August 1, 2014 | 1013 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

Puts me in a time warp. My first love high school sweetheart bought me this. Reminds me if the good times. Loved this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Dior's Poison reminds me of a certain type of woman-we've all encountered her in one way or the other. She's a woman you've got to have respect for, though you won't neccessarily like. She's full of character, who has overcome adversity in life-being viewed first as a villian by society, which has since realized that she was only doing what it took to survive-but which still provided no apology. She still holds her head up high, albeit with some bitterness. She vows never to be the one who judges, but she simply lacks, at this point, the mental capacity to stop herself, and succumbs to the ways of society she had scorned.
To me, it's a dark fragrance. The bitterness can be seen by the stark contrast of the uplifting aldehydes and jasmine, and some strident note-perhaps incense or honey-this overwhelms the nose much like the woman above would overwhelm your senses. She is way dominant, and just won't take a no for an answer.
Also, there is something to be said about the thematic elements of this fragrance. When Dior designed the apple- looking bottle, we thought the resemblance to snow white was cute. Then we find that the qualities of the fragrance are slightly reminiscent of the evil which. Then comes another edition of poison-this time in a red bottle. Is it me or is the resemblance simply uncanny?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Gigit77

This is the cologne I wear when I want to smell sexy. It's very sultry and unique. I wear this one often.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by perfumedlife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't review a lot of perfumes but I believe dior's classic poison deserves one .
Poison is a classic in all those years I read reviews that are negative and I don't understand why . Of course is a strong perfume but in my opinion a perfume has to be a little strong it has to have an identity . Poison is a distinctive perfume and in my opinion a masterpiece. Most of the modern perfumes are all most the same : fruits and again fruits maybe some flowers and on special occasions maybe little musk or wood . But let's think for a moment which perfumes made history ? I don't remember any modern perfumes they all look and smell the same miyake is like water the new vercace all the new high end perfumes are like duplicates on the other hand from my personal experience when I was wearing an oldie like rive gauche ysl or knowing Estée Lauder or poison I was always getting compliments and questions of what I was wearing . Of course a fragrance is a very personal thing and it plays with feelings emotions and mood fragrance is like an id but it's nice to leave something behind you . And why should we pay for a perfumed water that lasts in our skin for an hour ? Recently I'm wearing poison again and I was out for a drink and someone asked me what perfume i was wearing . I said poison , He replied that's how a woman should smell . I believe that's says all . A classic feminine perfume with a lot of mystery inside that dark bottle .

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by VeroniqueDubois

Darn. It has changed, indeed. Reformulated several years ago and not the same Welch's sweet grape juice original that I used to wear as a teenager in the late 1980s. Yes, the days of giant hair, no internet or emails, and not even cell phones (other than the uber-rich odd person who had a 3 pound foot-long one). I was hoping to smell Poison again and be catupulted back to clubbing to MC Hammer as strobe lights flashed and you hoped nobody would burn you with their lit cigarette. Or ignite all of the hairspray we wore on fire.

Sorry, gals of the 80's. This scent is no longer the same.

11 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This is to Christian Dior what Opium is to YSL - totally classic and nostalgia inducing. I love the smell although it's more of a winter smell. I would love to wear this again if I moved to a colder climate.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this for nostalgic reasons. My mother always had a mini bottle of this lying around the house and I'd always give it a little sniff now and then. So of course it reminds me of everything 80s and my childhood. I've tested many 80s fragrances lately and compared to those (and a lot of them smell the same) its different and not as dated or as typical of the decade. But you'd have to very brave indeed to wear this nowadays. Its pungent and in your face, I can't even describe the notes as it hits your senses to strongly to make anything out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, am new to this one and being a child of the 80s with a "made in USSR" birthday stamp, I probably got an accidental sniff or 2 of this stuff back then, because it does awaken a memory, a memory of being small and everything around - veery big. And the smell of Poison - even bigger. I waited out until I could get esprit de parfum at a bargain price off ebay ( since pure perfume is imho what a scent is actually meant to be ), and here we are, two 5ml dark purple bottles with glasstops sitting on my dresser, and I was almost calling my hubby to come and be on standby while I test it in case it levels me with the ground as soon as the first poison molecule pops out! What can I say, it is heavy artillery, but all complex scents are, so 3 golden rules for those, who want to learn to help it develop into a heavenly elixir instead of having a bulldozer effect on anything with a heartbeat in a kilometer's radius: 1) 2 DABS for dry skin, 1 DAB for oily like mine: then WALK AWAY from the bottle! 2) APPLY 30 MINS - AT LEAST!- BEFORE enetering an inhabited environment. 3) Apply on the hidden UNDER THE CLOTHES skin, not necesserily too far away - like the bottom of your cleavage for instance, or on the top "knuckle" of your spine just below the dressline. When these rules are observed, POISON will reward you in a most amazing way! The headache-inducing qualities dissipate after about half an hour, for some - after a full hour, and then the magic happens. This perfume needs to be applied in such small doses not even because it is so strong - it just has the expanding multifold effect and it needs you to give it a vast room to do so, and then, like a smoke cloud after an explosion, after booming out, it gathers itself again and then sits tight around you, but not too tight, so when you walk, a whiff of it will still reach the chosen target. :) I cannot imagine what a post-chemical war effect this scent could have if one - GOD FORBID!! - sprays it! When done right, this is a femme fatal perfume, incredibly alluring and it doesn't loosen its grip once it catches attention. A very powerful weapon in knowing hands. I will use it purely for seduction: the best scent for the task.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Drigsby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

@Post below: Please write perfume reviews for a living <3

Sampled this in the store. Very creamy, chill, vanilla scent. Absolutely delicious! My favorite of the poisons,

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rosademarzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This perfume lasts on you like no other (I've ever tried), be it Chanel's Chance or the other Diors (even in its EDT version). Good value also for this reason: no need to reapply like other equally expensive ones. Got it as a gift recently and wearing it (over again) happily. I don't think that "fashion" or "tendencies" apply to something as personal as a perfume. Good scents are immortal. Strong stuff, use it carefully.