September 1, 2014 | 1921 users online

Hair Treatments - Goldwell - Soft Color Foam Colorant

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by lavaberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

excellent for enhancing my colored red hair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Ambystoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really nice - I have level 6 warm brown/auburn hair that is very sunbleached at the ends and lengths (plus a few highlights from when I was trying to match the naturally light ends last winter) to a lovely rusty copper, and I wanted something to warm up the darker winter growth while adding brightness to the rest without using a permanent dye. I tried 7kg (copper gold) and it's perfect! The colour is much more even now and quite rich and pretty. The best thing is that it matches the natural tones in my hair instead of being too cool toned like a lot of reds around. I only had to use half the can on medium thick waist length hair which was nice as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh Jesus-Hairy-Christ this stuff is SO GOOD! I have red hair. Vibrant 6RO red hair (think of the color of a brilliant red glass of wine). When it fades, it's kinda a drag. I debated leaving it, since the up-keep was so expensive and it faded so quickly! This really brings back a brilliant, vibrant red color. I bought it in 6R (Mahogany) per recommendation of my stylist, and I could cry I am so happy. This was $15 for the bottle and I believe it will last me 3-4 applications (I have long hair). This is absolutely a-ok too, because I've used it every other week, except for a week when I go to the salon for a full touch up, which I do once every 2-3 months, depending on root re-growth and how much my color has faded. Since using this, it'll be closer to the 3 month mark. When I use this, my color looks as fresh, vibrant, and shiny as when I leave the salon. It lasts a few washes. I should do it every week, but every other week is just fine so far. The fading is not so bad. With this stuff, I can wash my hair daily (if I want) and still have the red hair that I love so much. To use, I usually wash my hair, hop out of the shower, wear gloves, apply, and leave on for 15 minutes. During that 15 minutes I usually will groom (pluck my brows, clip or file nails, etc.). Red heads: You will LOVE this stuff. Thank you, Goldwell, for making toning an easy things to do at home, and thank you for an effective product!! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I couldn't keep my hair blonde without this can of gold. This stuff is magnificent. Without this my hair would be a brassy mess, but using it every three washes ensures my hair is the light blonde colour that looks just as it does after I get my hair professionally done. I have it in 10V (Pastel-Violet blonde) and for $15 AUD a can, you can't complain. The best thing about it is that it doesn't damage your hair and my hairdresser even told me it contains conditioning properties! I usually leave it in for half an hour which is the maximum recommended time because it can turn the hair purple, but even if that were to happen, using an anti-dandruff shampoo would get it all out. Can't go wrong with this mousse! Love it lots.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by MissRini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product that I'm always telling people about! It can be used as a toner for blonde hair (10P and 10V are the best), or can be used for quick root blending in between colourings. I have blonde hair and use both the toners and 8N to stain my white roots and blend them in to the rest of my hair. It does not damage your hair at all and gradually washes out. In fact, I'm thinking of using only this for a few months and giving my hair a break from oxidative colours. LOVE it. It's a pretty simple concept for a product actually and I wonder why no other brands have come up with something like this?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Loielea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have lots of different colors in my hair...basic darker brown woven with copper and blonde. It's really pretty but the red fades so fast, even Goldwell. So, when I found this product I experimented by pulling a "frosting" of hair through the holes in a cap. It worked! The copper is intense and blends fabulously with the other colors and really brightens the whole thing. It lasts about 6 to 7 shampoos +. I sit under the dryer with a cap over the color for about 15 minutes or so. That sets it really well and my hair is so shiny and multi-dimensional. Hope this tip helps some of you with darker hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by chimmzy

I'm a natural blonde (typical swedish fine hair) and I recently dyed my hair dark brown.
You can see the growth after just a few days and it looks like I'm going bald which is making me crazy - I would NOT have survived without this EXCELLENT foam color to touch up between the visits to my hairdresser!
I'm using 5N which actually looks quite dark in my hair and it gives the exact natural, not to golden, brown shade I'm looking for.

It lasts about 10 washes for my just-past-shoulder-length hair, it's cheap, it covers up my new growth, it makes my hair really shiny and soft.
I leave it on for a lot longer then the recommended 5-15 minutes though, about 30-60 minutes, so you need patience to get a perfect result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for years now. It is one of the best on the market. It refreshes the colour in hair and also tones, adding warm or cool tones depending on which colour you buy. I used it when I was platinum blonde and now I'm back roughly to my natural colour (light brown/dark blonde), I continue to use it. The best thing is that they wash out and don't tend to stain the hair so if you end up with a colour you don't like it won't take too long and won't be too traumatic on your hair to get rid of it. Eliminates the need for toning shampoos and conditioners.
The shades I've used are:
10V (violet) - great for toning blonde hair and getting rid of orange
10P (pearl) - my absolute favourite for blondes, it makes hair a lovely ashy pearly colour
8N (neutral) - just makes hair a kind of beige colour, not too warm or cool
8G (gold) - adds gold tones to blonde hair, can be quite strong though
6B (beige) - adds a it of warmth and shine to light brown hair
5N (neutral) - again, it's neither warm nor cool, good for toning down warm shades but doesn't make brown hair too cool either.

It retails for about $21 from Price Attack in Australia. The can lasts forever (well on me it does, having short hair).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I buy this to refresh my haircolour between salon visits. My salon uses Goldwell colours so the benefits are that I can accurately recolour by using the correct mousse for my hair.

This does help stretch out the colour, and it does give a nice shine. However, I have to do this about once a week which is a bit too frequent for me. Also, I've got some greys and this doesn't colour them at all.

I'm thinking of trying a semi-permanent dye instead of the mousse. This is a bit too high maintenance for me, I'd probably prefer to do only once or twice between hair appointments.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome product. Using 10V and 10P to get rid of the redness in my once-highlighted now semi-permanent back to dark blonde hair. Leaves in good condition too, I add some conditioner when I rinse.