September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - HEMP Foot Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by dayangmahanij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love tbs hemp foot protector so much! I bought this because my feet are too dry and the skin area near with the ankles esp, is darkening. And, I have bad blisters because of wearing shoes daily and both of my small toenails are discolored and extremely dry. I apply it every night on my feet and the result is amazing. It works in conditioning my feet as well as my small toenails. it moisturizes my feet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another member of the fantastic hemp family of products from the Body Shop - I already loved the hand cream (see my reviews) and had to try this properly after receiving a mini version in a Christmas gift set. I'd accumulated the saddest case of burst blisters and hard skin on my feet (apologies to anyone currently eating while reading this!) from a day of wearing new Primark boots - what was I thinking? Anyway, the foot problems needed to go and I gave this a try!
The full size product is 11 from The Body Shop, expensive but can be bought cheaper with the occasional voucher in the newspapers or store offers over holidays. It comes in a big plastic tub which isn't as messy as you'd think as the creamy product is more solid than runny. It does have the same scent as the hand cream which many people seem to hate - personally I don't mind it - but surely when this goes on your feet it shouldn't be an issue as it's not strong and you should be washing your hands after anyway!
Every few days I cover my feet in this product before going to bed and wear cotton socks over the top, leaving it to work overnight. When I wake up my feet are baby-soft and ready for another busy day of walking around in (much comfier) boots.
I'd recommend this to anyone who's managed to trash their feet through walking, weather or poor choices of footwear to bring their abused skin back to normal again. If they're in a true state this can be applied to clean feet morning and night for a few days, then just at night when needed. I feel 11 is slightly high as the pot can too easily be used up fast, though as mentioned The Body Shop release some good offers every so often through a variety of outlets - take advantage and stock up! If you're interested in the wonderful hemp hand cream as well please check out my other reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have somewhat dry feet, so when I saw this product for sale I decided to give it a try. Plus, the shop assistant told me that hemp is the most moistorizing ingredient they have, so this came with me!
It's a 100 ml jar, which maybe isn't the most hygienic packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. What annoys me is the scent! It's quite strong and herby, I knew hemp was some sort of plant, but I didn't know which one. When I read on the ingredients "Cannabis Sativa" I was a bit shocked, but I guess that explains the smell lol.
Now, this product works well at moisturizing my feet but it isn't a miracle worker. It's best to put it at night with cotton socks, your feet will be so soft the next morning!
Overall, I give this product four lippies because it works well and I got it at a good prize (it cost me 5). I honestly think the retail price, which is 10, is a bit expensive, so I wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on sale.
Also, if you're very sensitive to smells, I recommend to have a sniff in the store. Personally it doesn't bother me since it's on my feet, but I have to wash my hands asap because it's really annoying to me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best foot cream i've ever used, it makes my feet so soft and supple but I can't stand the horrible hemp hippy smell and it's so strong. I will continue to by it just because its works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by twolunarspring

I spent seven months travelling around Australia a couple of years ago - and I spent most of that time barefoot. I smothered this on every night before bed and I still had utterly delectable tootsies! What an amazing product!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by CarynNg

I used to use the peppermint intensive foot rescue cream before this though it didn't really work for me. I got this because it is supposed to do wonders for dry skin and while it has done some justice to my cuticles, it hasn't really helped with my heels! It's pretty pricey for a foot cream (about $20 AUD for a 100ml tub) and the smell isn't all that wonderful (which explains why I put off buying this for such a long time!) so I probably won't repurchase. I'm trying Palmers Olive Butter Formula (Concentrated Cream)after I finish this tub.
UPDATE: Palmers works heaps better!!! My dry heels were smoother than they've been in months after I slathered some on last night!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by an345

Absorbs quickly, and works instantly. I agree with previous reviewers that the smell is less than desirable, but functionality should overtake smell (especially where feet are concerned).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2005 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the reviews, but it just did not work for me. I have returned it

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lilahwi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cream absorbs very quickly and works instantly. It does have somewhat of an odd smell, but it dissipates quickly and is not really a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2004 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Afternoon_Sunshine

Works fast, does not leave a greasy film like most heavy creams. The only thing that takes away from this product from being perfect is the smell.