December 21, 2014 | 1591 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Purple

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I would buy this eyeshadow again because the shadow is very pigmented and has good staying power. I would, however, choose a different shade as this purple has a lot of red undertones and tends to make you look sick if you put too much on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Good price for the quality of the product and nice packaging too. The staying power leaves something to be desired, but when used with an eyeshadow primer it works just fine. The color is vibrant and fun. That being said, I do not think that this is a noteworthy product, hence the three stars.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay this is NOT purple! This is more of a violet/ magenta with strong pinkish undertones. I usually mix this color with a black eyeshadow (also NYX) and I get a dark purple color i was originally seeking. I won't repurchase because I don't like having to mix two colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My jar says 'purple' but this is not purple. It's straight up fucia/magenta. I don't know if it's how it looks in pictures, but what is pictured here is so not how mine looks. I was looking to replace my 'tanzanite' from Garden Botanica and this is more red than that one was, but a nice color. Oh yea, and it broke when I dropped it but the cases are cute :)

Since getting this I have picked up "Prune" by Nyx. Since they are slightly similar I thought I'd add a comparison: Prune is a nice purpley-pink wine plum color thats buttery and goes on well. It's not too dark or too light, though in the pan it looks lighter and pinker. It has a slight shimmer as do most of their shadows, but no chunky glitter or iridecence. "Purple" is more a magenta but it is actually brighter and in some lights, pinker than 'Prune' and it has more iridecence. I prefer Prune far more and still don't get how they call this color 'purple', though when I bought it, I was looking at the color not the name, and wanted a pinky-purple fuschia. It's just a little louder than what I was replacing and I don't wear it too often since pinks that lean on the bright side are harder to wear, imo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually by only high end, or mid level, like Clinique or Dior, and tried this out from Ulta, bought for pencils for $10! And got what I paid for, slid on and off my lid, was not pigmented, I am going back to Urban Decay.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by miaeva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice color and even nicest texture. Very easy to blend. One of my favorite nyx eye shadow. Try it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. It really is a true purple. It definitely makes my brown eyes pop when i wear This color. Super pigmented. I use it as an eyeliner. Love NYx eyeshadows! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by cSquaredFactotum

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

it says on the packaging 'purple' but it's more a pinky/purple colour that is not very pigmented. it looks alright over a black base and somehow i have hit pan on it, but i will not repurchase. it is not a true purple and fades quickly. if you're going for a more sheer pinky/purple than i think it's a great shadow, but other than that you can skip this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the hunt for purple eye shadows.Its so pretty in the pan,but once I put it on my eyes I look like I have pink eye yuck. I think this eyeshadow has pink undertones to it. I so wanted this eyeshadow to work. I thought this was going to be a true purple since it said on the packaging. sigh

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm gonna go ahead and burst everyone's bubble with my review. This shadow is not pigmented and does not show up as a "purple". It's more of a shimmery, almost fuschia colour with golden-like duo chromes and it is pretty chalky. I'm certain that all NYX are not like this, and I will probably purchase some others in the future but as for this one...

Overall Rating: (2/5) I'm giving this a 3 out of 5 because the colour in the pan is misleading from what it really is. It's chalky, and overall just not the best shadow I own. I own Covergirl eyeshadows that are better than this!

Price: (2/5) For what I payed at Shoppers Drug Mart, this was very overpriced! But since I live in Canada it is hard to find NYX products for reasonable prices.

Packaging Quality: (5/5) The packaging is sturdy and nice looking. :)

Buy Again: Probably not this colour, but I will be purchasing other NYX shadow colours.