November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Sahara ES18

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by peipiephi

It's a very average, meh, product. It doesn't seem to do anything to my eyes when I apply it all over the lid and it's a bit too shimmery to use as a brow highlight. It just doesn't show up much. I'll probably use it up, but it'll probably be pretty useless the entire time. It has some potential as a face highlight though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

Dude. Did I seriously drop $15 on a mac eyeshadow like 2 weeks ago? I think I did and thank god I can return it since I got it from nordstroms because THIS $5 nyx eyeshadow blew my MAC eyeshadows out of the freaking water. For your information I bought honey lust from MAC and it sucks but that's a separate review.

I've been on the hunt for a champagne color to sweep all over the lid. This task is a lot harder than I thought it would be because most champagne colors are damn frosty and there seemed to be no happy medium between frost and light colors.

The hunt for my all over lid color is over for me :D! This perks my eyes up so well. My favorite eyeshadow combo is sahara over the lid with a matte medium brown shade in the crease. looks so lovely and I just can't get enough of it<3! Smooth and pigmented. love it. I'm not even tempted to get any MAC eyeshadows anymore since the quality of NYX eyeshadows have shown to be so promising.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by allisonboyd2011

Love this eye shadow! I have used it for a couple years, and I still have a lot left! At $5 a shadow, you can't really beat the price. I personally like their eye shadows a lot more than MAC's, because they tend to be creamier and have better color payoff. That's just me personally though. This color is a beautiful frosty light beige, but it does not give you the trashy 90's frost look at all haha. Try it! It looks great with other nude colors, as well as alone if you are going for a minimal look!

The only criticism I have is that these single eye shadows break apart REALLY easily. I've dropped a couple just on my counter (like a six inch drop from my hand to the counter) and they break apart super easily! But other than that they are great.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ericbubu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend had recently introduced to me makeupgeek.com to watch a bunch of makeup tutorials. The makeup guru there used a lot of NYX products which started to get my notice. Since I'm always skeptical on what I read/watch online, I don't trust just makeupgeek's review so I ended up looking up NYX products on MUA to see what other people thought.

After reading all the favorable reviews on MUA, I decided to give NYX eyeshadows a try since it's drugstore priced and if i didn't like it then I can just throw it away since it's cheap. One of my first NYX purchases was this eyeshadow in sahara.

I must admit it's a beautiful color to use as a highlighter. I use it for highlighting under my eyes, nose ridge and forehead. It's a perfect against my yellow-toned Asian skin. I haven't tried as an eyeshadow itself it yet but I don't think it would look nice on my eye lids just because I have mono lids and the shimmer would just make it look more puffy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this colour in a BOGO on Ulta and I checked MUA first before I bought it and I'm glad I did because I love it! I just did a swipe on my lid and it really brightened up my green eyes. I think this colour is really an eye enhancer for any colour eye. I can even use it as a full lid colour and it looks beautiful.

Shimmery but not too much and I had no fall out with it. In fact I used it with my naked basics and had more of a problem with the fallout from that then this. I am very impressed with NYX cosmetics their quality seems to be very good and the prices are excellent. Such a beautiful shimmery light color. Great for fair skinned girls and darker skin tones as you can use it to highlight.

Luv it and highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this after extensive swatching, and for some reason it comes out very bland color wise. Not very pigmented and basically looks like my skin with a little shimmer. I'm disappointed in all my purchases today. I wonder if it's the store or did Nyx change their formula? I kept this, but I'm not sure if I will in the long run yet. Will have to try it out some more.

Update: In the end I decided to keep this and the other ones I kept since. It is very faint but useful for some looks. I found that it's great for subtle highlighting under the brow and in the inner corners. Previously, I used a brighter gold that I do love, but I have been doing more neutral, subtle looks and this is a major help in that department. I use this a lot. I just got a neutral palette and there are a lot of other colors so idk that I'd need it anytime soon but what the heck, I'll put buy again because there really isn't anything wrong with it.

Update 2: I actually got a second one of this, since I found them for $1 during a sale. But when I took it home to compare to the old one, it doesn't look the same at all. It somehow swatches similarly, though the first one I bought was more pale muted beige with shimmer (like sand) and the second was darker, almost like a cedar mixed in and a lot more shimmery. Weird but whatever. I find Nyx consitancy to be REALLY off. Just thought I'd mention.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by catherinebcf

One of my favorite eyeshadows, period. Just a gorgeous very shimmery champagne beige-y color with absolutely buttery smooth texture and insane pigmentation. Similar shades would be MAC Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Stila Kitten, UD Sin (these aren't dupes necessarily, there is variation is the color - some more pink, some more gold, etc, but same overall concept). This stands up to or exceeds the best high end shadows out there, at a much lower price. I've made my last few purchases of NYX products through ebay - I was skeptical at first but you can get the products even cheaper than at ulta or other online retailers. Just find a power seller (the one I've purchased from is Joy's Cosmetics and she's great).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by SignMeUp

This eyeshadow just look like light golden grease on my eyelids. I dont like it at all. In fact, I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by ch4n

31 yo and totally m/u noob, so i don't spend on high end cosmetics, i read tons of review before i go 'ok let's go buy it', and im also cheap on makeup since i tend to spend more on skincare -and gadgets.

so, i was looking for highlighter for my NC25-ish skin. im asian, on the slightly darker end of NC25, super yellow undertone even i tend to burn under sunlight.i was looking for a highlighter because i just realized that i have high cheekbones after having them for 30years.what a dim wit.
I wanted the highlighter not to be glittery,or disco ball-y.it has to be yellow-toned,not beige/white/pink/silver/gold.i ended up with zilch.or not really, there was NARS Albatross, but i dont want to spend 36$ for just one product.
then i thought why not eyeshadow?e/s are cheap,so i can get more options.if it doesn't work,i can use it on my eyes.
so i get this from local online store.

packaging : well,i don't care enough as long as the lid closed well and i can hear that 'click'.nice enough with transparent lid/cap so i dont confuse it with my other NYX blushes.

shade/color/pigmentation : AMAZING.since when i put it on, i thought it was going to be an epic failure.but heck no.it is beautiful.it blends amazingly to my skin tone.it is not obnoxious or screams 'look at this shiny part'.it tends to be cream-ish with yellow/pale golden undertone on me, which is quite a steal.lasting power is amazing.it stays there until i clean it up.

how i apply this as highlighter: even im not sure this is interesting to read, but i applied this on my cheek bone,cupid's bow,and top of my eyebrow just a tiny little bit because my lids aren't that good.i use elf studio angled contour brush [thank you again MUA,this brush sucks for eyeshadow,but great to apply highlighter in areas other than eyes].

well , not bad for a noob .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mrsmacdonald

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is another NYX single eyeshadow I got to try the brand out. I like that it's a very neutral color on me. I use it on days where I'm going for a natural look.