Quo Invisible Blotting Powder

4.6

on 1/3/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am also reviewing the tinted powder in light. I bought it in the middle of a very humid Canadian summer and my face was disgustingly oily only 2 hours after applying my makeup. I decided I needed to do something about it, and this powder was on sale for $8 CAD which is really good for Quo products. I LOVE this product. It does not sink into any fine lines, does not mill or crease on the skin and literally controls oil all day long. I don't honestly notice any colour to it, but that is fine, I didn't buy it for any coverage. And the container is huge, I have used this product everyday since July and I still am not halfway through the package. My HG powder for sure!

on 2/1/2008 1:30:00 PM

i'm reviewing the tinted blotting powder in light, not the invisible one. it's excellent. keeps shine under control, and for a very reasonable price (less than $15 CAD). the coverage is practically nonexistant, but i don't need any. there's just enough tint to keep my skin looking even. the packaging is very hygienic, because the sponge is separated from the pressed powder by a flip-up plastic divider. i've bought it about 4 times in a row now, and i intend on buying it again.

on 1/16/2005 2:52:00 PM

I bought this in the 'clearance' bin for $3.75, which makes me think Quo is discontinuing it :-( That's a real shame, because this is quite a nice little blotting powder!!! It goes on completely sheer, unless you *really* layer it on, in which case you might see some whitish hue. I don't have a problem with any discolouration, however. I have a mildly oily T-zone, but I don't like to add too much powder to my face. this stuff is perfect. It mattes the skin without adding any additional weight or discolouration. I hope that Quo adds a blotting powder to its new product line!!!

on 1/31/2004 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I did not have the same experience as the other gal on here - I loved the stuff!
I'm PPP and super oily - after 6-8 hours of blotting with papers my foundation has somewhat lost it's freshness - but I hate applying more colored powder to have it possibly cake and turn darker in areas that I missed with the papers earlier!
But with this I can give my skin that "Freshly applied makeup" look all over again!
Maybe if your darker than me (I'm MAC NW20) it may show up white - but I'm no ghost and it doesn't turn white on me, or look powdery either!
Will definately buy again when this runs out!

I eventually just couldn't resist this weird product any longer. It's a pure white pressed powder in a square compact with a giant mirror - huge amount of product in there. It's meant to blot oil and shine without leaving behind colour, which to me would be great since most powders turn orange on me. However, it doesn't really do its job. Not the greatest blotting effect and hard to get to go on evenly - tends to leave powdery whiteness unless you sort of wipe it off, which then disturbs makeup. I'll use mine for a while longer and then see if I can poach the great compact for something else :)