August 2, 2014 | 1609 users online

Hair Treatments - Korres - Shea Butter and Vitamins Nourishing Hair Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this on sale, so decided to test it out - I typically use home-made hair masks.

I have henna-dyed hair that is quite dry from non-henna dyeing treatments. I sometimes get flaky scalp, so the idea that this was a mask for both the hair and the scalp was appealing to me. I put it on towel-dried, washed hair and allowed it to absorb for the recommended time (3-5 minutes) and rinsed it.

The smell is definitely something you either hate or enjoy. I personally dislike it. As far as moisturizing my scalp goes, this product did an okay job, put putting it on throughout my hair, from roots to tips, meant that the middle part of my lengthy hair was quite heavy and unpleasant. It did moisturize the hair as well, but it seemed that even after a lot of rinsing, there was still a lot of product weighing down my hair. Even when I just used it on the tips, the post-rinse, post-dry feel was not heavy.

Plus the scent being unpleasant, was not something I wanted to have on my hair.

I'll continue to use up the product but won't be buying it again. Not worth it - you use quite a lot if you have long hair, and it's an expensive product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Mzunga

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best thing I've ever used on my hair. I have long, thick, wavy hair, and no salon treatment has ever done half of what this does for my hair. I've been a fan for years.

My hair is shiny, soft, without being heavy or limp. AMAZING.

When you put it on the hair, it absorbs so quickly, you think it's not doing anything. But when you rinse, you can't believe what happened.

I use it once a week, and it keeps my blowdried hair looking beautiful. If you buy one product for your hair, buy this....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by fallinghair

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too wanted a silicone free conditioner. So I order this. I'm in the US so it was an international order form the UK. My first indication that it was not going to work for my hair was that it has absolutely no slip. I usually detangle with my deep conditioner. I had to use a ton of this stuff to get it to work into my hair. The 2nd indication was that it made my hair feel dry, while it was wet, if that makes sense. The third negative is the scent. It smells like men's cologne. Really! How did Korres think that this would work for women.

I rinsed my hair after sitting under a heating cap for about an hour. My hair felt gummy. Maybe it was over conditioned. The scent was sickening. I don't want to use it again but I paid a lot for it. So I guess, I'll mix it with another conditioner. BTW the entire Korres hair line has been discontinued. They are revamping the entire line. They must have read the bad reviews. Note: I have natural African-American hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by nordavind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was searching for a silicon-free treatment to moisturize my dry and colored hair. I like shea butter and I was enthusiastic to find a mask designed to nourish both hair and scalp. Iíve used it generously twice a week for 3 weeks, leaving it on my hair with a towel up to several hours. Despite the heaviness of the product, my hair was drier and frizzier than ever. My sensitive scalp reacted quite badly too, it worsened its itchy and flaky condition. I also find the fragrance unpleasant, it smells like cheap shaving cream. Now Iím using it as a conditioner to finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by hairpool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use in dry hair and left it for about an hour and the result is just unbelievable. Almost a miracle.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by lydiag22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for about a year - once a week to deep condition. My hair was softer, shinier, it felt and looked healthy. I live in Utah where it is super dry - and I color my thick/wavy hair. I didn't mind the scent - nothing horrible, nothing fabulous. But who cares, as long as I like the results, I can handle just about anything (except Mario Badescu Drying Mask haha)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by annedill

Awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Kiyone26

I have fine, colored, drish. I hate the packaging!! I love this mask! It def doesn't give slip but my hair felt really moisturized after using this for 25 minutes w/heat. I will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by popkins

This conditioner does not have a lot of slip, but it certainly does the job. Actually, it does the job MUCH better than so many conditioners that seem so full of promise . Lots of conditioners make your hair feel slippery and soft during the shower experience, giving you false hope that your hair will be silky and sleek afterwards, but then, alas, they don't deliver on that promise. This conditioner does not do that. It actually feels sorta dry when I'm combing it through my hair. I leave it on about 3-5 minutes, and after I rinse, my hair is smooth, shiny, and strong, and that's what counts. My hair is very unruly, dry, curly, and fine, and fried and colored beyond recognition. This makes it so soft and shiny, and I can easily style it. It even looks like normal, healthy hair, not cotton candy (believe me, some conditioners do make my hair frizz out and look like cotton candy....) Fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by snowflake822

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this hair mask for 2 months and I use it once a week. I color my hair and I live in Arizona so my hair gets really dry. I love how soft and healthy my hair feels after this mask. I shampoo my hair then get out of the shower towel dry my hair put the mask all over my hair and scalp I leave it on for 15 minutes it says you leave it on 3-5 minutes but I leave it on longer since my hair is extremely dry. My hair styles great after I use the mask. I have my husband using the mask too!! He loves it he has a really dry scalp; he gives him self a scalp massage with the mask. His hair has never felt better and his scalp isn't dry any more. The only negative is you have to use a lot of the product it's not that thick so it doesn't last very long.