September 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Root Beer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nothing but nothing makes my green eyes greener than Root Beer. Does not show up as any real shimmer on me more on the matte side which I love. Just a really beautiful shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

RootBeer: officially this shade has been described as "shimmer" and it is. A very safe color to use during the daytime. Perfect transitional color. Over blending this color will cause the color to disappear.
The color of Rootbeer is best described as a marriage of brown milk, dash of gray, and a pinch of purple. Sheer- light medium wash of color.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Bountiful23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

On MY skin, this color comes off a little bit like smut, not Satin Taupe. Its a dark purpleish, brownish color. It gorgeous for a during the day smokey eye. It doesn't look like much in the pan, but it is gorgeous on. You may want to try it with a little bit of Brownscript above the crease. Its really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by BlueeyedSusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect brown with a touch of purple for us blue eyed women. It doesn't look like much in the container but anyone with blue eyes will notice their blue eyes pop when they use this shadow. The only problem I have is although the consistence is finely milled and pretty much perfect after it is about half used the shadow crumbles in the container causing waste, but it is so reasonably priced I just buy several at one time. Other than the crumbling and wastage it is on par with very expensive eye shadows I have used. This is a great everyday shadow when I don't want to spend a lot of time getting made up but still want to look good. I inherited puffy lids and using this from the crease slightly up toward my eyebrows and blending and then adding a little more at the outside edge above my crease helps define my eyelids and minimizes the appearance of puffiness. This shadow used to be sold at my local drugstore but now I buy it online. I can no longer find it locally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Iphegenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of my favourite eyeshadow colours! I apply it lightly during daytime and use a bit more for a nice smokey eye look. Pops out my green eyes nicely as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am sure the other reviews mention this, but NYX Root Beer is an almost-exact dupe of MAC Moth Brown, which is terribly HTF. I have swatched the two side by side, and while they look different in the pan, the payoff, color and finish are nearly identical. The difference is that Root Beer is far less expensive and not impossible to find. I find the quality of NYX eyeshadow singles to generally be on par with "mid-end" brands like MAC and Urban Decay, especially if you use a primer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by clojo

I really like the texture and pigmentation of this eyeshadow, it has a nice soft satin finish and blends beautifully.
It is quite a cool colour and swatches nicely on my hand, though once its on my eyes the colour pulls more towards gray than brown. Unfortunatly I much prefer warmer tones on me and have to be careful what I pair this with: too cold a colour and the whole look is wrong for me, too warm a colour brings out the ashy grayness more and makes it look wrong again.
Im so torn with this colour! maybe I will find its perfect mate one day. Any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by najuheeya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of my go-to eye shadow! when you are in rush, you can just put a primer and put this on top + blend you will look just polished! can be used for eye brows..overall, good price and packaging. It's also easy to blend. it's a definite must have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree wholeheartedly with the general raves for this shade. My favorite thing about it is the way it pops out the green in my hazel eyes. And the texture and blendability is to die for!! I know I'll be getting lots of use out of this shadow, and will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by theymightbejenny

I've finally found my HG crease color! Root Beer is a gorgeous med-dark brown with a hint of grey and a pink undertone. My skin tone is neutral but leans slightly cool, so this is perfect for me. Very warm toned people may find this pulls too grey for them, but on me it's the perfect neutral brown. It has a soft, buttery texture and is very blendable. It isn't an all-out shimmer/frost shadow, but does have a pretty sheen. The color payoff is great. It's very reasonably priced - about $4.99. The only problem I have is that NYX products can sometimes be hard to find. The only place close to me that carries NYX is my local ULTA - and they don't have the full collection, including this color. I found this at a Perfumania in an outlet mall which was about an hour away. NYX is readily available online, but they're swatches are garbage. So if you're a try-before-you-buy kinda girl, it may be tough to get your hands on. Other than that, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.