October 25, 2014 | 887 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiehl's - Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice general body wash but you would do better buying any brand of Dr. Bonners Organic Castile Liquid Soap. It's a lot cheaper and you get more ounces and it has so many multitasking uses for the one bottle . The Kiehls brand is nice but a bit runny and thin for my taste and the scent is not really strong. Kinda over priced in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by karljohan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Refreshing and cleanses well. It help to control my body acne and does not dry out my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product! I'd read the reviews here so I knew it was going to be thin and watery (I live in the wop wops and had already ordered it online) but forewarned is forearmed (as they say) and since I always use a sponge in the shower that isn't a problem. A much bigger disappointment is the very faint smell, which is so slight that it's hardly there at all!

To be honest if I didn't know it was meant to be grapefruit I'd have a hard time telling you what the smell was supposed to be and it certainly doesn't linger on my skin throughout the day - which is a real shame. I was hoping for a sharp fresh citrus buzz to wake me up in the morning, which this product definitely does not deliver. Obviously I won't be buying it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by coldhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be a wonderful cleanser - the formulation has changed significantly since then. The previous formulation was very gentle but the new one lists sodium laureth sulfate as a primary ingredient; SLES is a cheap, harsh, drying and potentially toxic detergent that should be avoided. This is especially disappointing given the relatively expensive price of the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this scent. It is a very fresh, true grapefruit scent that is subtle, but still very noticeable. The shower gel itself is very cleansing. It foams slightly. It's perfect for summer and after exercising.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am not a big fan of this grapefruit shower gel/liquid. Firstly, it doesn't have that refreshing grapefruit scent as I expected. It's rather subtle. Secondly, the texture of the product is very thin and runny, therefore I found it hard to foam up with my hands before applying to my body. However, it is a gentle cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by kz59

Bought this since I love everything grapefruit, and it's a real disappointment (tester in the store smelled fine, so this is either an old batch or they enhance the testers). It smells barely of grapefruit, and vaguely of plain castile soap. Lathers OK, but the liquid is very runny, so it won't sit in the palm of your hand while you lather, but will run down your hand and between your fingers. What a waste!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by lovelyhazel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap is my new HG body soap for several reasons. First, some skin background: I am a little bit dry in the winter, and have sensitive skin, and also have little red bumps on the backs of my arms (Keratosis Pilaris).

This soap has helped all of that! It is gentle, smells incredible (very lightly grapefruit scented - not overly citrusy and doesn't last long, just enough to cheer me up when I smell it!), and non-drying. Also, most importantly, continued use has completely gotten rid of the bumps on my arms!!! This makes it HG for me. I am not sure why this has happened, if it's the fruit acids in the soap or what, but by the time I finished my first bottle (I use it liberally) the bumps were all gone! There is a little redness still, but the bumps are completely gone. Will repurchase forever and ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of this line of products and of this product in particular. The grapefruit scent is super-subtle and refreshing, it lathers great and is moisturizing but not greasy. It's pricey, but it doesn't take much so the bottle lasts a long time. Great stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by lisalily24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This does not smell anything like grapefruit. Trust me I know. That was my first disappointment. I don't know what to describe the smell as. It lathers up too much and it's really thin in consistency.