October 26, 2014 | 1388 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Flamingo ES19

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Disappointed. I waited a long time for a Nyx sale, had a bunch of products in mind after extensive swatching. I'm sort of looking for a replacement for my Revlon Colorstay Mineral Eyeshadow, which I actually liked. Something beigey, brown and smokey pinks. I returned two, this one I kept, but I will have to see how it holds up after a few trials.

Update: I am liking this more and more. A subtle pink but gives an overall nice look. Compliments my tone well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by veiled89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is my favorite eye shadow. It is neutral, being that the base is brown. But it has a hint of pink, as well as lots of gold in it. On my olive skin tone and dark hazel eyes, it really shows up as beautiful. I can dress it up or down, depending on how much I put on and what other colors I use with it. Really a winner!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I love this eyeshadow, I haven't seen any like it! It's like a beige shade with lilac undertones and gold shimmer! It is amazing, really nice for every day! It's very smooth in texture and very pigmented too! I would recommend this to anyone because it's really affordable too :) Love!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cyens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A dirty pink with gold shimmer and a silky smooth texture. Looks great as a very light wash across the lid.
The gold shimmer on top of the pink just looks fabulous! This is one of my favorite eyeshadow. An absolute must for green eyes!

UPDATE: This is my second pot of flamingo. This product has been reformulated since my last purchase. The first batch I purchased was when NYX was first launched in Canada and the eye shadow was made in USA. The second batch I purchase was made in China ( p.r.o.c. ) and its definitely not the same! The new batch is more lavender than dirty pink, it has way less gold shimmer and the texture is super gritty compared to the old batch. I am super disappointed, because it was truly one of these eye shadows I wear all the time. I will ONLY repurchase IF I find a batch that is made in USA or S.Korea!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I thought this would be a perfect, everyday, nude eyeshadow to do a natural look, and unfortunately things did not work out that way.

It doesn't show up that well on me, but I should mention that I am NC42, so it may be that the color is too close to my skintone. So anyone within that range may also find it doesn't show up on them.

The thing that bothered me about this is that I was under the impression that this had a sort of gold undertone to it - but this had a grayish undertone to it and made me look really tired. 95% of the time, my goal in applying makeup is to look more bright-eyed and awake since I naturally have dark undereye circles - so I don't like spending my time covering them up with concealer only to have my eyes end up looking dark/tired anyways! If this is a concern of yours, consider yourself warned. However, anyone with a lighter skintone may find this useful in creating a subtle smokey eye.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by DianaBlackbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow did nothing for me. It was almost completely unpigmented with a hint of shimmer on. Nc30, 210 for reference. Oh well, toss.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by margritana

I expected too much of this eyeshadow, i thought it wpould be a unique pink/mauve/beige and it turn out to be a normal frosty pink. the texture is very chalky

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by geminigrafix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

To me this color is a very light beige with cool taupey undertones. I don't really see any hint of pink to this. Maybe in the pan but not on the skin. On me, this hardly shows up whatsoever. I am very fair skinned. I don't like this color, at all, it does nothing for me. I will probably chop it up and mix it with other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeshadow! I have been infatuated with duochromes for a long time, but this one is so gorgeous and complex. It's hard to describe it - I would say it's a rose-gold duochrome with hints of purple and taupe. Normally purple and taupe look horrid on my fair cool toned skin but because of the pinkish undertone this one works. I use it as a crease color and it matches well with a variety of other colors (pinks, oranges, golds, neutrals, etc). The only complaint I have is that I wish it were slightly more pigmented, because while it does show up on me I have to pack it on to get it to show up well in the crease. The closest color I have to this in my collection is Stila Shell, which is pretty similar except it is a bit lighter and has gold sparkles instead of gold shimmer. Maybelline CS lipstick in Pink Quartz would be the lipstick equivalent to this color. I have it and planning on wearing them together alot this summer. Love Flamingo and would def. repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by pinkandgreendotz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG!!! I LOVE this eyeshadow!! It's such a great color to have in your neutral/daytime collection! I'm fairly pale so this definitely shows up on me, but I think it would work just as well on darker skin tones. If you're looking for a traditional pink eyeshadow then I could see how you'd be disappointed, however this is just so gorgeous I don't see how anyone could complain! Pretty much this color just gives an awesome wash of a sheer pink over the lids with a spectacular gold-ish sheen. It's definitely one of my staple products, it's a terrific all over the lid neutral everyday color, while being more interesting and flattering than say a traditional champagne or taupe color. Also it's actually softer and easier to apply than some of my MAC eyeshadows!! I can't say enough about this product and I highly recommend it!