Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo

3.3

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 7/27/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After a few months of using argan Moroccan oil shampoo with bad results (scalp became an oil slick), I switched to this and I love it. It makes my hair sleek and sift and I can wash it every 2-3 days without it getting oily. Very happy with this product and the conditioner that goes with it. For reference my hair is thick and straight and leans toward the drier side but is mostly normal.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

When I first started using this shampoo, my hair felt soft and voluminous. However, I noticed recently that my hair was dry and brittle. My hair has never felt so damaged than it is now and I used to dye my hair! I have used other shampoos from the drugstore in the past and my hair was always fine afterwards. This product is full of harsh chemicals that are bad for the hair. My bottle wasn't quite finished but I still threw it out.

I will buy a natural shampoo next time and I won't be buying anything from Pantene ever again!

on 6/26/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you have fine to normal hair that is pretty naturally healthy this is the best shampoo. Hands down gives me the softest shiniest hair and I've tried it all from redkin, wen, fredric fekkai, alterna, and living proof just to name a few. I have now been using this solely for a year with the classic clean conditioner and have had no urge to even try anything else. That's how good this stuff is. The smell is my favorite and it lathers up nicely. This does a great job of clarifying the hair without over stripping it. I don't think I would recommend to someone with thick or dry hair. Also those with very damaged or color treated hair it's not going to provide you with a whole lot of moisture but, for those with normal to oily hair this is your shampoo!

on 5/18/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like another reviewer, my bottle is clear and not white.

This review is for the shampoo and conditioner in the Sheer Volume line from Pantene. I'm doing a review for both in the same time since I always use the shampoo and conditioner from the same brand and same kind.

I was surprised by this product, in a good way, It made my hair soft and bouncy and shiny, and easy to comb. The smell is nice too, typical Pantene smell which I happen to like so no worries for that.

It's also pretty cheap, so I might buy it again if I'm tight in cash but still need something nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hands down my favorite shampoo! Makes my hair full of volume and soft. It feels healthy and looks shiny too.

on 2/4/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not sure if mine is the same because the packaging looks different (clear container) but the label says "Sheer Volume - ProV - silicone free) but this works GREAT on my fine, blond, non-color-treated hair. I switch shampoos frequently and just tried a couple of disappointing high-end ones. Went back to using this one today and my hair was full of body, shiny, and manageable; as thick as I can expect with my hair type. I will definitely keep this in my rotation. The lather is thick and fragrance is nice. PROS: Makes my fine hair feel thick; good price; lovely lather; hair is manageable/easy to style. CONS: None

on 8/5/2014 4:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is super harsh on my hair. The scent is far to strong in my opinion, and honestly all in all it makes my hair dry and limp. It does give it some volume, but my hair just turns out frizzy. If you have hair that tends to dry out easily- then this may be a bad idea. No more pantene after this :(

on 7/17/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried just about every volumizing product out there and I always return to this. Works the best without drying out my hair and just does the job.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

For starters I have normal-ish hair that is a bit on the oily side. It is also straight and long-ish. I have been using this shampoo (and conditioner) for a couple of years now. I personally really like it. It gets my hair clean without making it dry and helps with my propensity towards an oily scalp. I think it smells nice as well. It is not going to work miracles, however, in regards to volume but it won't weigh your hair down and might give me a little extra oomph. It's nothing super flashy or amazing but for the price and the results, I'm happy and not planning to switch shampoo/conditioner anytime soon.

on 1/1/2014 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i got this shampoo and conditioner from my fiance for xmas. great smell and lathers up alot with only a small amount. after using it, my hair was very soft and did appear not as limp and dull. onr thing i noticed i did not like was if the shampoo suds got in ur ears, it would continue to crackle and bubble for quite some time. very annoying!!!!!