October 24, 2014 | 1606 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Full Definition Voluminous

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Messy! It says on the package that it doesn't clump, but it actually clumps pretty badly. The brush holds way too much product, especially the tip of the brush. I gave it 2/5 because it stays in place fairly well for a non-waterproof product without bleeding or raccoon eyes unless it gets damp. I've also found that when applying this product, it easily smears along the upper lash line. I am careful not to let it come in contact with my skin, but it ends up there anyway. I have not used it much on the lower lash line because of the large brush, so I can't comment on that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This mascara did not look good on my lashes. They were clumpy and spidery. I had to comb through my lashes to make this look ok. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I was never a fan of the original Voluminous. It was a clumpy, gross, hot mess on me. But this one? Holy cats! It builds length, volume, and definition. I can use multiple coats without it getting clumpy and gross. This stuff is the bee's knees!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What can I say about this. There isn't a lot not to like. I used to be a high end mascara snob because I felt that it performed better than any drugstore mascara that I could find. So I got away from it. I had used Lancome Definicils for years and then switched to Dior Blackout and used that for years. However, I go through mascara pretty quickly and wanted to find something that I would love that would hurt the purse a little less. So I happened upon this. I find that this is almost a dupe for my Dior and I do use this mascara more than my high end ones now. The formula is just right in my opinion. Lasts all day. It's fairly easy to get off and is pretty easy to work with when you apply it. The finished product is beautiful. As I say with all my mascara reviews, I have naturally long lashes, so I don't need something that lengthens. I like to get mascaras that add volume. So with this I do get a soft voluminous effect and I get tons of compliments on how great my lashes look when I wear this. People who know me know that I always used expensive mascara so the looks of utter shock and surprise when I tell them what it is is quite amusing. I hate mascara that clumps and flakes. This doesn't have terrible flaking when it's new. I find that I actually get some clumping and flaking as it gets a little older, which is how I know it's probably time for a new one. But at that price, I almost don't care if I am not quite all the way through the tube yet. I keep a spare in the house at all times and I have probably gone through about 5 tubes of this already. This is my favorite mascara to travel with. I brought this with me to a week long trip to Savannah, GA in July and with the heat and humidity, it held up amazingly well. So much so that I took it to the Dominican Republic with me the following April. After a night of dancing and heat and sweating, again, it didn't let me down. I rarely like to travel with my expensive cosmetics for fear that I will lose, damage, or maybe it gets confiscated somehow. I have heard horror stories! I know I would be pretty mad if I was out nearly $30 on a tube of mascara! So this takes the stress out and it does what it's supposed to with a really convenient easy to handle price point. I will definitely keep repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is awesome! Before I tried this, I would ONLY use Fresh's Supernova mascara, which I love, but it is expensive. This L'oreal mascara is a fraction of the price and does a great job. It gives fullness and length, and doesn't clump that badly at all. Definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by giginicole

I adore this mascara! It makes my lashes bold without making them look spidery, clumpy, or harsh. They still have a soft appearance, while being super dark, thick, long, and separated. I feel like this creates the illusion that I have way more lashes than I have, rather than clumping them together into fewer ultra-thick lashes.
I have very dark hair and fair olive skin, and I like my lashes to be super black, and the color Blackest Black gets the job done well. I have repurchased this time and time again, and it may be my all-time favorite mascara! At a drugstore price, it is so worth it to give it a try... I hope this was helpful!
I feature this mascara in a haul and I do a quick review on it (and other products)! If you're interested, I'll post the vid here:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:22:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I don't know how this mascara received such bad reviews as I experienced just the opposite. My first time ever using a Loreal mascara and it actually did what it promises. Volume loaded lashes. No flaking over the course of wear and fairly easy to remove as well. I could definitely make this one a repeat buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Garbage. I'm not going to lie.. I bought this cause it was $6.72 and I am usually pleased with the L'Oreal products.

Mistake. This mascara shouldn't be sold. Period. The ill designed brush is the worst I've ever used and the mascara just cakes onto your lashes.

If I happen to accidentally brush my eye or have a nap...this smudges. This does not happen with the L'Oreal Telescopic mascara (waterproof or not).

If you want to buy a piece of garbage...please buy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ash10twenty

Volume, length, and separation. It won't make your lashes crazy huge, but it makes them look clump free, and very even,like a strip of false lashes. I really like how well it separates your lashes, and it holds a curl well.It's not very popular, but I've tried A LOT of mascaras, and this is definitely in my top 10. When I wear it, people ask me if i'm wearing fake lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a forever fan of the Voluminous mascaras. They never seem to disappoint. This one being the first one I ever tried (years and years ago) I always seem to repurchase it out of them all. Now, it doesn't give my short lashes much length (not that it's suppose to) but it does give them a dark color, definition and some volume and with a few coats it gives a great look. Price is amazing! I am a mascara junkie (can't leave the house without it - so I go through the tube quite quickly) so it doesn't hurt my wallet to repurchase this gold gem.