November 26, 2014 | 1048 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Vinyl Glam [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Allidoll

Wow. Very mixed reviews, im surprised. I really like this prooduct it does what it says. It smells great at first but the smell wears off within a hour. Great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by natalieshusterman

This product is fantastic! I have extremely thick, naturally curly hair so my hair goes through plenty of heat styling to look tame. I use a few spritzes of this if I'm blow drying it and not using a flat iron. My hair not only looks shiny, but it feels softer and more natural because I really like that next day hair look. Overall, great product and it lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ShellyBooPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried really, really hard to like this so-called 'mega shine spray' but it just doesn't live up to my expectations. I've used many different shine enhancers over the years, at various price tags - this is one of the worst. I'm going to give it my sister, as it seems a pure waste and just too expensive to go and throw it in the bin.

I sprayed this upon my brunette tresses from arms-length to help avoid over-application, I sadly noticed no difference in the shine factor at all. So, then I thought to myself "I'll just spray a little bit more on" - oops! Bad idea. I quite easily ended up with a grease-laden, stringy, limp mess. Not exactly the lustrous locks I was after!

Packaging-wise, the pump-spray doesn't make for easy, even application (I think aerosol-type sprays are better) and I don't particularly like the smell. It smells too strongly of chemicals/alcohol, rather than something nice IMO.

And to top it off, one thing I hate in any hair product, when you brush your hair, it comes out like dandruff. Ew!

This product may be better suited to coarse, rather than fine hair like mine, as it's so easy to over do it, but I think there are a lot more effective products out there on the market for the same amount of pennies and less.

In summary, this product did not do anything beneficial for my hair and I will never repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the shine effect, it's not too much so it's easy to build up, depending on the effect you want. The product dosn't last very long, making it more expensive. I also wish that it came in an aerosol-bottle as the pump-spray dosen't work very well. You sort of get big shiny spots around the hair; and in order to get an more even application you have to spray down on your hair, which makes most of the spray hit the floor. So in conclusion: the effect is great, but it's a lot of work to get it, due to the awful bottle!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by moogagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think that 3.5 would be a perfect rating for this product and that I'd *maybe* buy it again...The price is rated lower because it lasted me over a year.
The shine factor is pretty good and the smell is wonderful! You have to be careful to not put too much in your hair though...it can get kind of stringy with too much. Also, after a year of using it, I finally figured out the the best way to apply is by spraying it on my brush then running the brush through from just above the ears down.
I think that I'll try to find something I like more, but I would probably buy this again, mostly because I love the smell so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Monica368

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wowers! I love this stuff! Its the first product that smooths my coarse hair with out making it look greasy. It has a soft pleasant smell which I also love. Very happy to have stumbled across this product, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by thekeeg

This is a great spray glosser! It doesn't weigh down my hair as much as serums do and I can get it all over my hair and distribute it with my brush. Spray it from kind of far away or it'll look greasy! It's fairly expensive and I wouldn't get it unless it was a sale. It's a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by callwood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally started using Vinyl Glam a couple of years ago, just on special occasions and loved it, gave my hair a great shine boost BUT about 12 months ago I started to use it every day, sometimes twice a day (I liked the smell, liked the effect). Over the year my hair simply got worse and worse. I went from having hair that everyone admired (I have, oops, had ☹, long, naturally curly-wavy hair that was soft and manageable), to incredibly dry, frizzy, wiry and dull, dreadful. At first I thought it was natural aging (44), more grey etc. I didn't connect it to the Vinyl Glam (in fact, used more to try and bring back the shine!) until I accidentally spilled some VG in my handbag. Well, among other things, my phone virtually disintegrated, the plastic peeled, the rubber cracked, it ate away at everything. It suddenly dawned on me that this is what was happening to my hair. I immediately stopped using VG. My hair was a lot better almost straight away, but the damage was so severe that even 2 months later it is still not back to how it was. So if you want to avoid a never ending bad hair day (9 months for me now), DO NOT USE VINYL GLAM, or, if you have to, only use very sparingly. To end on a positive note I can whole-heartedly recommend Argan Oil (from Garden of Wisdom in USA, or New Directions in Australia) it has finally pushed my hair towards real recovery great for the skin, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Swine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an HG for me. 1 or 2 sprays and it gives my hair exceptional shine. This is amazing -- I love it! And there doesn't seem to be any buildup, but I still clarify weekly just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by laurenash09

AMAZING (:
A hair product I couldn't live without.
It makes my hair shiny, silky, and smooth!