Mavala Cuticle Cream

3.6

Lanolin, Petrolatum, Water, Mineral Oil, SD Alcohol 39-C, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Propylene Glycol.

on 7/23/2013 11:07:00 AM

My job requires a lot of hand washing which leaves me with dry/rough cuticles. Unfortunately Mavala Penetrating Cuticle Cream is unsuitable for use throughout the day because it's greasy and slow to absorb but at night, it's earned it's place in my must-haves.

I wish it came with a finer-point/nozzle - you only need a tiny amount and that's not easy with the tube as is and I wish it had a better smell to it but considering the benefits it brings, I'm willing to put up with it.

I no longer have hangnails that result in me constantly picking at with some painful and nasty looking results.

Packaging and smell aside - this is my go-to at night.

on 1/21/2012 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was expecting a lot from this product but it did not turn out to be what I expected. I saw a friend using this and she says this saved her from having manicures. I ran to the store and got myself one immediately for I believe maniucures make my nails more brittle and I really liked the idea of not having manicures any more. Unfortunately the product does not absorb well, I have to massage and massage and massage my fingertips for a good 20 minute for the product to absorb, and even than it just sits on the top of my cuticles, not absorbing completely. Who has the time for it? I need something that is quick to absorb! I will continue to use but won't be purchasing when it runs out.

on 2/10/2010 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think this is a so-so cuticle cream. It does moisturize, but not for very long, so you do need to reapply often. It is also quite greasy and smell strangely of men's shaving cream, Barbasol to be exact. I'm quite disappointed with Mavala, they used mineral oil and petroleum jelly in this product (2 products that really don't need to be used in this high end lines formulas imho), and if I had read the ingredients list prior to purchasing, I would never have bought it. I'll stick with Burt's Bees or CND Rejuvenate.

on 1/4/2008 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked "would buy again" eventhough I'm not quite sure. It has worked well and I've used several tubes. The only thing I just can't bare is the smell. Which ingredient smells so bad that it has to be covered with this stench?
My skin has a weird habit of getting used to products. This one is no different. After I've gotten half way the tube(which by the takes a long time)this doesn't work as well anymore and no matter how often I apply, it doesn't do it's job anymore.
Eventhough I hate the smell, I will probably, at some point purchase this again. And again...

This cream is really grate for my super dry cuticles. A little goes a long way and I think it absorbs quite fast. But! I really hate the smell. It smells like cheap cologne or something. I actually avoid using this because of the smell. But it's the best I've found so far and I always go back to it. So if you're not sensitive to perfume like I am, this is grate.

on 1/10/2007 10:41:00 AM

Honestly I did not realize any diffence, except a sticky feeling around my nails. Now I am using body shop almond cuticle cream and it works well.

on 10/13/2005 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This even made my boyfriends cuticles look perfect (And they are, belive me, really really horrible). It`s THE BEST Cuticle Cream!

on 1/21/2004 4:26:00 PM

This is one of the most moisturizing creams I have found for the nail/cuticle area. I can really tell a difference with my extremely dry skin. Everything in this line has me hooked!

on 12/30/2003 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This cream does soften the cuticles but it takes forever to fully absorb. It's best to use it at night time when you can wear cotton gloves. The scent is also quite strong.

Popular Treatments