NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve 831

4.5

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a mauve-brownish color. If I wear it on its own with my skin tone (nc35) it’s a more brown tone. My favorite way to wear it: I line my lips completely then I apply NYX soft matte lip cream in “Cairo” and I am left with a beautiful matte nude-mauve color and not to mention it lasts very long. I will continue repurchasing!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful! This is a dupe for MAC Whirl. Also very similar to MAC Beurre which is my entirely too expensive HG. My top 3 fave (non MAC) lip liners are by NYX (Pale Pink, Peekaboo Nude, & Mauve). I love NYX! Is such good quality for <$$$ gotta love that. Mauve is more of a nude than Mauve. I usually go for nudes about 98% of the time so this is right up my (MakeUp) Alley (haha), but this was a replacement for a lost NYX Mauve so yes I've rebought this & will keep buying this & other NYX lip liners. If MAC Soar, Whirl, or Beurre are your cup of tea check out NYX Mauve!

This has become my go to lip liner! It's very creamy and has nice pigmentation. Nice on its own but even better under a lipstick! Looking forward to buying more shades from this line.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Very nice natural looking liner. Just a plain mauve tone.
I use to fill in my lips as a natural looking all over color when I do not feel like getting too ready.
It is comparable to mac whirl.
It is too similar to my lip color so I probably will not buy again but it is a very nice pencil liner and looks nice on the lips.
I would purchase other shades in the future.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have pigmented lips so this lip liner made my lips look a strange blue/pink tint which was not flattering. I love NYX lip liners, but this specific one was not a match for me specifically.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

90's BABIES REJOICE!!! I adore this lip liner because of the versatility it possesses... More Brown than Pink lips are my favorite & with the right makeup looks so stunning💄 It's very similar to Whirl by MAC.
You can wear it simply by itself over the entire lips on top of chapstick.
It can be used as a liner for NUDE or DARK lips.
It looks great underneath lip glosses.
Your lipstick won't bleed out.

NYX Lip Liner in Mauve is such a steal at $4. You can pick it up at your local Ulta. It's a MUST HAVE.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice color, sleek design and a good product for the price you pay.

Compared to the lip pencils I've tried from MAC this one goes on creamier, but doesn't last as long. I tried wearing it with just a lipbalm on top, bit the lip pencil faded away in an instant. Due to it being quite creamy I feel like I have to sharpen it very often, and it's not a very long pencil to start with.

It's a great option if you're looking for a drugstore lip pencil. However I will try Whirl from MAC if I miss the color once I've run out, I feel like it's better value for money.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of NYX's lipliners. I love this shade, Mauve, as it works nicely alone or when paired under most of my lipsticks! It's creamy, smooth and the color just complements my skintone nicely which I was not expecting. I love it worn under Velvet Teddy by MAC or just by on it's own with a little lip balm on top. The ONLY thing I dislike is that it's not an automatic pencil, I just hate sharpening pencils because I always feel like I'm wasting product and I go through these pretty fast. If you can't find these in stock at your local Ulta, I definitely recommend buying these through Ebay because it's become so popular lately that I can never find them in stock.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Next to MAC lipliners, NYX has my heart. I cannot stress how beautiful the colors these lip liners come in are and for less than $5 but catch those Ulta 40% off deals, and you can get them for less than $2. STEAL! Mauve is one of my favorites in addition to Mahogany. It's affordable, long lasting, creamy (not as creamy as MAC though), and pigmented. It's funny how the 90s lip trend came about this year yet these lip liners have been there all along. Love!

I love all of the NYX lip liners, but mauve has to be one of my favorites. I'm very fair skinned and it comes off quite dark on me, but not too dark. I always pair it with MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick and it's a perfect match. The lasting power isn't amazing, maybe 4-5 hours if you aren't eating or drinking anything. These lip liners do transfer a bit as well.
Supposedly a dupe for MAC Whirl lip liner at a fraction of the cost.

Popular Lip Liners