July 28, 2014 | 1590 users online

Treatments - OPI - Avoplex Cuticle oil

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by Lindo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This actually made my cuticles dryer and harder -.-

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite cuticle oils. I hadn't purchased it in awhile, because i have like 10 other ones, but it came in an OPI set of 10 mini polishes and nail care items (which is an amazing value, by the way). I had used up a full-sized bottle of this previously. This is oil-based and very moisturizing. I have very dry cuticles, and I like the way this has more of a "slip" than some cuticle oils. You have to rub this in and massage your cuticles, nails, and the area around your nails. It is not supposed to magically soak into your cuticles instantaneously. You are also supposed to use this several times a day, and on a good day I use cuticle oils 4-6 times, particularly after washing my hands or having them in water. If cuticle oil isn't working for you, do your research and learn about the product and also about your nails. This also has a pleasant smell, and I will continue to buy this product. I also apply this to "oil" the nail and nail bed before polish, which actually helps polish last much longer than dehydrating the nail.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate this stuff because it makes my cuticles look and feel terrible. I LOVE OPI polishes but I hate this cuticle oil. I made a mistake thinking since OPI makes THE best nail polishes, they should make the best cuticle oil. I was so wrong :( When I first apply it, my cuticle area looks fabulous, but after about 6 hours, I have to apply again because it starts to look dry. I thought to myself: I must really have naturally dry cuticles that look ragged, I might just have to moisturize them every 6 hours.... Then, I accidently forgot to put on this oil for about 4 days. I noticed my cuticles looked great even though I did not put any of the avoplex stuff on for four days! For this reason I won't buy ever again, I came to my own senses that Avoplex was kind of fooling me by giving me nice cuticles after application, but was actually drying them out big time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MusingCrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product a lot.
I find that although oils can be a bother at times they really work the best for my very dry skin. I use this twice a day and use very good hand creams every time I wash my hands.

This oil absorbs fairly quickly, it has a delightful, light scent and it has worked wonders for my dry cuticles. They look the best ever,

I am ordering the one ounce size next time around.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

i think this is an okay product, what made it really fancy is the smell, which unfortunately I'm addicted to. It doesn't absorb easily to my cuticles though, it just stay there. if you're asking if it's moisturizing, probably yes cause it's oil-based, but not as good as how i want it to be. plus the price is not exactly friendly!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of cuticle oil in general. I've found that other cuticle products, such as Burts Bees and Lush Lemony Flutter, are far too greasy for me and a complete mess to apply. I usually need to wipe them off before they have time to absorb lest dog hair/dust/etc get stuck to my hands and under my nails which defeats the purpose of putting the product on in the first place.

I bought OPI's Avoplex (in the to-go tube) because i needed something small and easy to use for my handbag. I was not disappointed. The applicator is fantastic and results in minimal mess unless you squeeze too hard. Yes, it takes a bit of massaging to absorb, but this massaging is great for nail health anyway as it increases blood flow. It smells great, light and not overpowering or artificial. It does not, at a glance, contain drying mineral oils, but I'm not 100% sure on that so feel free to correct me.

However, the tube is very small for the price, which is ridonkulously expensive in Australia, so I will continue to buy mine from ebay.

Well worth purchasing if, like me, you aren't a fan of waxy or greasy cuticle treatments.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Ehhh, this is an okay cuticle oil, but nothing crazy. I only bought it because it was sold in a combo with Nail Envy for a really good price lol. I wouldn't buy this again though.

It comes in the standard OPI polish bottle with a pro wide brush (making it super easy to apply). It smells really nice, and does seem to moisturize the cuticles and nails, but nothing crazy. It will not transform your cuticles after a few days. The major con of this product is that it absorbs VERY slowly and leaves a greasy residue on your fingers (even if you rigorously massage it in). Essie's cuticle oil absorbed much faster with zero residue.

All in all, it's not terrible and I will use it because I have it, but other cuticle moisturizers (i.e. Essie Apricot & Burt's Bees Lemon Butter) work much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by rudymum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! My cuticles have been horrible for years,despite using lotions and oils specifically designed for nails and cuticles. I have always had great nails and kept them constantly polished, but in the past year they've been splitting and peeling. I now smooth and buff my nails, and apply OPI Avoplex at night, before I go to sleep, and my nails have never been better. Stronger, healthier looking and finally growing again. I wear surgical gloves all day at work with strong surgical alcohol-based lotion under the gloves, and only since using this product have I been able to get my nails to grow again. Be consistent, apply to bare nails when you aren't going to be washing your hands, and in a couple of months you will notice results. It lasts a very long time because a little goes a long way, and I would certainly buy it again and at any price because I know it works and the money spent is worth it. I've wasted lots of money on cheaper products that just don't work. BTW, I don't use OPI nail polish, I don't think that's worth the money. I can do a manicure that lasts (until I get bored with the colour or it starts to grow out) with other less-expensive polishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Little2Sister

I really like this product. It smells lovely and feels nice to apply. I use only a tiny amount every morning and evening. My hands are very problematic as I'm a rower and constantly expose them to cold, wet and friction! I use this product on the calluses I get from rowing as well and it keeps them from cracking.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is just okay for me. It smells nice. The bottle (at least for me and I use it 2x/day) has lasted for a long time (maybe 9 months-ish? and it is still over 1/2 full) I have used other cuticle treatments before (Avon and Sally Hanson) that did a better job. The oil does go on greasy (durrr, as most oils do) and I do find that if I rub it in well the greasiness subsides after a few minutes and then it doesn't bother me. I got this particular OPI thing as a gift, but I love OPI and have several polishes, so I know the price range. I am probably not gonna spend the extra money on this when it's gone. But it's fine to use until then.