October 24, 2014 | 905 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bobbi Brown - Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush - Travel Size

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say I've always been a big fan of Bobbi Brown brushes - I've owned a collection of them, never had to replace any of them in 7 years and in my opinion they're by far the best out there.
I bought the travel size version of the Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to use with my MAC gel liner. It's ideal for creating a sharp, controlled line with any gel liner on the eyelid whilst getting close to the mirror - I find the longer handled brushes too clumsy for a precise line & can't get a great view of what I'm doing. I coat the bristles in a few swipes of gel liner, pull my eyelid slightly outwards for extra precision and then smoothly apply my preferred line style - very easy to use.
The brush does require cleaning every day, but I'm quite lazy and wipe the dried liner off with a face wipe and clean my brushes properly every few weeks, not the best example of brush care but mine's lasted me several years without problems! It's so easy for me to keep it in my makeup bag and carry with me if I'm ever staying away from home.
The only issue is that like others have mentioned, the lacquer and text on the handle have started to crack and come off! Strange, as none of my other BB brushes have had this problem. Also a lid for the brush would be ideal since it does get messy after application and leaves black liner smudges on my dresser and makeup bag - I don't always have time to clean it thoroughly each morning.
I'd recommend this brush to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, quality brush for use with gel eyeliner to use both at home and on the go. Bobbi Brown counters only seem to stock them with particular limited edition products but they can be picked up cheaply on Ebay for under 10.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bobbi Brown should be ashamed to have such a poor quality brush ruining the reputation of her usually lovely brushes. I'm not overly fond of the fullsize version as it doesn't keep its shape but these travel size brushes anre much worse. I've had FOUR of the mini Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brushes from various brush kits and they all suck. I can't understand why people think they are great? Please let me explain the difference between the fullsize and the mini brushes:

1. The minis are not compact, the hairs are fluffier, fatter and wider and are more rounded and they aren't tapered toward the end. So they only ever make an chunky thick line, not an elegant thin line
2. The brush hairs on the minis fluffed/splayed out quickly with the first few uses. Didn't hold their shape.
3. TWO of the handles cracked their lacquer, a third absorbed any dirt into the glaze so it darkened and can't be cleaned off.
4. The printing wore off three of the minis straight away, but my fullsize one still has its crisp print.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:44:00 AM More reviews by lizvan1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this brush since 2 years ago from the travel gel eyeliner kit.. the kit consists of 2 gel eyeliner (black ink & sephia ink) and this brush.. i do prefer the travel size compared to full size just because my myopi.. don't want to constantly hit the mirror with the long handle while lining my eyes.. this brush is good for making thin & thick line.. also easy when i want to wing my liner.. my only complaint is the plastic cover for the top of the brush easily crack.. i wouldn't buy this brush again if it means i have to buy the whole set since the gel eyeliner last really long :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by AnOmali

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I own about 5 varied style high end brushes for gel liners and this is by far my new favorite. The full sized one seemed to have some issues based on the reviews, so I opted for the travel one because it had a cover AND good reviews and it was $10 (and authentic) on eBay!

It applies like a dream and I actually think the shorter brush makes it easier to handle (I applied cat eyed Shu gel liner with ONE HAND which I never do (I'm usually tugging at my eyes to apply) and it came out beautifully on my first try.

It fits neatly in my little makeup pouch, is very precise and can easily draw a much thicker line if I so choose...a new staple!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: This really works for some.

CONS: It made my application very messy. I think it's hard to use. Got messy and worn quickly.

ALTERNATES: For gel eyeliner, I prefer Trish McEvoy #11 "Precise Eye Lining" brush. For gel or cake, I like the Trish McEvoy #11 for tightlining and for a softer brush, Laura Mercier's Pointed Eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use gel eyeliner on a daily basis and this is the brush I choose (I have 4 or 5 different gel eyeliner brushes). I like the short handle bc it lets me get close to the mirror. I really need the smaller sized brush bc I have small Asian eyes. The full-size eye liner brush doesn't work for me bc it's too wide and I can't get a precise line. I like how it's also flat and not pointy like the Japonesque brush I have...again helping the line to be precise. BB's gel eyeliner tends to really crust up the brush, though, and needs to be washed often. But washing it is no problem, because after you squeeze it dry and reshape it, it dries back to its original condition and can get as precise a line as ever! The brush has never shed on me which also makes me really happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by evie1121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush came with a set of 2 BB gel e/l. Although i didn't like the gel e/l colors I love the mini ultra fine brush that came with it.

Since I've learned how to apply gel e/l with the jane brush which is also a mini brush in comparison to MAC or shu, maybe I'm used to a mini brush to apply gel e/l.

included is a pic of this brush:
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great brush. I really wanted the mini face blender brush so I bought it in a set and this came along with it. Up till now I've been using my gel eyeliner with a paula dorf eyeliner brush which is very stiff and it was very difficult to get a clean line. I tried this the other day though--perfect. It is not quite as sharp a line as the stiff eyeliner brush...but it still gives a fine, slightly softer line. This brush was definitely made for the gel eyeliners. The only thing I don't like about it is that this travel size is SO small and the brush is SO thin that I always feel like it will break in my hand or something. It's short though, which is good for getting up close to see the line you're making.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by prmikki77

Using this now with the long-wear gel eyeliner. This combination is fabulous. and very easy to use,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2005 9:14:00 AM More reviews by p5r79

I bought this with the eyeliner gel. I love love love this brush. It's so easy to control. I have Smashbox's eyeliner brush but the bristles are too rough and too wide. It's hard to control and horrible with their cream eyeliner. Which is the reason why I ended up with this brush. I must recommend to everyone to get the shorter handle instead of the long handle. It's much easier to control especially if you like to stand really close to the mirror like I do. And you can use this brush with MAC's eye gel too. I clean it with Smashbox's quick drying brush cleaner.