and night after using the Tea Tree Water toner by LUSH, however, for the day, I also mix it with a moisturizer that has SPF 30 inside, as none of the LUSH moisturizers contain sun protection due to being cruelty-free products, and cosmetics with SPF must undergo animal testing, which LUSH is strongly against.
I literally feel like this moisturizer helps control my oil production throughout the day so I don't get as oily as I used to. As soon as I apply it, it absorbs into my skin instantly. I can definitely say that after completely using a full pot of this stuff, I can see a difference in my skin. It is clearer, brighter, and a lot smoother as well. I absolutely adore the smell. It smells kind of like Froot Loops cereal (apparently), and I somewhat agree. I feel like this moisturizer is not really earning enough love; if only more oily skin people knew about it!
I am absolutely going to repurchase a new pot as soon as I can because I don't think I'll ever find a better moisturizer than this one. There are literally no flaws that I can think about, except of course the most obvious downside, which is the packaging. The LUSH pots are OK but definitely are not the most sanitary nor the most clean-free. Product often gets accumulated around it. I don't really complain though because, as most LUSH fans probably know, when you bring back 5 black pots to a LUSH shop, you receive a free Fresh Face Mask of your choice, which is amazing.
I definitely recommend Enzymion to anybody with slightly to extremely oily skin. It doesn't irritate whatsoever and it's a Vegan product.
Visit a LUSH store to either receive a sample or buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Baf160

Pricey but worth it! Even in my late 30s, I have acne-prone skin. This is the only moisturizer that keeps my skin supple in winter but doesn't cause breakouts. A little bit goes a long way and, although it's costly, the pot lasts a long time. The only change I'd like to see is to a more sanitary container rather than Lush's signature black pot.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Kgsurfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First off, I am kind of a Lush junkie. I love how natural and fun their approach to beauty is. Enzymion was a moisturizer I asked for a sample of every time I stopped into a Lush (so I wouldn't have to buy a full size...I'm a college student!). I like the fresh lightly fruity but not sweet scent and I am CRAZY about the fruit enzymes (hence the name) that help to balance out oily skin throughout the day. I can't say if the enzymes actually work to balance out oil through the day because I use this as an evening moisturizer (I ALWAYS wear SPF in the day) and I can't say how effective it is because I use it sparingly when I need light moisture. I don't know if I would buy this again...it expires kinda quickly. I may be nuts but I like my $7 jar of coconut oil from Trader Joe's better.,,

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

This smells like fruit loops. Which I love. I have combination skin, sensitive, acne prove skin. This moisturizer soaks in well and quick. Leaving a someone matte finish. It also last a good deal because you only need a small amount. I don't like that you have to dip your fingers into the tub each time to get product out. I would much prefer a pump

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this moisturizer. It definetely feels fresh and nice on my skin and the smell is amazing. But I'm figuring out if it break me out or not. Still can't say it does, because I haven't tried it very often. I hate the packaging. I would love to see this product in a squeezing tube. I gave this product 3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great light moisturizer!

I have oily/acne-prone skin and I use this in the morning, it doubles as a moisturizer and a makeup base for me (I've stopped using primer now that I've discovered Enzymion, it works that well). For this reason, I believe the price is totally justified.

Smells really good, fruity, and sinks in quickly.

This would be a 5 star product except for one thing, it might have just been my pot, but there were some bits in the pot, kind of looked like ingredients that hadn't been totally blended together. This could have been a fluke but I don't know since I've only purchased it once.

Would buy again though!