Aquage Straightening Ultragel

on 5/29/2013 12:31:00 AM

I have to say, from reading all of these rave reviews, I was quite dissapointed after trying this multiple times. This isn't terrible, but I was expecting a lot more for the price & brand of this product. This did not really help in making my hair easier to straighten, this pretty much made my hair a little shiny & didn't really do much more. Iam dissapointed with this, especially because I really like the shampoo from this line. I would not reccommend this if you really want good results when using a flat iron, & I would not pay this high price for the quality of this. As you can probably guess, I will not be buying this again. I have used much better products that work 10x better than this, which are cheaper as well. I gave this a rating of 3 because this didn't make my hair worse, but it didn't make it look better either. If I could, I would give this a 2.5, but I was nice enough to round it up to a 3.

on 10/11/2012 1:13:00 AM

This is all non water-soluble silicones, parabens, fragrance, and proplene glycol. Crapass ingredients. The silicones will build up your hair and make it look dull after awhile.
The Aquage spray also has a drying alcohol. I don't like this company anymore.
This product makes my hair shiny and soft, but if you want healthy hair in the long term don't use this.

on 5/18/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Great product. A bit pricey but a little goes a long way so it last forever. Cuts back on my drying time exponentially and makes my hair easier to work with and more manageable.

on 9/21/2011 9:34:00 AM

The product, itself, is a amazing. Put it in the hair and get the hair dryer with a round brush, and it comes out silky straight and nice.

It smells better than most hair serums, and it feels less tacky than others. It really does smell a little like sea water or salt, or something.

I gave it a 3 for price because I don't know if I believe it's worth $20 per 7 ounces. There are many others that are just as good as Aquage and are half the price, so I gave it a 3 for price and packaging.

But the product, itself, is 5 stars.

on 5/1/2011 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My hairdresser suggested this product to me so I went out and bought it. First thing is it's quite expensive. This is of course expected because it is a professional quality product. The main reason I use it is because my hair tends to be a bit dry and I like to straighten it almost everyday. This product has helped significantly in the overall health of my hair. It also makes it extremly soft and shiny. I use about a nickle size and rub it through my hair and then blowdry. After I use a heat protecting spray and straigten it. Works wonders on my hair. The only thing is to be wary of using too much especially on the roots because it can make your hair extra greasy!

on 1/29/2010 9:45:00 AM

Another great product by Aquage! Makes my hair super soft and shiny! I don't know why I even bother trying out other brands because the Aquage line is fantastic! I have the travel size so I am going to get the regular size next time!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this! I have always had bushy, frizzy, dull hair. At my last haircut, the stylist suggested I use this as a heat protectant. I was a bit skeptical, as the package does not advertise heat protection, but on impulse decided to try it. I am so glad I did! It makes my hair so shiny and slippery, but doesn't get greasy or heavy. There is also much less frizziness. My hair is completely different now... It's the hair I always wanted. I wish I had known about this product sooner. It detangles, adds shine, decreases frizz, straightens, and adds manageability. True HG.

on 1/11/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've repurchased this 4 times. My HG product, and I've tried lots of hair products from Fekkai, Matrix, Redken, Bumble, John Masters, TIGI, Paul Mitchell, Sebastian, Biosilk, etc. My hairstylist put just a small dab of this Aquage gel in my hair and it made my hair feel so HEALTHY and silky and smooth after she blow-dried it straight. I have thick, long Asian hair that is in between straight and wavy. My hairstylist also told me that I could put some of this gel in just-washed hair at night and let it airdry while sleeping. My hair came out completely wavy in the morning! If I use this gel and dry with a diffuser my hair comes out like smooth, shiny, just-been-to-the-beach waves. I use this gel every time after washing my hair for any type of hair style and I can't live without it.

on 8/27/2008 12:22:00 PM

I first tried this at the salon when my hair stylist used it in my hair. As soon as she blow dried my hair I could tell it was much smoother and easier to brush through. Without some product, my hair gets super poofy and frizzy. I bought a tube that day. It's pretty pricey for me, but I might buy it again. I guess I should add that it's also really not like a "gel," it doesn't make my hair crunchy or anything like that.

on 8/19/2008 5:14:00 PM

OMG, I wanted to pick up my hairdresser and kiss her when I was introduced to this product (and the rest of the Aquage line). This stuff works so amazing... it completely straightens, smooths, shines, and softens the most unruly hair. Buy it!!

Top Rated Aquage Products