July 31, 2014 | 1064 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Sheer Volume Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by NicoleFreese

I've tried just about every volumizing product out there and I always return to this. Works the best without drying out my hair and just does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For starters I have normal-ish hair that is a bit on the oily side. It is also straight and long-ish. I have been using this shampoo (and conditioner) for a couple of years now. I personally really like it. It gets my hair clean without making it dry and helps with my propensity towards an oily scalp. I think it smells nice as well. It is not going to work miracles, however, in regards to volume but it won't weigh your hair down and might give me a little extra oomph. It's nothing super flashy or amazing but for the price and the results, I'm happy and not planning to switch shampoo/conditioner anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by asirrom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got this shampoo and conditioner from my fiance for xmas. great smell and lathers up alot with only a small amount. after using it, my hair was very soft and did appear not as limp and dull. onr thing i noticed i did not like was if the shampoo suds got in ur ears, it would continue to crackle and bubble for quite some time. very annoying!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

Okay, it's time for me to review this. I am EXTREMELY picky with hair products. I've probably tried every shampoo out there and I've never been a huge Pantene fan. From HE to cheap. About my hair: fine, dark brown (not colored) straight, lots of hair, gets oily roots, dryish ends, styled in a long layered bob.

This shampoo performs extremely well for me. I have spent years dealing with my fine, limp hair and trying to give it some oomph without making it greasy with products. This shampoo is my HG for sure. It pumps up my fine hair, gives it a ton of shine, makes it soft, smells great, and I don't get oily at the end of the day. I would consider this shampoo as a perfect "blow out" shampoo. It makes for a great base for products because it's not heavy. Since I blow out my hair every day, this shampoo/conditioner combo guarantees me a beautiful blowout that lasts all day.

Will repurchase time and time again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

I used one bottle of this shampoo, and stopped at half of it... My sister uses it now.
Pros
-Cleans ok
-Smells good

Cons:
-it doenst not give volume like it claims....

I wanted more volume, and since it doenst give any, i wont purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by LauraJM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

REVIEW FOR PANTENE VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO: Very good, one of the best significant difference to density of my hair. If you have fine silky hair but alot of it ,like me you notice a considerable difference -providing your hair is not damaged or very dry but on the normal kinda side. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

There are times (this being one of them) that I WISHED that I had read Make up Alley reviews first. I purchased this as my hair is quite fine and gets oily very quickly so I wanted a shampoo that would give my hair a bit of bounce. I had used a similar version of this shampoo from Singapore which was AWESOME and left my hair feeling amazing.

This shampoo however NEVER again will I purchase. So my hunt for the HG of shampoo continues.

Pros: Yep.......

Cons: Takes a HEAP of product to lather up. Once you do lather it up in your hair (mine's just below shoulder length) your hair feels WIERD. After washing out the shampoo my hair was unbelieveably tangled and knotted. This is after getting into the shower with unknotted, untangled hair. My hair didn't feel clean and even the conditioner that goes with this shampoo made no difference.

Hubby is now using the left overs and even he (who has no care for this stuff what so ever) said don't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

So I went home for the weekend (currently away at school) and forgot my shampoo and conditioner. Not willing to drive 3 hours back to fetch the bottles, I tore through my linen closet and found two travel size bottles of shampoo and conditioner, both of this brand. Hoo boy...where do I begin? I poured the normal amount of shampoo I use on my very long hair, and I barely got any lather at all. I rinsed my hair, and it felt just...odd. Like it wasn't clean, or there was some type of sticky residue in it. By the time I blow dry my hair, it feels like straw. Dirty, dirty straw. And it's not voluminous at all, just poofy. Never using this crap again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

This is a good shampoo for people with oily hair that goes flat. I live in a dry climate and have long hair, so I only wash it 2x a week when I am in my normal routine or it gets too dry.

Any product that "adds volume" will be drying because it is getting rid of oil that makes your hair flat. Mousse has alcohol, and this probably has something similar.

I do like how well this cleans your roots, but I tend to use a heavier conditioner on the ends or I will get Triangle Head.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Beckylou15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WARNING: Pantene is Very bad for your hair!!! It has Additives and chemicals In It! It also leaves a residue In your hair. All Pantene products are the same!!