July 26, 2014 | 1199 users online

Conditioner - TiGi - Bed Head Dumb Blonde conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlilyfeet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Well the name doesn't lie, it really made me feel like dumb blonde not that I think blondes are dumb and I hate stereotypes... I just don't understand the positive reviews for this stuff. I really really don't. I wouldn't even use it on my ends no matter how processed or damaged they are. First of all the smell is disgusting and very strong, second it goes on smooth and nice, so it tricks you into thinking it's a miracle product for your damaged hair. But then just wait until you try to pick your wet hair out with a big comb, LOTS of hair will be on your brush, and I mean LOTS...I'm used to regular hair fall out after a shampoo, but this stuff left my hair so brittle, so dry, so damaged, broke my hair off, and to TOP it off the crap made me break out in pimples around my jawline from where my hair rubbed my neck and face in the shower. I used this beastly reconstructor ( what a joke!) twice and both times it totally sucked and broke me out..Do not buy this EVEN if you find it on sale or whatever. I hate to think of anyone with damage from bleaching or dyes using this..Beware! .If you have damaged hair do a hair mask from Biolage, or try the 10 minute miracle stuff...even Aussies 3 minute miracle mask ( which is awesome by the way) is safer and way better for your hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by JMayes

I used this product a while ago and had a similar experience to many on here. I used this with the corresponding shampoo. I found the smell okay, not great. The conditioner itself was very thick so I used very little. I had to rewash my hair. This left a gross film that made my hair look and feel like I hadn't washed it for 5 days. My hair tends to be oily anyways so this added fuel to the fire. Gross. Couldn't even use as shaving cream to use it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by simplydeb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dont use if your hair is in good ir reasonably good condition or you will be left with an oily coating. I only use on the very very ends and then I rinse like mad. If I use it all over it feels awful like other people are saying. It is for damaged hair only really. It does absorb after a while and within a couple of hours I cant feel the coating at all. It had rescued my really dry ends.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ShellyAll

I bought the shampoo/conditioner combo at a salon for a decent price. Well no wonder. The shampoo does smell fruity and pleasant, then you get to the conditioner. It smells disgusting! Like it has been urine infused. On top of that, they both leave a gunky build up in my shower that I have to scrub off every time! That can only make one wonder what it is doing to my hair. I haven't been impressed with that either. The smell is so vile I couldn't use it one more day. So much for THAT deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used Dumb Blonde many times over the last several years. I think it is a great reconstructor, not necessarily a great conditioner. Dumb Blonde is packed with proteins to help strengthen bleached, damaged, over processed hair. It is truly not meant to condition already fairly healthy hair. I have a feeling many of the negative reviews are from people not using it for the proper reasons. I usually use Dumb Blonde every other week and deep condition after and I always have good results. If your hair is very damaged, or tortured as mine is, give Dumb Blonde a try. If your hair is in fair condition, stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynzigzag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. I die my hair black every two months( roots) and sometimes my ends are very dry this stuff puts lots of protein back into my hair . But don't use it everyday. It's to strengthen not hydrate so don't expect your hair to be like velvet. It's for those of us who have broken split ends or raw hair from chemical treatments.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by natashahelena

Okay this is my first review on here. I have been reading for years. I have never been so disgusted with a product I have purchased in my life. DO NOT BUY THIS SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER!!!!!

I only bought this because I am a licensed Cosmetologist and it was on sale for $3.50 a bottle at the salon store. Not even worth that price. I have been using it about a week now and could not for the life of me figure out why my hair has been feeling so AWFUL.
I thought it was my Purology mousse so I switched back to Matrix. Hair still felt like greasy straw. I thought it was my Kerastase Elixor so I stopped using that. Still felt like straw. Thought it had to be my Big Sexy Hair powder play or dry shampoo so I stopped that as well. STILL FEELS LIKE GREASY STRAW. I am sitting at work disgusted at my hair I cannot wait to get off work and buy a different shampoo/ conditioner. When I wash the conditioner out of my hair I thought it felt strange .. so gross.

I will never ever trust this company again for selling such an awful product. $1.99 Suave works 10x better than this stuff. So disappointed, but at least I didn't spend the money most of you did. Feel sorry for you all. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Please see my corresponding review for the matching dumb blonde shampoo (click my username to see my other reviews). I dye my hair blonde and needed a shampoo to care for it since it was beginning to get damaged. This worked for about three weeks until it got too heavy for my hair (which is thin) and I had to abandon it. I'm giving it to a friend now because it is a waste. The conditioner is soooo heavy it literally coats your hair and feels like it never washes out. I would not recommend this to anyone with thin or fine hair. It also made my hair really greasy, I had to wash my hair every day to keep it looking nice. Now I used LOreal ever pure for color treated hair and it's wonderful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by LolaStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What IS this stuff!? Nothing like shampoo and conditioner, that's for sure. I had really high hopes. A few months ago I bleached and dyed my black hair light blonde and it was so dried and fried. I have been using all the repairing products I can find and it's slowly getting back to normal. I thought this stuff would be great, I have used Superstar, Urban Antidotes and Brunette Goddess by TiGi and have really liked them all. The liter combo pack was on mega sale at my local salon for $25 so I went ahead and bought it. The conditioner smells like... Well, my fellow MUA'ers have said cat urine and they're not wrong. It's deeply unpleasant. It's also a weird sticky consistency, which makes sense as to why when it went on my hair it turned it into a sticky waxy mess. It doesn't rinse out well and when my hair was dry it was just a mess. Waxy, impossible to brush, just absolutely disgusting! I'm not one to write bad reviews and I was really sad it was so horrible, but save your money and buy something different.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Chelce

I recently purchased this product after over bleaching and dying my hair multiple times. (as in... I couldn't make up my mind on a color so once a week I was bleaching or dying all over) I do not recommend this product as a daily conditioner.... Instead I use it as a deep conditioning treatment. I leave it on anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours. This product makes my hair unmanageable if I don't also deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. The product smells AMAZING though, and I do recommend it if you're looking for a quick 'fix' after over processing your hair.