Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/4/2015 3:24:00 AM

Not sure if mine is the same because the packaging looks different (clear container) but the label says "Sheer Volume - ProV - silicone free) but this works GREAT on my fine, blond, non-color-treated hair. I switch shampoos frequently and just tried a couple of disappointing high-end ones. Went back to using this one today and my hair was full of body, shiny, and manageable; as thick as I can expect with my hair type. I will definitely keep this in my rotation. The lather is thick and fragrance is nice. PROS: Makes my fine hair feel thick; good price; lovely lather; hair is manageable/easy to style. CONS: None

on 8/5/2014 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is super harsh on my hair. The scent is far to strong in my opinion, and honestly all in all it makes my hair dry and limp. It does give it some volume, but my hair just turns out frizzy. If you have hair that tends to dry out easily- then this may be a bad idea. No more pantene after this :(

on 7/17/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried just about every volumizing product out there and I always return to this. Works the best without drying out my hair and just does the job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For starters I have normal-ish hair that is a bit on the oily side. It is also straight and long-ish. I have been using this shampoo (and conditioner) for a couple of years now. I personally really like it. It gets my hair clean without making it dry and helps with my propensity towards an oily scalp. I think it smells nice as well. It is not going to work miracles, however, in regards to volume but it won't weigh your hair down and might give me a little extra oomph. It's nothing super flashy or amazing but for the price and the results, I'm happy and not planning to switch shampoo/conditioner anytime soon.

on 1/1/2014 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i got this shampoo and conditioner from my fiance for xmas. great smell and lathers up alot with only a small amount. after using it, my hair was very soft and did appear not as limp and dull. onr thing i noticed i did not like was if the shampoo suds got in ur ears, it would continue to crackle and bubble for quite some time. very annoying!!!!!

on 8/12/2013 1:02:00 AM

Okay, it's time for me to review this. I am EXTREMELY picky with hair products. I've probably tried every shampoo out there and I've never been a huge Pantene fan. From HE to cheap. About my hair: fine, dark brown (not colored) straight, lots of hair, gets oily roots, dryish ends, styled in a long layered bob.

This shampoo performs extremely well for me. I have spent years dealing with my fine, limp hair and trying to give it some oomph without making it greasy with products. This shampoo is my HG for sure. It pumps up my fine hair, gives it a ton of shine, makes it soft, smells great, and I don't get oily at the end of the day. I would consider this shampoo as a perfect "blow out" shampoo. It makes for a great base for products because it's not heavy. Since I blow out my hair every day, this shampoo/conditioner combo guarantees me a beautiful blowout that lasts all day.

Will repurchase time and time again.

on 8/8/2013 11:14:00 PM

I used one bottle of this shampoo, and stopped at half of it... My sister uses it now.
Pros
-Cleans ok
-Smells good

Cons:
-it doenst not give volume like it claims....

I wanted more volume, and since it doenst give any, i wont purchase this product again.

on 2/4/2013 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

REVIEW FOR PANTENE VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO: Very good, one of the best significant difference to density of my hair. If you have fine silky hair but alot of it ,like me you notice a considerable difference -providing your hair is not damaged or very dry but on the normal kinda side. :)

on 3/9/2012 7:43:00 AM

There are times (this being one of them) that I WISHED that I had read Make up Alley reviews first. I purchased this as my hair is quite fine and gets oily very quickly so I wanted a shampoo that would give my hair a bit of bounce. I had used a similar version of this shampoo from Singapore which was AWESOME and left my hair feeling amazing.

This shampoo however NEVER again will I purchase. So my hunt for the HG of shampoo continues.

Pros: Yep.......

Cons: Takes a HEAP of product to lather up. Once you do lather it up in your hair (mine's just below shoulder length) your hair feels WIERD. After washing out the shampoo my hair was unbelieveably tangled and knotted. This is after getting into the shower with unknotted, untangled hair. My hair didn't feel clean and even the conditioner that goes with this shampoo made no difference.

Hubby is now using the left overs and even he (who has no care for this stuff what so ever) said don't buy it again.

on 2/6/2012 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

So I went home for the weekend (currently away at school) and forgot my shampoo and conditioner. Not willing to drive 3 hours back to fetch the bottles, I tore through my linen closet and found two travel size bottles of shampoo and conditioner, both of this brand. Hoo boy...where do I begin? I poured the normal amount of shampoo I use on my very long hair, and I barely got any lather at all. I rinsed my hair, and it felt just...odd. Like it wasn't clean, or there was some type of sticky residue in it. By the time I blow dry my hair, it feels like straw. Dirty, dirty straw. And it's not voluminous at all, just poofy. Never using this crap again!

Top Rated Pantene Products