November 23, 2014 | 1892 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I usually use the normal, unscented version of this lotion, but I am running out of it, so I decided to try this. Aveeno makes great skincare products, so I knew that I would love this! In the store, I smelled the lotion and it smelled similar to baby lotion or something, but I bought it anyway. It is made with lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang, so these things are what give it a unique scent. When I got home and applied it after my shower, the smell reminded me of a fabric softener and not baby lotion. Once it sinks into the skin, the smell fades and leaves a light scent, but it's hardly noticeable. It's on the pricier side when it comes to lotion, but Aveeno lotions are the only kind that work on my skin to get rid of this white patch on my arm. This lotion and the unscented oatmeal one in the green-ish bottle are amazing lotions and I think this one really does calm me down and helps me relax after a day of work. I work at a nail salon and it can be stressful at times, so I really like this lotion for that reason. I'm usually bothered by scented lotions, but this scent is perfect. I like how the smell fades on the skin because overly scented lotions give me a headache. Go buy this lotion now because it's heavenly!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this lotion. That's about it.

I had emailed the brand company - Johnson and Johnson, to ask about the ingredients source (concern over animal ingredients) and I received a reply asking to call an 800 number and give the reference. That is just ridiculous - that they'd rather not put anything in writing. There is NO transparency and that worries me about what is in this lotion.

Isopropyl palmitate is comedogenic and a concern ingredient for the rain forests. Google isopropyl palmitate and orangutans.
That's not to say that other lotions do not have this ingredient or have a halo around them but I disliked the reluctance of Aveeno to share the ingredients source - animal or plant!

The lotion is ridiculously expensive as well, given that the ingredients are so common and cheap.

Now if only this scent were available in one of the natural lotions like Alba Botanica or EO, that would be awesome. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lotion and wear it every day. It absorbs quickly and never, ever feels greasy. The smell is amazing...almost reminds me of laundry fresh out of the dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this lotion is a bit on the expensive side but it goes a long way and is worth the buy. it smells really lovely and feels nice on the skin. i like to put this lotion on right before bed as the scent is relaxing and makes my skin feel extremely soft. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Danie5839

I bought this on sale at CVS one day. They had a special 2 for $7. I absolutely love the smell of it and it really does relax you after a hot shower. The only reason I wont give it 5 stars is because the scent does not last long and it takes a while to absorb, however leaves your skin super soft. Will definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by aer1002

I don't have a problem with the smell, and I think that it does moisturize for the most part...my only problem comes from the deodorant-like marks I get on my clothes from this lotion....even hours after drying. I haven't seen any other similar comments, so maybe it's just me, but I wish it didn't smear white marks on my outfits!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Jencat85

I'm pretty surprised about all of the positive reviews this is getting! The scent actually made me feel nauseous the first couple times I used it... so strong... And even worse than that, my skin just felt suffocated and like I had a layer of wax on! It's like it never absorbed and just sat there and was so sticky! My clothes were even sticking to my skin... And it lasts all day. I've tried it a fair amount of times...I thought maybe it was the humidity in the air the first couple times I wore it, but nope it's really just that bad. Definitely would not recommend or purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by jessica523

I made the mistake of putting this on my face, and it completely made me break out. After reading some reviews saying how it's not so great for the skin on your face (and my bad experience with it), I certainly won't make that mistake again...
But I also haven't seen one single bad review about this product, so I am really excited to try it on my body as a post-shower moisturizer. I've used Aveeno products before and have loved them, so I am hoping this one works well for my body too.
Also, I love the smell of it! It is not too strong, and it is so soothing and light.

UPDATE: I've used this for a couple weeks now on my body and I like it, but it took time for me to figure out where to use this and where NOT to use it. It works wonderfully on my legs and arms, but it broke my chest out. The smell is great, and it doesn't linger. It leaves the skin on my legs so soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its not the best moisturizer out there but it does a decent job. I don't think it really helps with stress but I still like the light texture and smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this scent! I'm not a huge fan of lavender fragrances, so I was iffy on this, but it doesn't smell like lavender at all! Has a very nice floral scent that lingers all day. Makes my hands super soft. The big bottle will last quite a while!