Chanel Satin De Chanel Golden Dream

on 8/25/2007 3:26:00 PM

This powder has been discontinued and I was able to obtain 2 slightly used ones. I like that this gives a subtle rosey/peachy glow without one really knowing that it's there. It seems best applied with a powder puff, pressing the powder onto the face and then dusting the excess off with a big fluffy brush. To use the brush that came with it wastes too much product. I rarely need to brush extra off as it seems to almost melt into my skin. Chanel has come out with similar powder products since but this one just works great. I will cherish this while I have's great for making me look fresh even when I feel YUCK!

on 2/24/2004 1:31:00 AM

This pale golden peach shimmery powder does impart a soft glow to the skin, but I experienced the same chalk-residue problem as other reviewers.
The powder does not seem to be as finely and evenly milled as I expected it to be, which is very disappointing for a Chanel product. The packaging and presentation is stunning as per Chanel's usual aesthetic standards, but the quality of the product does not make it a worthwhile purchase.

Stick to Guerlain Meteroites and Becca shimmer powder for better alternatives.

continued >>

on 2/18/2004 10:45:00 AM

fabulous, I love the shade, the feel and the scent. It makes your skin look like you are in candlelight!

on 2/10/2004 3:03:00 AM

No, it's not a coverup, more like a light fall of snow, reflecting the rosy glow of dawn on your just kissed face. The alternate color is a bluer pink which makes you look like a porcelain doll or a blushing geisha. Both colors smooth out the complexion and give it an unreal glow. With dramatic makeup, you'll look like you should be dating an elfin Orlando Bloom from Lord of the Rings. With daytime natural lips and eyes you'll get people asking you, "Did you just get back from vacation." Fabu.

on 12/31/2003 3:31:00 PM

I just bought this powder at Saks. The price was crazy!!! $50! I really liked the slight shimmer in the store. I will have to use it a few times to decide if it's worth the $$$$$$$$. Update: This is not a coverage powder, it's more of a shimmer powder. My face seemed to glow after putting it on. I think I really like this stuff.