August 27, 2014 | 1768 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - HEMP Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by foxylesley29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this since it first came out and I have always loved it. Yes, I even love the smell! It moisturizes very well. I just opened a new tub last week and noticed they seemed to have changed the formula. It's noticeably thicker and the color is now a blue-green minty color instead of the darker, more olive green color it used to be. I am not happy at all with this formula change. Hopefully it's just a weird batch.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by picklegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The smell is intolerable. Unfortunately, the moisturizing properties are not spectacular enough to override the stench of this cream. It does work very well, but it is super greasy and takes forever to sink into my skin, so my pajamas and sheets smell like my medicine cabinet. I woke my partner up the first time I tried to creep into bed with this stuff slathered on me because the smell was so potent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the body shop butters, and this one is adequately creamy and moisturizing. However, I've found that the hemp oil in it sits on the skin for hours after the butter has been rubbed in and makes skin feel oily and gross. Not a big fan of the scent, either. It is pretty awful - like earthen clay and dirt. I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This body butter does moisturize really well, but the smell is just awful- like nature (trees, fresh cut grass, and leaves). I do wear it to work daily because my skin is super dry in the winter and this helps keep it moisturized. I would not repurchase this due to the scent. I hope this product is re released with an improved scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

This is a great moisturizer - if you can tolerate the scent! It definitely has that "hippie" smell - like hemp and patchouli and incense all wrapped in dreadlocks and macrame. I prefer clean or fruity/floral scents, so if you are the same, steer clear of this. I was using it on my feet with socks overnight until I noticed the smell in my bedsheets and it took 2 washings to remove it completely. If you like that kind of smell, you will love this. If you prefer clean and/or lightly scented products, avoid it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was just not for me. The smell was very very annoying in my opinion, because it got all over my clothes and it was just too strong for me, and I didn't really like it in the first place. I guess it has good moisturizing properties but it took way too long to sink into my skin. My skin felt greasy and I just thought this was too heavy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by itskattack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Possibly the best lotion I have ever used. I put this on all over my body the first night that I got it, and the next day my skin was silky smooth, where as the night before my skin was so dry and flaky.
I'm not sure if I like the smell or not, but it's not a horrible smell, it's just super earthy, after awhile it just starts to smell like lotion. I also have the body wash and the two together work wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lawlady88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I have used TBS body butters for awhile, but usually only used them on my hands/arms to stretch it further. I got this product in an after Xmas gift set on sale, and my HG hemp hand cream was included, so I decided to use this body butter on...duh, my body! It is fabulous! The smell is different, but I really like it, and it's quite subtle. I can smell it for most of the day, but only as an occasional whiff and it's very pleasant. I have fairly dry skin, and I can get away with using this every other day after getting out of the shower. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by bringhunterthehorizon

This product is a lifesaver. I use it all the time, it's perfect for every season in New England because it helps with dry skin during winter months and also if used in large amounts after aloe helps to releve and moisturize sunburn. I received this product a year ago for Christmas and still have almost half the tub left, a little goes a long way! I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Rokmelon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this body butter. I use it for my hands and feet and I love how healthy and soft they are.

I've been using this butter for over a year now and wouldn't be without it in the house, I'm addicted to it!